• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst kind of Trophies/Achievments

Do you tend to collect trophies?

• Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only the trophies that arn't to stressing

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • MUST HAVE THEM ALL!!!!!!!

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • What is a trophy?

• Sanic

• Total voters

octorok74

TETTAC
I love hunting achievements. That *bleep bloop* noise is awesome. The worst ones though are multiplayer achievements. Co-op is okay, but competitive stuff is the absolute worst. Screw randoms online, they all suck.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
I love hunting achievements. That *bleep bloop* noise is awesome. The worst ones though are multiplayer achievements. Co-op is okay, but competitive stuff is the absolute worst. Screw randoms online, they all suck.
I can agree with you. It can take so long and if you are competeing against a pro or suck at the certain online part. It can take forever. I had to try so many times just to win at zomboni and it controls like tanks.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I feel I should point out that progression achievements are usually done by companies that don't like achievements. Microsoft mandates that you have to have achievements in any game published to their systems. So developers that dislike the achievement system tend to simply divide up the game's allotted 1000 achievement points for the base game into points handed out at certain points in the game's story or for finishing major sidequests. I think there was one game that actually gave you all 1000 by the time you finished the prologue, but I can't remember what it was or find anything about it. Bethesda is a common example of a company that dislikes achievements that simply makes most of them into progression achievements. The non-progression achievements in Bethesda games tend to be very simple and easy to accomplish. Such as using a basic mechanic in the game like using Fallout 3's reverse pickpocking system to plant an active explosive on someone earning the "Psychotic Prankster" achievement. The second most common reason progression achievements tend to be used is as filler when they simply ran out of ideas for other achievements.

I want to also tag onto my "annoyed" list with bugged achievements that the developer never fixed. Rendering them unobtainable. One I can clearly remember is the achievement in the Dragon Age Origins DLC "The Darkspawn Chronicles" where you have to keep the first Ogre you get in your party with you for the entire campaign. And... it's very badly glitched. People have had a lot of trouble unlocking it despite fulfilling the conditions of the achievement. Although I shouldn't be surprised. BioWare has always been reluctant to patch bugs of any kind, often making excuses that it simply can't be done (they're lying). True, official bugfixes from BioWare is a rarity. Only real example I can think of is Mass Effect 3's restoration of a bugged bit of dialogue from two crew members that never triggered that was repaired in the Extended Cut DLC. The actual title update patches in the games do not really patch bugs. They're usually just tweaks to integrate new DLC into the game. In that same vein you should include any and all multiplayer achievements (seems to be a common complaint here) since the servers will inevitably be shut down rendering those achievements unobtainable.

octorok74

TETTAC
I can agree with you. It can take so long and if you are competeing against a pro or suck at the certain online part. It can take forever. I had to try so many times just to win at zomboni and it controls like tanks.

That's how come for most online achievements that I can't get with my group of friends I just go to trueachievements to find a session to join. It's easy and it's people willing to help you get the online ones. I highly recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom