• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst titled Zelda

Most Zelda games are just named after items in the respective game (sometimes they sound silly though). But then we have the likes of Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past and Skyward Sword...

Which title sounds the lamest to you?

for me it'd probably be either Minish Cap or Skyward Sword.

Minish Cap because you cant escape the fact that you're playing a game about magical millinery.
Skyward Sword because i remember how irritating it was in the game to actually put your sword skyward!

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I'm going to go with Adventure of Link. Just seems to mundane and boring when everything else makes at least some effort to have an element of creativity. As much as I'd like a game called "The Legend of Zelda: 6 Temples then a Boss", I quite like the more original titles!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Most Zelda games are just named after items in the respective game (sometimes they sound silly though). But then we have the likes of Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past and Skyward Sword...

Which title sounds the lamest to you?

for me it'd probably be either Minish Cap or Skyward Sword.

Minish Cap because you cant escape the fact that you're playing a game about magical millinery.
Skyward Sword because i remember how irritating it was in the game to actually put your sword skyward!

Skyward Sword. That's what I wake up with in the morning. Ridiculous name I thought when it was unveiled.

A few, for different reasons.

Twilight Princess, because it's the most tween sounding of any game... Seriously, I never like to speak it's name to any non-Zelda fan.

Majora's Mask, because it's just uninspired, an odd and fairly boring mix of vowels and consonants that in no way reflect how profound the game actually is.

A Link to the Past, because nobody knows what the hell it means.

Props go to The Wind Waker for being the best. I know that's not the question, but that title's just so friggin epic.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I thought Spirit Tracks sounded pretty corny. So im going to have to go with that one. However Skyward Sword sounds pretty lame as well.

I thought Minish Cap was an odd name though I cant say its lame, and the fact that the game is amazing makes it easy to overlook the oddness of the title.

Twilight Princess was unfortunate just because of all the annoying crap that was going on at the time with the Twilight book/movie series. I thought Wind Waker sounded cooler until I played it and realized a wind waker is just a doinky little baton, and it became less impressive to me.

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
To be fair, the Zelda games have great titles because they are so diverse. Most games are just sequels (like Megaman 1-9) and let's not even get into the Super Mario series.

Wind Waker is a pretty stupid title if you think about it, but the game is practically a cultural icon and it stuck.

Pen

The game is on!
A Link to the Past is the only title I dislike. It just doesn't make sense to me why it's called that. All of the other titles are completely fine in my opinion. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom