• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst Pokemon Memory...

alkane

pokemon master of hyrule
one of my worst memories was when i was playing gold when i was 7 i had a quilava and i was going to fight jasmine and i had never used the pc before, and i wanted to switch it with something. so i went to release and released it! i had no idea what i did, but when my uncle told me i released it instead of depositing it i cried for an hour, and then restarted the game, then my five year old brother restarted the game the same day i beat the elite four. so then i played through it again and got mewtwo, then my neighbor cloned it and lost all my pokemon

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
I've had a couple bad ones in my decade long Pokemon-ing career..Mostly having to do with save files being erased. The first horrifying Pokemon moment I experienced was with Pokemon Pinball, actually, the original one for Gameboy Color. Fun game, but SUPER hard to get a complete pokedex. I was far along, though, and had even caught Zapdos, which I was really proud of. One day I guess the cartridge was being wonky, so of course, I blow on it a bit. I was hanging out with my dad at the time, who isn't really very video game savvy, but he asked for the cartridge, saying he'd clean it for me. He whips out a can of computer cleaner, the kind with the long nozzle, and sprays a bunch of it all up in the cartridge. I was terrified, snatched it back, booted it up, and all my pokedex data was blank ._. I never recaptured Zapdos, either and the mark from the cleaner is still visible on the cartridge.

Later, when I got an N64 and Pokemon Stadium 2 (my first game for the system) I borrowed a game pak from a friend, all excited to transfer over my Yellow team to battle. That game was far along, and I had all the evolved starters. We all know where this is going... I put the cartridge into the game pak, put it in the controller, turn on the game, the screen comes up and says there isn't a game connected. I turn it off and put the cartridge back in my gameboy to find my save data gone, apparently corrupted by that faulty game pak. Ugh.

Others are from my own stupidity. I was looking to buy Fire Red on Amazon, used. I bought it from some random seller, without doing my homework and looking into the reviews. I bought the "game" for like 15 bucks, it arrived, and I should have been able to tell that it was a fake from the the non-holographic label. Alas, I didn't any mind to it, started a game, played, saved and quit, then started up again to a screen telling me there was a problem with my file and it had been erased. It happened on every reboot and I didn't have the follow-through to contact the seller and call out his BS (I was young and not used to buying stuff online), I just kind of shoved the cartridge into the back of my closet somewhere, never to be seen again, money wasted. Also, at one point in high school had kind of a falling out with video games and made the stupid, stupid decision to sell some of my games bundled on eBay. Included were my versions of Silver and Crystal, which I'd kill to play today.. All I've got left from the 2nd gen is my gold version :C

I had the worse day of my pokemon life. It was years ago, when I was newbie to pokemon, so bare with me.
In pokemon crystal near the middle of the game where you had had the chance to catch Suicune. At this time, I didnt know that it was a legendary pokemon & there is one only species of legendary pokemon per game, meaning if you faint it, u dont have another chance. Soo since I didnt know that, I figured i catch it later because I needed more hp & pokeballs, so I faint it. THEN when the professor call me & said they had a master ball, I was overjoyed because i could finally catch the pokemon that I went through crap to catch...a Ditto. (yes, a ditto seemed to be the bane of my exsistence at that time) So I flew to the lab, flew back to where the dittos were & caught a ditto WITH A MASTER BALL!!! I was soo excited I brought it to school to show my friends...& they told me the terrible mistake I've done.

A

ApokolipsNow

My worst Pokémon memory definitely goes to my first time in Victory Road in Red, I didn't have a map and I was young enough so finding my way took me a while. Oh look, it's Moltres! Oh look, I killed Moltres by mistake and saved because I hadn't saved in hours... I'd regret it for years, and I never really did like Moltres much after that. If nothing else it taught me to save early and save often!

Z

zelda-dancer

Mine also has to do with Crystal. I was pretty young, so don't make fun of my horrible battling skills. :p

Anyway, I was finally approaching the end of a particularly difficult battle with the rival. He was killing me for most of the battle, and after at least an hour, I finally got down to the last Pokemon. It must have been at least the tenth time I had battled him, and my mom was nagging at me to turn it off because dinner was ready. I kept saying "I can't, I have to save it, I can't save it when I'm battling, etc." but since she doesn't play video games, she didn't believe me. So then she says "I'll save it MY way!" and she just ripped the cartridge out of my Game Boy.

I. was. heartbroken.

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
Well mine was with pokemon ruby. I just beat two really hard gym learders, and I haven't saved it yet. My gamboy was on red, then right when I was going to save it, it died........ IT DIED..... I cried for an hour then went to bed. XD

Conor

the over analysing guy
This is quite a recent memory, I lost my Pearl, no big deal right? No, you don't understand, I had about 485 pokemon in my pokedex, all without the use of cheats, it was a matter of time before I beat the pokedex, not only does black and white come out, ruining my hopes of catching them all, but I lose the cartridge, thankfully salvaging a few of my favourite pokemon beforehand.

My worst Pokemon memory is my only Pokemon memory. One and a half weeks ago, I went to my local used game store and bought Pokemon Silver. (Silver for Game Boy, not SoulSilver for DS.) I took it home, fired it up, and had a blast for an hour and a half. I properly saved my game, and when I came back the next day to play it, the file was corrupted! I restarted and got back to the same point, and again saved properly. It corrupted again the next day. :( I took it back to the store and they swapped it out for a new one. This copy is even worse, I have to vigorously blow on it to get it to work, and if I save the game and come back, it won't even tell me the file is corrupted, it will just act like I never saved. So if I want to beat the game, I have to beat it in one playthrough or leave the system on constantly. :kawaii:

I have a game that does that, but sometimes it will work. At first it didn't so I only played it when I had long rides because I knew it wouldn't save but I still wanted to see what the game was like. One day it saved, and there was no corrupt file when I turned it back on, I was OVERJOYED, and for the next few saves it didn't corrupt, so I thought maybe it was fine... but I was wrong, and I should have seen it coming. When I was really far in the game, and I had turned it back on to play, it was corrupted.... I haven't played that game since :(

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
My worst Pokemon memory is my only Pokemon memory. One and a half weeks ago, I went to my local used game store and bought Pokemon Silver. (Silver for Game Boy, not SoulSilver for DS.) I took it home, fired it up, and had a blast for an hour and a half. I properly saved my game, and when I came back the next day to play it, the file was corrupted! I restarted and got back to the same point, and again saved properly. It corrupted again the next day. :( I took it back to the store and they swapped it out for a new one. This copy is even worse, I have to vigorously blow on it to get it to work, and if I save the game and come back, it won't even tell me the file is corrupted, it will just act like I never saved. So if I want to beat the game, I have to beat it in one playthrough or leave the system on constantly. :kawaii:

This is a problem with all GSC cartridges. Apparently if the game is played for extended ammounts of time, and then not played for a very long time the internal clock will actually drain your games battery. What that leaves you with is a game that will -work-, but cannot keep a saved file.

There actually is a way to replace the battery, but there is no way to retrieve your lost game.

Which brings me to my saddest Pokemon Moment, which was finding out that my battery had been drained as well. A few years ago I popped in Pokemon Silver to find my entire game was lost. I freaked out and quickly put in Gold, and sure enough I found no save file. At this point I was freaking out because every Pokemon from the first and second generation that I trained and loved was currently in my Crystal cart. I frantically searched for it, and my worst fears were realized. ):

It wouldn't have been such a devastating blow if it was not for my Venusaur, my first Pokemon who was lost along with the others. I train up Bulbasaurs in every version I play, but as I'm sure you all know there really is no Pokemon that compares with your very first companion, emotionally at least.

I had spent so much time playing GSC, them being my favorite generation of Pokemon that it really just... was like a punch to the gut to see everything gone. I recently found that the spirit of my team lives on in my Pokemon Stadium 2 cart where I did register my party to a few battle cups and rival and such. So I can still battle with them. ): The whole thing just made me hate generation 3 even more, since my team would have most likely been safe and sound on Sapphire, or heck prolly even on Diamond at that point. Q_Q

67ghost

no you're not
i had a level 80-100 swampert i was five couldn't beat steven asked my brothers friend for help came back my file was deleted

My worst Pokemon memory was when I tried to get my sister to start playing Pokemon. It happened a good 5 years ago, I think. I let my sister play around on my Sapphire version(which had my 3 lvl 100s on it). When she was done, after I told her not to save on the new game she started. Guess what. She did. I cried for hours. And I was 8 years old.

I have two. As a young child, when pokemon first came out I got blue version. But then when yellow was released I had to have it, so I got it AND the signature yellow pokemon gameboy color. I loved that thing to no end. One time I was playing it on a plane ride and put it down for some shut-eye. When we landed and got off I left it and my gameboy case with all my games on the plane. I never saw them again. Probably the most devastating thing to happen to a 10 year old.

Second was when I ran into one of the two shinies I've ever seen in the wild. It was a happiny, and I caught it. YES! Didn't save right away, dropped my DS, game frozen. ARRRRGHGHGHGHGHHHHHHHHH. I raged so hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom