• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst Pokemon Memory...

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Pokemon Red.
I'll never forget.
Most stupid mistake of my life.
I couldn't help that I was only 5.
I ..... uhmmm...... I couldn't figure out how to get out of the house so I was stuck there for hours until I told my mom that I wanted to return the game. *cries forever*

Dracoburn

Lance's Protégé
Ok. So I have never gotten my OWN(as in, my ID, my capture, my everything), non-event(meaning that Red Gyarados and Mystery Gift don't count) shiny Pokemon, but I've been obsessed with doing so for years. They just hate me, you see. I haven't even hatched them from the egg in Crystal. I've tried SRing, I've tried MMing, I've tried PRing, nothing works. So I was totally surprised and delighted when I came across a bubblegum pink Graveler south of Blackthorn while training.

My mind went into automatic capture mode. I was training something weak, which I knew would go down before it could attack, so I switched out for my Gengar to put it to sleep. But after I switched, I couldn't believe my eyes to see "The wild Graveler used Self-Destruct!" flash before my eyes. I actually cried. Like, seriously, I actually cried. It just wasn't FAIR! And it was in vain because it didn't even hurt my Gengar. Just about threw my DS at the wall.

Never get through that victory cave in Ruby (or what it is called). Because you dies all the time. And never win the championship in Ruby! :mad:

POKEMON RED! I had almost trained all my main team to level 100, and had 130 or so pokes in the pokedex. Then one time when I started it up, the screen glitched out.

I turn it on again, and my save file had been deleted. Being eleven at the time, I think I started crying XD

I Remember when i was 5 And got to the rock gym on yellow,but when I defeated Brock(it took me about 2 weeks)I had to go to school so I gave my game boy to my mom......She turned off....And I didn't save.....I still have Nightmares about me finishing every and single Game boy game and my mother turning it off.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I was playing Leaf Green in bed, I had caught at least 10 good Pokemon, I woke up the next morning and to my horror I saw that I had fallen asleep while and I had thrown my Gameboy across the room in my sleep. The system was still on but it was frozen and I lost about 6 hours of grinding, plus all the Pokemon I had caught which included a Chancy. Luckily it only scratched the system on the bottom corner and I was able to the scratches out without damaging the paint.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
My worst Pokemon memory was finding out I lost my crystal file and that it could never hold a saved file again. (That was 4 years before HG/SS came out I was so happy to finally replace it with HG)

My worst memory was the first time I played through Sapphire, and I had finally got to the point of catching Kyogre. Well, I had no master ball, and I had run out of pokeballs. Worst day of my little 8 year old life.

My Worst pokemon memory...
So I was playing Red version and was about 9 at the time. I had already beaten the game and caught all the pokemon at the time. I was playing to level up my pokemon to 100. But on this fateful day my younger sisters friend came over... and with her came her older brother, who was a year older than me and was much bigger than me. According to my dad, this kid was my first bully and even got into a fight with me a year earlier... but i guess we were now "friends". So when he came over I told him I caught all the pokemon and was the pokemon master (I did this just to try and get under his skin). But said "No you didn't, did you get Golden Bird?" Confused and curious I asked, "Who is Golden Bird?" And he told me that Golden Bird is the mysterious pokemon that Ash see's at the end of the first pokemon episode (Ho-oh, but no one knew his name at the time). He told me he could help me get Golden Bird. Me being the Naive 9 year old I agreed. He told me I couldn't look at my game while he was doing this. So I was anxiously waiting, watching my "friend" do multiple trades between my game and his as he narrated "exactly" what he was doing. After he was done he told me I couldn't turn on my game for 24 hours or it wouldn't work. So I waited. When I turned my game on the next morning I noticed my Moltres was gone, and in its place was a level 3 pidgey. I tried telling my parents but they didn't understand. I was so crushed that I no longer had all the pokemon, I restarted my game just so I could get Moltres again. A few weeks later my cousin taught me how to do the rare candy glitch, so leveling up my pokemon wasn't as difficult. The next time I met up with my "friend" I challenged him to a battle and totally destroyed him. I told him "I don't even need Moltres to beat you... because I'm a pokemon master." so satisfying.

After reading through some of this thread, sounds like some harsh stuff has happened to people while playing Pokemon. :(

For me, my worst memory was back when I played Pokemon Yellow. I was up to Koga I believe, but then I was messing around with a new game without any intention to save, but I saved anyway by "reflex", if that makes any sense, losing all my progress and my beloved Pokemon. Wasn't anywhere near level 100 or anything, but I still lost my guys. Totally miss my Hypno. :(

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
when i tried to get pokemon with natures that suited the moves they would have. Hypno would have all special attack moves so would get a Modest one, increased special attack and decreased attack. there are 25 Natures but when i get some of the natures multiple times and no Modest, it makes me rage. once i got 4 of the other natures 5 times EACH and spent HOURS trying to get a Modest one. i eventually did but not long after getting it, the battery died while it was saving and the file got corrupted.

jbkarate9

KAME HAME HA!!!!
When I was young, every pokemon was an HM slave lmfao. And when I was nuzlockeing one time my whole team wiped at the 7th gym leader:(.

MarkaenShoque92

Hero of Hoenn
Here is the scenario: on my Pokemon Yellow in my very first game file, I have a team of six high level Pokemon (level 50 something Pikachu; 60s or 70s Pidgeot, Charizard, and Venasaur; and to top it off, a level 80 Mewtwo and Blastoise). One fateful day, I turned on my Pokemon Yellow, and the message "Your game file has been corrupted" showed up in front of my very eyes. All of my hard work defeating the Elite Four countless times and everything else were lost in the face of fate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom