• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst Game to Play First in a Franchise

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Do NOT even consider the sole fact of playing Dragon Age II before Dragon Age Origins. You'll regret it and most likely it will turn you away from the real Dragon Age experience.

Don't play any of the 3D Sonic Games between 2006 and 2009. Colors and Generations are good, but whatever was in between is just passable.

Don't let Final Fantasy 10, 11, 12 and 13 be your first FF experiences.

Mass Effect 3

There are so many different paths your game can go depending on the choices you made in the first two games, you really miss out on a lot, especially the emotional attachment to your choices and the characters in your game. You can get away with starting with the third game and will still love it, but playing the games in order is like no other experience in gaming. Plus, it's cool to see the different combat systems in each game and how it has evolved. I still prefer the first game's action.

Also, I would disagree with Resident Evil 2. It was the first game I played in the series when it first came out, and I loved it. I went back to Resident Evil 1 and I just couldn't get into it. And Resident Evil 3 I didn't like as much either. So I'm glad I started with RE2.

Majora

The Hero Slayer
I hope nobody ever makes Metroid Prime Hunters their first Metroid Prime experience. That would just not be good.

Pokemon Black and White

These have better graphics, gameplay, and things that make earlier games seem a little less fun(which is a shame, considering Ruby is one of my favorite games ever).

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Super Metroid. It really pays to play Metroid 2: Return of Samus before that just because Super Metroid practically revolves around the ending of Metroid 2.

Also don't start with Metroid: Other M unless you want to consider giving up on the Metroid Franchise or you really have no clue about Metroid games. It's got good fighting but a the story painted Samus as a whiner and you might get the wrong impression from that.

The first Metroid game for the NES may not be the opening welcome to any new fans. When I first played it at my friends house, I found Samus hard to control and had a hard time trying to shoot enemies that crawl on the ceiling and floor. I died in a few short minutes and nearly lost interest in the Metroid franchise. Not to mention that the original Metroid doesn't really have map system or a save system, which could lead to utter confusion of where to go or mindless write passwords to continue the game.

Norm

God-King of Teh Intarwebz
Clearly in ur tube, blockin ur internets.
For me, it was Phantom Hourglass. I didn't realize it then, but there ere more Zelda games than it, and it woulda bugged the heck out of me to know who the ominous king was had I known about the rest of the series.

-Kingdom Hearts Chain of memories
-Final Fantasy XII
-Super Mario Bros 2 & Zelda II (They are both great games,but you might get the wrong idea about the serie in general)
-Donkey Kong Country 3(its a good game but...)
-Megaman 7

honestly i gotta say skyward sword i personally enjoyed the game to some extent despite its flaws but i really dont think anyone who is new to the zelda series would enjoy this game very much

MW7

I'll say Majora's Mask because the time limit would give you a wrong first impression of the series. I could see the time limit being pretty daunting for a new player. You'll figure things out, but the game is clearly designed to be familiar to people who've played Ocarina of Time.

I

iNayru

Do not play Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir before the rest of the Fatal Frame games.

Actually, just don't play it at all. It's a major disappointment.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess

Super Mario - Sunshine

StarFox - Adventures

F-Zero - The Original

Metroid - The Original

Pikmin - Pikmin 1

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
don't worry,if you stick w/ it,you'll eventually get it no matter where you are [i started off w/ MGS4 :S]
here's the timeline:MGS3,MGS Portable Ops,MGS Peace Walker,MG,MG2,MGS1,MGS2,MGS4

It's honestly best to go in order of release. MGS 4 references all the other games so much that it makes it really special once you've played all the others first. Honestly I think MGS 4 is the worst place to start. Everything else just builds up to that great finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom