• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst titled Zelda

Djinn

and Tonic
I always thought Wind Waker was not really all that related to anything you do in the game. Nor was controlling wind all that important in the gameplay other than directing your boat. It just did not really point out what you did or what the quest was about in that game at all. I actually thought something like A Link to the Past would have worked out better in this game since you are largely reawakening the hidden world of the past, and stopping a villain who escaped it etc.

Twilight Princess. It just sounds so girly, makes me feel embarrassed to even say the name aloud.

If CD-i counts, then Wand of Gamelon.

If not, then Tri Force Heroes.

If that one doesn't count either, then anything with 'Four Sword' in it.

also, favorite title? Majora's Mask. Feels really foreboding to me.

I guess Majora's mask, it's kinda confusing once you think of it, you're not fighting a mask who belongs to someone named Majora, no, you're fighting a mask who's named Majora. I guess Majora Mask/ Majora the Mask does sound kinda stupid.

Dan

Adventure of Link as someone already mentioned it's incredibly generic and most likely will always be considered a generic title.
While I can agree Twilight Princess sounds tweeny now, it doesn't mean it will stay tweeny forever. There was a time when Twilight wasn't considered a soiled word, just look at the twilight zone.

A Link to the Past is Triforce of the Gods, argument invalid.
No offense, but what does that have to do with anything? It was the Japanese release, not the English. It's not like I still call Corrin by his Japanese name anymore.
The original title has The Hyrule Fantasy in the title.
Once again, only the Japanese release, and even then, it's still pretty bland.

Crono

Hylian Rebel
It being the original title has to do with everything about the game's name. The game wasn't created in America...

It being the original title has to do with everything about the game's name. The game wasn't created in America...
Yes, but that was the name we were canonically given, and they could have made just titled ALBW Triforce of the Gods 2 if they wanted, due to religion not really being such an uproar in games anymore, but they stuck with the "A Link--" ideal.

Crono

Hylian Rebel
Yes, but that was the name we were canonically given, and they could have made just titled ALBW Triforce of the Gods 2 if they wanted, due to religion not really being such an uproar in games anymore, but they stuck with the "A Link--" ideal.

Uhm but it was titled The Legend of Zelda: The Triforce of the Gods 2

japanese-a-link-between-worlds-site.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom