• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst Injury

NES

Awesome
High level competitive figure skating = scary injuries. :(

Yeah. The two worst injuries I've ever had were breaking my back, destroying a major ligament in my knee, and breaking my ankle... X_X I broke my back tripping during an axle that was too close to the wall anyway, so I completely smashed into it backwards and cracked myself downwards. For the knee and ankle injuries, which happened at the same time, I was doing a camel spin and randomly crashed onto my leg. I've had a fair share of concussions, too. Not fun.

I have a quite a few battle scars from skating. If you didn't know, injuries you get from ice contact are much weirder that things that aren't frozen and end up leaving a weird mark. I've got tons of these, haha.

N

NI Jakey

Probably when I scarred my tongue when I was 3. I was rocking on my pushchair and I fell forward and my teeth went into my tongue. Not good times. :(

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
When I was two or three, I nearly sliced off a part of my finger with a knife. From what I was told later in life, my parents had brought me to a friend's house, I wandered into the kitchen while the adults were talking, must have seen a knife that piqued my interest, and promptly dug it into my flesh since there were no adults around to stop me. Not that big an injury, but it's the only one I've ever had that left a permanent scar.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I burned myself pretty good once. I was cooking with some oil and all of a sudden the pot started smoking. For whatever reason, which I could never figure out, I decided to pick it up. Instantly realizing this was a stupid mistake. But it was too late. Boiling hot oil spilled over my left hand. Luckily though, I live only a block from the hospital. So I got in there fast.

I took pictures of the treatments. I have it on my Facebook account in this album (Public link, no account required). It's kinda graphic so don't look if you have a weak stomach.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Believe it or not I've never been injured, NEVER! and I've been Biking, Boxing, wrestling, playing soccer and baseball for as long as I can remeber and nothing ever happens to me. I think the worst was one day I was walking and a friend jumped into my back and I wasnt expecting it(I was freaking looking at the floor) and my knee hit the cement floof which bruised it really bad, I had a Barney knee lol.

Din Akera

Sniper
Ripping the muscles off the back of my skull was probably the worst. Though it was the least painful because I had nerve damage. Short form of the story is that I was sitting on a broken chair and the back legs were not screwed in so when I leaned back on the chair they buckled and I smashed the back of my head into a metal filing cabnit that was behind me. I blacked out and apparently convulsed (I was told this later by people who saw) And when i woke up I couldn't move my head because the muscles weren't there.

Yeah that is probably the top one. Though I have many to tell. lol I am a bit of a clutz.

I had to go through surgery twice on the same year, if that counts. I had a cist on my left ear the first time in the fourth grade. The doctor who did the surgery did a horrible job with the stitches and two busted. At least he got the cist out... for only two years. In the sixth grade, the cist came back. This time, I had a new doctor, who knew more than the first. None of the stitches busted, and the cist has been gone. The only evidence of the surgery now is that I am missing a piece of cartilage in my left ear and everytime I where my glasses, they're crooked on my face. He also said that the way the first doctor did the surgery gave the cist a 40% chance of coming back. It did. How he did the surgery gave the cist a 5% chance of coming back, so I don't think this will happen again.

P

pahurtgen

Umm...I fell off the monkey bars? I actually still have the scar from that one. It tore a gash halfway across my leg. The injury that I remember the most, however, is falling down the hardwood stairs going down to our basement, and landed on the concrete floor. I got up from that one saying I was okay, but after a minute, I started throwing up...Rough night.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
My worst injury is when I was bike riding. There was this little bird that just randomly landed right in front of my path. I pulled the the brakes way too fast and the back of the bike went up. I flew off the bike and landed on my hands and knees and then kind of slid across the pavement. The bike fell over on my legs. I was scratched up and bruised. I was cut up too. I screamed out at the bird, "Suicide Bird!" It flew off then. My dad and brother were way ahead of me and didn't see anything. Lol. There were people the were walking behind me. They just turned around a laughed. God, it hurt so much. I had to walk the rest of the way back to my dad's car. I was afraid to get back on the bike that day. That was my worst injury. It is kind of funny though now that I think about it. Lol.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I'm practically a pain magnet from skidding into walls, getting objects in my eye and school sporting injuries.

However, my worst injury is probably a toss-up between the time I was chopping onions at school and took a chunk out of my finger, thankfully it didn't leave a scar but boy did it bleed for ages. Who would have thought that a primary school which had a nursery with nails would be so dangerous during a cooking lesson which was actually monitored?
Either way, that's in a toss-up with my latest injury with a far less interesting subject. Yes, i'm someone who actually took a good ol' chunk of their leg out with a razor by accident. And when I say a good chunk I mean, it could pass of a cheese grater injury. It wasn't the best thing to happen, not after i'd injured my other foot by whacking it back into the metal step of my bed and taking a chunk out of that too.

Ah, recent injuries from a week ago.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
I remember when I was 10 or 11 I hit my toe really hard on a lawn chair. The entire toe and some of the foot was purple, green, and yellow with bruises. I even chipped the nail pretty badly. I couldn't put any weight on it and it really hurt for me to put socks and shoes on. Not to mention a little hard. It was swollen.
I've never been knocked unconscious before; but I have almost passed out. But I don't want to share why. It's sort of gross. I haven't broken any bones either. What I would really hate is to have my ear stabbed far down enough that it would make me go deaf in that ear,

I was injury prone for a long time. I've sprained my left wrist and right ankle numerous times. Seemed like all the time I was on crutches or something. It's been several years since I've done my ankle last, but there are times when I still think it looks a little swollen at times - never fully recovered. Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom