• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst Movie Ever Seen

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
The worst movie I've seen? That would definitely have to be a movie called Kung Pow: Enter the Fist. I really can't remember much about it anymore, I've only seen it once and that was several years ago. The beginning was... okay, but the movie just got really boring, and stupid. Seriously, gopher-chucks?
Ha! That movie was awful! I watched it with a friend and almost could not finish it.

Napoleon Dynamite takes a bit to get into, but it's fun to watch with friends.

Jumper was a terrible movie. Caleb and I hardly made it through and it was such a waste of time. Cool concept, poor delivery.

The next that I thought of I saw years ago. Anybody here seen something called The Omega Code? Yick. I watched that back when I was going through my obession with the end of the world and apocalyptic Bible prophecy stuff. It was something I watched "back when I was more religious." The film was made specifically for people who are into that stuff - so, if you don't know much or anything about a *specific* school of thought within a *specific* sector of Christianity (this model isn't even what "all Christians" think, trust me), you aren't going to "get it" at all. I knew some of what was going on with the school of thought it came from and I still didn't get it. It was like a cut-rate Left Behind (haven't seen the movie, but read half the novels and now think they are a steaming pile - and The Omega Code was like a steaming pile of a film that didn't live up to the steaming pile novels I read). I couldn't follow the film and what acting I did see was... I think the actor playing the protagonist, to paraphrase Futurama's Calculon, gave me cancer. I actually don't remember anything from this film other than it was supposed to be about the apocalypse and was horrible.

Ah yes. Definitely an awful movie!

The worst movie i've ever seen came out a few years ago and was called "A Serious Man" THIS. MOVIE. WAS. AWFUL!!!! it was arguably the most boring thing i've ever seen in my life! that's the best way to describe this movie: BORING! this movie was so awful, i couldn't even tell what genre it was supposed to be. was it comedy? no, it had NO JOKES in it. was it action? god, i wish. was it suspense? no, because it was SO BORING. the plot is about a jewish man, just trying to live his life. i know what you're thinking, [sarcasm/] how could such a gripping concept POSSIBLY be boring? [/sarcasm] but wait, it gets even worse! the characters are are two-dimensional and had absolutely NO personality. now, put these characters into a plot more boring than ANYONE'S modern life, and you get this movie. the movie had a prologue (if you can call it that) that had absolutely NO RELEVANCE to the plot. speaking of which, NOTHING HAS RELEVANCE TO THE PLOT!!! i'm not joking, almost nothing happens throughout the entirety of this movie, when you think something MIGHT be happening, it turns out that the main character was just dreaming. i've thoght it over multiple time since i've seen it, and i STILL can't make sense of the ending. in conclusion, don't watch this movie, the only thing you'll get from it is a feeling that you've just wasted two hours of your life and how you want that time back.

I think I might have posted in here before (or at least in an older version of this thread), but I totally have a new worst movie ever.

Time Bokan. Okay, technically it was two OVA, not quite a movie, but I'm still counting it. It's this crossover anime that came out a couple of years ago, with characters from a bunch of Tatsunoko (anime studio) series that came out way back in the 70s, like Yatterman, Tekkaman and Gatchaman (Battle of the Planets in the US), just to name a few.

It's also the worst thing I've ever seen. It's just... poorly directed and insane, with low production quality. It was pretty chaotic, but not even in a way that made for appealing comedy. And the voice-acting was terrible.

Augh. >.<

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I would have to say Percy Jackson and the olympians.

They ripped out the plot, Made the actors 5 years older, got rid of the main villen and made a new one, gave the hero extra powers, and made a subplot where the whole thing was "a quest to find the pearls", making the whole thing a multi-million version of dora the expolorer. The actors were bad, and the movie was just terrible. The author wrote an amazing book, and the main actor hadn't even read it! IT'S CALLED A PLOT. The director was supposed to be acurate!

Sorry for shouting and ranting, I needed to get that out of my system. Sufice to say the movie should be erased from all records, posters should be burned, and all who've seen PJ&TO need a memory wipe.

I know right?! It's a good movie, but it would have been a lot better if they didn't change the plot that much. They didn't even mention Kronos, the Oracle, Mr. D etc.

I'm not exactly sure about the worst movie that I had seen. I think that it would be this one movie called 'Home on the Range'. It's really annoying, and there's way too much dancing and singing.

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
Twilight, do I even have to explain why?
Well they made vampires a total joke, and werewolves, and everything...
It killed those classic monsters, not to mention that it also killed the braincells of a whole generation.....

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
I'd definitely have to say Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. It had no main plot/storyline whatsoever. I was genuinely confused as to where the story was going until the very end. Even then the movie didn't come together 100%.

Also, and movie that makes fun of another movie. Such as all of the Scary Movies, Vampires Suck (specifically after Twilight), and many others. I guess this may depend on if the person read the series compared to someone who didn't. But still I feel these movies are made simply to bring in money; nothing else. And that's quite ironic because they usually don't do that.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I haven't actually seen a lot of bad movies before... I'd have to say that the worst was Where the Wild Things Are.
In my opinion, the movie lacked 1 thing: the ability to make sense. It was a good concept, and an overall good movie. The thing was, it didn't make sense. None of the movie went with itself, the mood would change unexpectedly and for no reason whatsoever, and, in the end, it pulled itself together TERRIBLY. In the end, he just came home, and ate some food. His mom looked at him lovingly, as if he hadn't just ran away. Really? I know it's fiction, but at least make the real life scenes realistic!
And there's my rant on Where the Wild Things Are.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
The worst movie I've ever seen is [...]The Room[...]. The room makes no sense at all whats so ever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCj8sPCWfUw

You're gonna love this review. And this follow-up video, created when the Nostalgia Critic had to take the video down because Wiseau threatened to sue him. Thankfully, it later got reuploaded.

I haven't actually seen a lot of bad movies before... I'd have to say that the worst was Where the Wild Things Are.
In my opinion, the movie lacked 1 thing: the ability to make sense. It was a good concept, and an overall good movie. The thing was, it didn't make sense. None of the movie went with itself, the mood would change unexpectedly and for no reason whatsoever, and, in the end, it pulled itself together TERRIBLY. In the end, he just came home, and ate some food. His mom looked at him lovingly, as if he hadn't just ran away. Really? I know it's fiction, but at least make the real life scenes realistic!
And there's my rant on Where the Wild Things Are.
I couldn't disagree more.
In the case of Where the Wild Things Are, you need to keep in mind that it's told exclusively from Max' point of view. Max is a highly creative kid (think of the story he tells his mother in the beginning) that obviously doesn't get enough attention. His trust into other people (his sister, her circle of friends, his absent mother) has been severely hurt time and again. He is a loner, but not by choice. He is angry, because every time something is going the way he likes it, it gets taken away, and most of the times, he gets hurt in the process. His mother might try to give him a good childhood, but she gets torn apart between her responsibility towards him and between her job, which takes her away from him, but is necessary to put food on the table, to buy clothes, toys, all of which is to his benefit as well. But he doesn't understand that. He feels betrayed. By her, by his sister, by the whole world.
All of this shows up in the characterizations of the individual Wild Things later on in the movie. And it's not important if you believe that everything on the island Where The Wild Things Are is in Max' head (which would make each of the Wild Things a manifestation of a different part of Max' psyche) or not (which would mean that those are just the traits that he notices in them the most). Either way you see it, through them, Max learns valuable lessons about life. Through them, he gets to experience the other side. When he becomes King of the Wild Things, he experiences the responsibility his mother has. And he realizes that you can't please everybody. Either way you slice it, somebody always feels left out. Somebody always feels slighted, betrayed.
There movie displays drastic mood swings because that's how childhood is like. One moment, you're having the time of your life, and the next moment, everything (for example, say, an igloo) seems ruined beyond repair. In fact, those unpredictable mood swings are a huge reason why I like this movie so much.
About that ending:
Either he travelled to another dimension where time moves different, or the whole trip has been in his head. I prefer the former, but I can understand if anyone interprets the whole thing as the fantasy of an unruly kid. Either way, from his mother's point of view, he can't have been gone for more than an hour, two hours tops. Of course she takes him back. That's what mothers are for.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
I hated the animated Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey. The plot was rushed, poor animation, and it was the worst rendition of the movie I've ever seen.

Hmmm....toss up between Chicago and Dragonlance: Dragons of Autumn Twilight.

Chicago probably would take the title as worst movie I've ever seen, since DoAT is so awful it's actually entertaining to me. Chicago has to be the one movie that I would seriously marry Valtome from Fire Emblem before ever watching again.

Edit: Wait just a dang minute! Nevermind! I found my all time least favorite movie/series EVER.

Short explanation: there's really no way for me to put this mildly. Achilles = my life. Pretty much. I can't explain it without going into a ridiculously long novel-length history, or an equally long essay about my future. Suffice to say, Achilles means the world to me.

Now...I could have put up with him being bald. As difficult as it is to swallow, I could put up with it. Although since I've glimpsed Achilles before, he's definitely not bald. =/ I get it that most people don't know exactly what Achilles looked like, but the descriptions of him are so specific on a lot of details...I mean, it's like hiring Pikachu to star in Harry Potter and drawing a little lightning bolt on his forehead. Just doesn't work.

Still, I could have put up with it.

What I could not put up with was his butt-kissing to Agamemnon, the very cheated "fight" with Hector, lack of conflict over him pulling out of the war due to his fight with Agamemnon, etc. And if that wasn't all, Agamemnon was not portrayed very well. Don't get me wrong - the actor was great. But the actual character was very inaccurate. Then again, same thing was done in Troy, but Troy was not an adaptation of the Iliad, it was more like a different take on the telling of the historical war. Overall, Helen of Troy sucked. I can't really find anything redeeming about it whatsoever apart from Menelaus at least being shown to have loved Helen (whereas, in Troy, he was an evil drunk who hated everything and had no actual personality).

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
The worst film I've ever seen must be Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, it was hard to decide though, cause I don't seem to have seen a lot of bad films. Anyway, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was just too messy for my taste.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Of the Potter films, I found the Half-Blood Prince much, much worse. It skipped more source material (like the build-up to the titular Prince), lost itself in cheesy teenage romance subplots irrelevant to the story and even added pointless scenes that contradict the rest of the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom