• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst LoZ Game You Say?

Ganon0075

Ganon, King of Douchness.
I have only played the main games so I am just going to pick from them.

I would have to say Phantom Hourglass.
It's a good game, a great one in fact, but it's not a great Zelda game.

My two main reasons being:
* Traveling the sea is boaring.
* Going though the Temple of The Ocean King over and over again is just bloody awful.

But that is just my opinion.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I dont really think spirit tracks was that bad personally, i actually may have enjoyed it more than PH. and from my perspective My least favorite is the original LoZ (i havent played AoL). It did have the classic feel of zelda, but i didnt really like how you barely have any direction of any sort in the game. plus i played it on my laptop

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
I really don't think there is a bad Zelda title out there. From the ones that I have played, I have my likes and dislikes with the series of course, but I have yet to deem a Zelda game so horrible to name it the "worst."

If anything, I think AoL is my least favourite thus far. I say this partly out of slight ignorance, since I did first try to tackle the game when I was very young, and due to the fact that the game overall was so difficult that I couldn't really get too far like I could in other Zelda games. I haven't touched it since then. :sweat: So perhaps my experience will be different a second time around?

Again, however, I still refuse to put a "worst" label on a Zelda game. They all have their merit in some shape and form.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I'm also a bit reluctant when it comes to labelling a Zelda game "worst", so I'll go with "least favourite" instead.
I think I'll exclude the CDi games here because yes, they are really bad, this is one of the few situations where I can safely tell that they suck without playing them, I watched through the whole video walkthrough here, and the numberless gameplay flaws are really extremely massive, I don't even know where to start...

Aside from that, out of the ones I've played, it's Wind Waker. While it still is a good game (I liked many things about it like the items, the storyline and the many silly moments), I really disliked the sailing, it was so annoyingly slow and boring and made the game artificially longer. Everything took ages. Oh and don't get me started on the Triforce quest and that stupid Forsaken Fortress. Plus it was way too easy, most enemies did just 1/4 heart damage and bosses usually only 1/2, there was no challenge at all. Even TP wasn't that forgiving.

But then again I also hear many complaints about the DS games, but I haven't played them yet.

in the CDi Games defence, they had pretty slick graphics, and the Cutscenes are humourus, I've heard the Gameplay is no good though, but ya'll get gannon banned for claiming they're bad without having played them. my least favourite Zelda game that I have played is probably Phantom Hourglass, I liked the Touch based aproach, and the massive focus on puzzles was also cool, but the tedious sailing and the temple of the ocean king ruined it for me

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
in the CDi Games defence, they had pretty slick graphics, and the Cutscenes are humourus, I've heard the Gameplay is no good though, but ya'll get gannon banned for claiming they're bad without having played them. (...)
While I admit that the graphics were pretty advanced for their time in the CDi games and the cutscenes are funny, I still don't think you must have played those titles to judge them. Besides, it's the gameplay that makes or breaks a game, good graphics, music and story are rather bonus elements (which I of course don't want to miss). Having not played them, of course I can't write a full review or something like that but come on, these games have too many flaws so I'll list only some:
- Enemies cheap-shooting you. If you run into one, you don't get knocked back and the following "invincibility time" is literally 0.01 seconds so you can easily die at full health by getting touched ONCE.
- Enemies that can't be reached by your sword, especially in the swamp level, because they're below you all the time
- Very poor graphical adaptation to obstacles/pits/platforms etc., you can barely see them, it's mainly guesswork
- Invisible ceiling at the top, making your jumps very short
- Missing logic: For example, as you ascend a tree, you first can see everything but somewhere further to the top(!) where it should be lighter, you'll suddenly need a lantern even though it's day outside. Or ropes: They disappear once you've used them to ascend somewhere, WTF? This makes no sense at all.
- More poor controls: Many things are assigned to the same button, sometimes when you enter a room and want to dig out the lantern by crouching, you'll leave through the door instead. So you have to move away from the door which you don't see, possibly falling into a nearby pit, great.
- With the only difficulty in the gaming coming from faulty controls as well as poor enemy and level design, the "epic" boss battles are ridiculously easy. Most of the time using a certain item once kills them, that's true even for Ganon.
I could go on here but I'm too lazy now. So even though I haven't played those "games", they can in no way be better than any other real Zelda game and therefore are the worst of the series.

the CD-I where bad. but in a good way, it's like a bad movie, it's funny how bad it is

not counting the CD-I games...... i'd say the first one, LoZ... to me it's the worst out of the good

Aside from the cd-i games, which we all know are terrible. I would have to see adventure of link is the worst just due to it being so unique compared to the others, and the extemely hard gameplay

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
CD-i games DO NOT COUNT, they were spin-offs. My vote goes to Twilight Princess. After playing through it many many times, I've come to understand how much the game doesn't compare to games like Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Spirit Tracks. It just had so many flaws... It's okay for a Zelda game to have flaws, but Twilight Princess had far too many of them. It had so much potential, but it's inability to tap into that potential, as well as it's excessive amount of flaws, make it the worst Zelda game in my book. Of course, despite all of this, Twilight Princess is still a good game. Because even the worst Zelda game is still a great video game.

zombiegamer723

The Hylian Zombie
Although I love all the Zelda games, Phantom Hourglass is easily the weakest.
I am one of the few people who will defend the sailing in The Wind Waker. For me, it exemplfies Rule #32: Enjoy the little things. I absolutely love all the little islands to discover and explore, each with their own little secrets. Even if you just sail in a random direction, there's always something to find.
However, with Phantom Hourglass, there is no more pointless sailing--you draw a line, and you go along that line, never straying from the path. Furthermore, there are FAR less little things to discover. A few islands here and there, and that's it.

Also, the Temple of the Ocean King. Yeah. No.

I mean, I still enjoyed it, but it was quite disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom