• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst Video Game of All Time.

prince rallis

I'm a huge metal fan.
I've seen threads asking what your favorite game is,but none about the worst.So...what's the worst video game you've ever played?
Personally I HATE Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness for many reasons, you can't catch wild Pokemon, the main character is NOT awesome looking like Red Ethan etc., and it's story based so that means "long text...battle...long text",the lack of exploration and I hate hate hate HATE Jovi (I think thats what the main characters sisters name is but I don't know because I ripped the disc)I hate her more than any other video game character.So to some up my feelings of this game I have on more thing to say...uuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
A close second is Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis (If you've played the game you know why it's bad.)

So what about you?

The Finding Nemo game wasn't very good. It might just be that my sister played the movie so much that I cringe at the mere mention of it, but I stand by my statement. Batman Forever for the SNES had some pretty messed up controls. Any Spyro game after Insomniac Games left is just terrible (read: Skylanders). I hated Metroid Prime because I spent a couple years (real world time) trying to figure out just where in the heck I was going. I got 17% of the game completed. That is my pathetic personal record.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I know there is a certain somebody or two who is gonna hate me for saying this and probably want to explain the contrary, but I honestly believe Metroid Other M is an abysmal wreck of a game with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. From the controls, to the levels, to the plot and progression to whatever the **** passes as a "story" in that game, Other M is broken in every conceivable way.

Of course, it could be worse, it could be Final Fantasy Four Heroes of Light. That would be a helluva lot worse. That "game" (and I use the term loosely) is an ill conceived, shoddily contrived utterly broken piece of scrap. I would explain why but it would take way too long than it's worth mentioning and I have to be drunk first in order to do so. Suffice it to say, nobody should ever have to know why that bloody mess is so mind-boggelingly bad... I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Never played Metroid, but from the people I know who loved the earlier games.... Other M was horrid. And I totally agree with the FF one- The combat was as far from engaging that a Final Fantasy game could get, I think. And the story wasn't interesting at all. Usually, I'll overlook terrible combat/gameplay for a good story, but the story just...wasn't good. (I only played to the first boss. Maybe it gets better, but the story in the beginning isn't good enough to keep me interested.)

I also kinda hated Okamiden. I had such high hopes and they were simply shattered. Movement and camera were clunky. The entire story was basically a rehash... And Chibi can't read signs/observe things without a partner? I mean, it makes sense since he's a puppy, but it's still stupid. If I want to read a sign in a game, I shouldn't require a partner to do so, or I should be given a constant partner.

Moonstone

I think the issue is the title rather than our responces. It should probably read "what do you think it is the worst/most disappointing game ever". I think it's pretty easy for everyone to make a list of the worst games ever- and everyone's list would be the same if that was the case.

I think the issue is the title rather than our responces. It should probably read "what do you think it is the worst/most disappointing game ever". I think it's pretty easy for everyone to make a list of the worst games ever- and everyone's list would be the same if that was the case.

Agreed.

Now I shall remove my needlessly troll-ish, complex, and long-winded post.

Moonstone

You can, and should, still give your opinion, man. Theres just no need to bash others for theirs.

I've played some awful games in the past.. a few i could mention are Jaws Unleashed(ps2), Mr Mosquito(ps2), Fighter's Destiny(n64), Jurassic Park(snes),

But a game that i really hate is Sonic Adventure- I really wanted to like this game and it was nice to see Sonic in 3D but it was a nightmare to play, awful camera, the stages would turn on you, you'd fall through the fall and end up dead for no reason, the homing attack could haunt you every now again and land you in trouble, i just hated it so much because i so badly wanted to love it, at least with the other games i've pointed out as being god-awful, nothing was is as bad as being disappointed in something you love, at least the others weren't part of a series that had made its money by impressing its fan base.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I dunno about worst game. I tend to research games before I get them. There's really only one game I have bought that I regret buying. Steel Diver for the 3DS. The controls were so bad, the game was essentially unplayable. It had a very clumsy touch screen interface. You couldn't really make a proper judgement of the rest of the game because the controls were so sloppy. That one was an impulse buy because the launch games for the 3DS were very limited and I wanted to have at least one 3DS game at launch. I recommend avoiding it if you can. It was not enjoyable.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Gonna quote myself from another thread.

Gubble.

Never heard of it? I'm not surprised. It is the worst game.

This is Gubble -
30195d1352991417-awful-games-you-just-love-play-regardless-image.jpg

This is what Gubble does -
30196d1352991436-awful-games-you-just-love-play-regardless-image.jpg

If it isn't clear from the image, Gubble goes around a planet taking screws out of the floor. Sometimes he takes nails and bolts out too. Why he does this is never really made clear. He was kidnapped by aliens and forced to remove these things but for the life of me I couldn't tell you why.

30197d1352991537-awful-games-you-just-love-play-regardless-image.jpg

This game is pants. Absolute definition of a bad game... despite being on PS1, there is absolutely no save feature whatsoever. If you don't finish it in one sitting, you have to start fresh next time you play. God, I hate Gubble.

Scoby

France
SS definitely, hate this game, had no fun playing it and motion controls make everything the worst :)

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
Definitely Superman 64. Unlike most of you, I actually played the game before I knew it was terrible. My parents rented it for me once when I was younger. Needless to say I returned the game the same day. I felt bad for my parents, but that game is just unplayable.

Sonic the Hedgehog '06 is a close contender. Definitely the worst game in the Sonic franchise, if only because it was supposed to be Sonic's anniversary game. It was filled with bugs and glitches that made the game extremely tedious. There was also the fact that Sonic had a relationship with a human being... No, just no. Sonic and real world elements don't really seem to mix all that well. SEGA, why did you produce such a horrible, horrible game? :/

Baroque it is actually the only game I have traded in. Trusting it since it was atlus and the art style reminded me of Persona 3 I bought the game. Later realizing it was a horrible game. The graphics looked like N64 on a wii system! You could throw things and I still don't know why, the people in the game give you no hint as what you're suppose to do except to go through this tower over and over again. Then an Angel explodes or something it really made no sense, looked horrible and nobody told you anything about why you're there or worse how to play the game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom