• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst Mario Game.

A while back I did a favorite Mario game thread, now I have decided to do a least favorite Mario game thread.

My least favorite Mario game is Mario Pinball Land for the Gameboy Advance.
The controls for this game are very bad, and there seems to be a huge gap between the flippers, that makes it hard to catch the pinball.

I wonder how many people are going to pick Super Mario Bros 2(US) as there least favorite Mario game.

Last edited:

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I can't say I dislike any of the main series (SMB, 2, 3, World, 64, Sunshine, Galaxy).

If we're talking about games that aren't part of the main series, I would say some of the educational ones. I bought Mario is Missing waaaaay back when, and I was sorely disappointed. I thought it would be Mario meets Carmen Sandiego, but it was just... just, I don't know what it was. Slow, for one thing. The whole process of walking around looking for info needed to be sped up. Walking from one side of the screen to the other seemed to take forever. Maybe I was just used to "running with B". It was also very uninteresting compared to Carmen Sandiego. This was back when games came on 5" floppy disks for computers. I bet 95% of the people on this forum don't know these disks, or at least never played a game on one...

As a side note to Midna's comment -- I loved Mario 2, even in it's oddness. I never saw why it was supposed to be so horrid, other than the fact that it was different. I'm sure everyone would complain if we'd got the Japanese Mario 2 instead because it was either A) too hard or :cool: too similar to SMB. I also loved Sunshine, which seems to get a lot of unnecessary flack.

Mario is Missing was pretty bad. But for anyone who has played Mario's Time Machine, Mario is Missing is golden. I'm not so sure if you are talking the "main" titles, Midna, or absolutely any Mario game. So I'll give two answers here.

As for any Mario game, Mario's Time Machine takes the cake, with Mario is Missing dragging by its heels.

For the main stream titles, like 1, 2, 3, World, etc., I would have to say the Japanese Super Mario 2, or the "Lost Levels" as it came to be known here in America and Europe. Its an alright game, but it is quite challenging and I never play it unless I'm playing specifically for the challenge. Its not really fun in my opinion. I would compare it to trying to get a 3000 point achievement (doesn't exist), on a Xbox 360 game. You don't really have fun trying to do it, but you just want to do it to say you did.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
^ Hey! I absolutely LOVEd Mario is Missing. Although the version I played was for computer, so I don't know if it was any different.
But my least favourite Mario game is (defends self) either Super Mario RPG or Super Mario World: Yoshi's Island. I was never able to get into them and found them to be really boring.
YI might have been alright, but I kept hearing so much praise about it, that when I played it, it didn't live up to my expectations (maybe like TP to some people) so it kinda of turned me off from it.
With SMRPG, though, it's weird. I mean, I like Mario, and I like RPGs. I don't understand why I don't like the game. I just don't.

I am going to have to go with out of all Mario games that I have played to be Mario Kart: Double Dash or something like that, I don't know why I didn't like it, I just....didn't. It was no way near as good as Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart Wii and DS are a lot better as well. I know I am probably attacked for this but this is my opnion, Doesn't mean the game is bad it is just the worst I have played, I am sure if I played the much older games that I would find there are a lot worse games out there.

Don't get me wrong, Mario Kart: Double Dash was a fun game but I have only played out of all Mario games; Super Mario 64, Super Mario 64 DS, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart 64, Double Dash and Wii, Super Mario Land and New Super Mario Bros. So as most of you can see out of the games I have played it isn't bad but it is just the fact that the others were better.

M

:.:Mikki:.:

I really didn't like Super Princess Peach for the Nintendo DS.

Seriously, just playing with Peach's emotions. Wtf?!

K

kirbykid45

Hotel mario for the Cd-i. haven't played it but to what i hacve seen it stinks!

S

Silent Rain

Mario is missing and Yoshi's cookie. I played them and completely disliked them. But I love almost all the other Mario games I have played. I don't think the main series could ever disappoint!

A

Abyss Master

Luckily I've only played good Mario games. I don't really want to pick a 'least good' though.

DCMN

Hero of Internet
Main series wise, its either SMB2 or Sunshine, they're great games, but they just don't feel like Mario titles.
Otherwise, i'd say that Mario Party 8 was a pretty dire affair.

Of the main Mario games I will say that Super Mario Sunshine is probably the worst.
The whole game relayed on Mario's water super soaker, and on the platforming parts where Mario did not have his water gun thing they took away a lot of his jumping power which made the platforming parts really hard(not the fun kind of hard).

The games story was bad.
Now I know that Mario games are not big on stories, and I'm cool with that but in Super Mario Sunshine they did not even try to come up with a story for the game.

It's still a good game but of the main Mario games it's my least favorite.

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
Mario Pinball Land (known as Super Mario Ball here in Europe :/) was pretty bad. It's a pinball game starring Mario. It had pretty good graphics, considering it was for the GBA. But you had absolutely no control over Mario. Is this a bad thing for a pinball game? No. Is this a bad thing for a Mario game! YES! Because the story (there wasn't much, but yeah) would never ever end in my case. I could pass the first stage, but I could never get any further in the game. Because each and every time I wanted to send Mario somewhere, he'd go in the opposite direction!

Yes, fusing Mario and Pinball was not a good idea.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I believe it was called Mario and Yoshi for Gameboy. I cant explain it. All I remember is you controlled yoshi, and the only buttons you used were lft and right. You had position him so he would catch things on plates which he held in his hands. I paid £6 for that game when I was about 7. I was so disappointed I almost cried.

Possibly Yoshi's Universal Gravitation, Mario is Missing, Mario's Time Machine, Yoshi Touch & Go, or SMB2. I really don't want to bash Super Mario Sunshine, as it was my first game for GameCube which I got on December 25, 2002.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom