• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst titled Zelda

Uhm but it was titled The Legend of Zelda: The Triforce of the Gods 2

japanese-a-link-between-worlds-site.png
Yes, precisely.

In Japan.
The entire point of aLttP being titled that was due to the religious controversies in gaming. Since that's basically died down, it could easily be called Triforce of the Gods 2 in America, but they stuck with A Link Between Worlds, since it's the canon English translation name for the game.

Crono

Hylian Rebel
Only then, it only makes sense for a new name that's similar to ALttP because most Zelda fans will not understand Triforce of the Gods 2.

Exactly, because they're following the trend they originally set up. We're going by English names here, because uh, we speak English. I think the only reason we even bother with Japanese translations is if it reveals lore that wasn't fully translated in the English versions.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Definitely Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Definitely one of the most unoriginal names in Zelda history. It just took Four Swords, and added "adventures" to it. That's even more unoriginal than Adventure of Link.
It being the original title has to do with everything about the game's name. The game wasn't created in America...
Should we start calling Link, "Rinku" as well? This site is an English speaking website. We don't really need to have a double standard of Japanese and US names.

Crono

Hylian Rebel
Should we start calling Link, "Rinku" as well? This site is an English speaking website. We don't really need to have a double standard of Japanese and US names.

Speaking English has nothing to do with what a game is originally and meant to be called. And just so you know. "Rinku" is simply the way Link is pronounced in Japanese...same goes for Zeruda.

Speaking English has nothing to do with what a game is originally and meant to be called. And just so you know. "Rinku" is simply the way Link is pronounced in Japanese...same goes for Zeruda.
I assume you're also the type of guy to call Fire Emblem: Fates Fire Emblem: If?

Crono

Hylian Rebel
Some people seem to be missing the point here and simply do not understand what localization means, anyway call me when some veterans show back up here. :)

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Some people seem to be missing the point here and simply do not understand what localization means, anyway call me when some veterans show back up here. :)
Since this is an English speaking website, we use the English localizations for things such as names.
If we were using Japanese names, then Wind Waker would be called "The Baton of Wind". There is a huge cultural difference in these, and thus Japanese names should never take precedence over the localized names. The only problems this represents is some mistranslations such as in TP.

Localization or not, it's what the game is called here, and that's what we're going by. You can call it whatever you want, but this thread is calling it aLttP because that's what it's called in English. I'd rather not get into a petty argument about "I kno mor abt zelda thn u!!1!" because most people in this thread have used aLttP when referring to that specific game. You can say Triforce of the Gods if you like; just don't be a smartass and tell other people they're wrong.

MW7

I was embarrassed to tell anyone that I was playing a game called "Twilight Princess" even before "Twilight" came out. Now if I'm forced in conversation to mention it to someone who isn't a fan, I refer to it as the "Gamecube Zelda" despite WW also being a Gamecube Zelda. I think they should have called it something like "Legend of Zelda: Shadow of Hyrule" and changed every reference in the game about twilight to shadow.

Twilight Princess. Seriously, before I got into Zelda I thought it was some crappy My Little Pony licensed game. And then when I played I thought it was gonna be fanservice towards all the 14 year old girls in the Zelda franchise.

Which it was, but it was still a good game.

Adventure of Link as someone already mentioned it's incredibly generic and most likely will always be considered a generic title.
While I can agree Twilight Princess sounds tweeny now, it doesn't mean it will stay tweeny forever. There was a time when Twilight wasn't considered a soiled word, just look at the twilight zone.
Adventure of Link is a great title though. It says exactly what the game is. It's an Adventure had by Link. The title tells you exactly what the game is.

The worst in my opinion would be:
Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land
Colour Changing Tingle's Baloon Trip Of Love

Both of those game titles are pretty shocking. They don't give the impression of a good game, they give the feeling more like some artsy fartsy 99 cent game full of toxic micro transactions.

If I have to pick a more mainstream Zelda game I'd choose:
A Link To The Past

I lever worked out what the past has to do with this game. There's no time travelling in the game. All Zelda games have the Link to the ancient gods and the triforce. So what's special about the past and this game? I never really liked this title for this and other reasons. I just call the game Zelda 3. Incorrect I know but it's a heck of a lot better than ALTTP.

Said it once. Say it again. A link to the past. The JP title, Triforce of the Gods, was mich better
Yes sir it was. You are correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom