• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst Voice Acting in Games

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I thought I disliked Tails's voice in the Sonic Adventure games, then I played Sonic Heroes and realized his Adventure voice was actually a blessing.

What are some instances of the worst voice acting you've heard in games? They can be part of a games charm sometimes, but other times, they're just embarrassing. You can mention cheesy voice acting depending on how you see it.

Ys The Ark of Napishtim has awful voice acting. Especially with a character named Terra. Like there's bad voice acting, but then there's voice acting where you wonder if the actor was even aware that voice overs was a thing that existed prior. Aside the main girl who kinda sounds like she's trying, it's all bad.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Zeldas voice acting in breath of the wild. It is terrible and her accent is awful. I am British and I can assure you nobody talks like that here. She sounds like she is trying to be posher than the queen unfortunately and this is a mistake that quite a few American actors make when trying to do an English accent. They should have hired someone who can do a convincing accent OR someone who is actually English. The rest of the cast aren't great either, old Bosphoramus sounds like a bad Russell Crowe impersonator again with mistakes with the accent. Impa sounds like a young person doing a bad impression of an old person. Just hire an older voice actress. It's not hard. I know there is a lot of age discrimination in the industry but there is no need. You can't tell me that that is the best casting choice they could come up with. Deku Tree isn't much better. They should have gotten Ian McKellen. This is why I listen in Japanese only.

The other instance of bad voice acting I would like to talk about is The House of The Dead 2. You can't even call that voice acting. Watch some clips on YouTube if you want to hear what I mean. It's like they got the game programmers to do the voices rather than getting proper actors.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
"Is that Chris's blood?"
"You were almost a Jill sandwich!"

Those two from Resident Evil are the most notable to me. Obviously on the absolute worst scale there's also the famous "Doctor Wahwee" (as mentioned in an above post). Botw Zelda didn't bother me that much, but it's true it's seemed a bit... fake. The CDI games had it a lot worse bu that was just in general. There's one other game I know had terrible voice work, my dad showed me som clips once, but I can't seem to remember what it was. I'll post it here if I recall.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Samus’s voice in Other M

I haven’t played the game but her voice is so monotone and lacks much emotion, it’s just boring

At least in the Prime games you could feel her emotions in some subtle ways like when she feels the Phazon in her and her trying to resist it in Prime Corruption. Or in Dread when she screams using her full power as she break Raven Beak’s helmet and crashes Raven Beak’s fortress. Or when she spoke to Quiet Robe in Dread using the Chozo language. I’d rather that than this any day

Last edited:

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom