• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst Job You Have Had?

Dan

So recently as you all know I've had a rather large absence on ZD (I haven't) the reason for this is I've been in the deep vast Kongo Jungle, I was researching bananas when suddenly a snake jumped out behind a barrel with the letters DK on them and bit me, bi-curiosity then went through my veins which leads me to ask a relevent question to all this, what was the worst Job you have had in your lifetime and why?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
<3

The worst job I've ever had was the one where I worked at Six ***s. Now let me tell you, the place treats its employees and the guests like trash. They have some weirdass attendence program shizzles, the management doesn't give a damn about the employees, and they treat the guests like complete idiots! It's funny. But it's also whatever. Bad jobs come and go!

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
the worst job i had was making bed springs. the company was cool, they took care of you, just 8 hours a day doing the same thing, you got this 2 ton spool of wire feeding into a machine that bends it into a bed spring, pull the spring and weld the two ends together by hitting a foot peddle. i literally lost that job cuz i was doing it in my sleep and they said it was too dangerous. I was meeting the quota who cares if my eyes were closed HAHA!

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
the worst job i ever had has to be working in an elementary school cafeteria... yikes.. I was the dishwasher pretty much and it sucked... so bad!! I only worked three hours a day for min wage which was 5.15 at the time. and i only got paid once a month! not to mention that my boss was so demanding and that she was old a menopausal.. and let me tell you that is one hell of an combination... yikes...

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I know the worst job instantly. The job itself wasn't bad, it was at another bar in town than where I work now. The crowd was nice, pay was good, and I got along with everyone really, was nice. Just didn't get along with the Boss. He was lazy and did nothing I could see, didn't give a **** about anything bar sitting in the office and drinking, but he was so sleazy too to the point I didn't even feel comfortable being alone in a room with him. He'd always just block the doorway and stuff and be talking to me, it was awful. Only lasted there for about 2 weeks and then just quit, I couldn't work under someone like that. I mentioned it to some of people working there and they were so dismissive about it but no, I thought it was disgusting. My boyfriend wanted to go knock him out.

Got a bit of revenge though when he came into where I work now with some friends one night. I was very professional and polite, naturally, but he went straight back how I knew him, making comments which I didn't like and wouldn't stop and wouldn't just leave me alone and let me work, so I had him thrown out by our Bouncer. Wasn't sure how that'd go down and I spoke to my current Boss about it, since we can't just have people thrown out for nothing, who just was so nice and said it was okay and I should go get him if that guy comes in again. Though he hasn't dared to come back in so far, at least when I've been there.

So that's the only real bad job I've had. I've had jobs that were a lot of hard work and not much fun but that one takes the cake.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
My latest job was a job at A&W. My boss was a complete ***hole, and treated me like crap. He loved the other employees, but he hated me. So I quit. Unfortunately, now, I am having serious trouble finding another job.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I've only had one proper job, but it sucked.

It was at a gastropub, which basically means you are a slave, serving drinks and food to people. I wouldn't have minded if it wasn't for:

-The clientele were perverted
-I was expected to tolerate their continual remarks about my breasts, legs and bum. Not to mention one guy actually grabbed me, grabbed my arse, tried to kiss me, and when I shoved him off me he complained that I was rude to my manager (he got kicked out but still £6.50 an hour is not enough money for that ****)
-When I complained my manager told me it was a) my fault for basically being a girl and b) I just had to learn to live with it
-The hours were bad. I would do 12 hour shifts, on my feet for 11 and a half of those hours, finish at 2am and not get home til 3:30am only to have work again at 9am. Basically, I was a zombie
-Due to being a zombie, I was told I didn't show enough enthusiasm for being slave driven
-I was working like 6 or even 7 days a week, covering other people's shifts and everything, but that wasn't good enough for them
- One of the managers had a habit of losing his temper. He was nasty to everyone, and the day he snapped at me I snapped right back, he then marched into the kitchen and kicked a crate across the floor into the fridge, leaving a dent in the door, and the next day he had a go at the kitchen staff for denting the door
-In addition to these problems, there were the occupational hazards of smelling like beer, spilling stuff down myself all the time, my feet and back aching, burning my hands, dealing with ******* customers and generally being a skivvy to everyone else.
-Then I got sacked for a lack of enthusiasm! Ohhh I wonder why!

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
While I didn't work there for very long, McDonalds. Just because it was McDonalds really, it was just gross. I did get a job at Burger King shortly after I heard they were hiring, and while it may have not been a huge improvement, it was definitely much more bearable than McDonalds was.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
My first and last time working at a grocery store. I don't know what it's like other places, but here it seems the big chains are all about exploiting their employees.

I was 19 when I got the job, it was just an every other weekend thing with the option of extra shifts if they needed me. I read through the work pamphlet which told me that if I worked over 12 hours any week I was entitled extra pay for evening and weekend hours, so when it came time to turn in my work hours I naturally added those extras because I had been given an extra shift which brought me to over 12 hours one of the weeks.

Then when my payslip arrived I noticed none of the extras was on it, so I had a chat with my boss about it who told me that he had a different system for schoolkids and regular employees (complete BS, of course, but something a kid my age wouldn't be likely to question due to lack of experience) where he would not award extras to schoolkids because they could say no to any shift they didn't want no questions asked, while his regular employees couldn't. I reminded him that I wasn't a school kid, so he said he would group me with the regular employees - but of course it would not affect the hours I had already worked. After that it seemed he was on a vendetta against me because he would suddenly call me and demand for me to show up right away (despite me having worked the night at another job, still being in bed, and living on the other side of town...), inconveniencing me as much as he could while still keeping me under 12 hours a week.

The plan was to work there for a year, but after 8 months I called it quits and I never looked back. Now I know enough about how the working world functions so that none of my nieces, nephews or future kids will ever be tricked and exploited that way again.

Claire

The Geekette
I had a 3 hour job at Burger King. It was terrible. The reason it only lasted 3 hours was because after my mandatory 3 hour training, I was scheduled for hours I told the supervisor that I could not work because I had class. I had filled out my schedule twice, yet she still put me on the schedule for times that required me to be in class. I'm not paying thousands of dollars to skip class and get paid $7.25 an hour. I always swore I'd never work fast food, but I gave into the practically guaranteed employment. There will not be a next time for the fast food industry.

Dan

I've only had one proper job, but it sucked.

It was at a gastropub, which basically means you are a slave, serving drinks and food to people. I wouldn't have minded if it wasn't for:

-The clientele were perverted
-I was expected to tolerate their continual remarks about my breasts, legs and bum. Not to mention one guy actually grabbed me, grabbed my arse, tried to kiss me, and when I shoved him off me he complained that I was rude to my manager (he got kicked out but still £6.50 an hour is not enough money for that ****)
-When I complained my manager told me it was a) my fault for basically being a girl and b) I just had to learn to live with it
-The hours were bad. I would do 12 hour shifts, on my feet for 11 and a half of those hours, finish at 2am and not get home til 3:30am only to have work again at 9am. Basically, I was a zombie
-Due to being a zombie, I was told I didn't show enough enthusiasm for being slave driven
-I was working like 6 or even 7 days a week, covering other people's shifts and everything, but that wasn't good enough for them
- One of the managers had a habit of losing his temper. He was nasty to everyone, and the day he snapped at me I snapped right back, he then marched into the kitchen and kicked a crate across the floor into the fridge, leaving a dent in the door, and the next day he had a go at the kitchen staff for denting the door
-In addition to these problems, there were the occupational hazards of smelling like beer, spilling stuff down myself all the time, my feet and back aching, burning my hands, dealing with ******* customers and generally being a skivvy to everyone else.
-Then I got sacked for a lack of enthusiasm! Ohhh I wonder why!

Ouch I seriously hate seeing people work in these 12 hour jobs, it's just way too much. I think that's a shift I'd always avoid and only go for it if it was something my life depended on. :I

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I don't have a job that I did not like, therefore I don't consider any of them as being worst than the others. A job is just a job to me; you get paid to do something, so if you can do it, just do it. ;)

Zorth

#Scoundrel
It's a tie between two jobs for me, since they are atrocious for so different reasons.

First one would be working as a removal guy, what we did the entire day (6-8 hrs) would be to help move out furniture and basically anything else really heavy from apartments and houses. Since most of the calls came in from apartment owners who lived on the top floor who had a really small elevator that didn't work half of the time I think you can start to understand why this sucked so hard. Lifting heavy objects down an endless flight of stairs countless of times, so this job sucked purely for the physical effort it took. At least I had decent pay though, my tutor/boss was a nice guy and time passed by really quickly.

The other job that was terrible was working as a cleaner/janitor at a luxury hotel & restaurant, so my job mainly consisted of picking weeds and just sweeping a lot to make it look nice. This was a really chill job if casually looked at, it required almost no effort at all, my boss and my mom have known each other forever so she was really nice to me and I even got to take a break and have a drink whenever I wanted. But to be honest that was one of the worst experiences ever, when you are out there picking weeds, sweeping a street that is going to be dirty the next day and just these other pointless jobs it kind of gets to you, psychologically. Time passed by really slow, I saw almost to no difference overall in the work I was doing, and money was no motivation since the pay wasn't that great and worst of all I had to wake up really early every morning to catch the only bus that took that route, since my mum refused to drive me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom