• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst Case Scenarios for the Mario and Zelda Series

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I guess it could go like:

Mario: A game where you can't jump. Now that I think about it, Luigi's Mansion was like that, and I liked it. :lol: They've tried so many things with Mario that I'm convinced they'll find a way to make anything work.

Zelda: Maybe the CD-i games? No, Nintendo themselves found another way to ruin Zelda (well, in my opinion, that is): Link's Crossbow Training.

Last edited:

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Worst case scenario?

The Legend of Zelda... IIIIIIN SPAAAAAAACE!

First person shooter. You are L.I.N.K., a sentient computer program hard light hologram. Which you won't find out until the big twist about 80% into the game. Which will be after six hours, because you shoot your way through a couple of short, linear levels full of killer robots, trying to save the girl that programmed you, Cell-Da. Oh, and you have a Master bazooka. And boomerang grenades. And a soundtrack by 50 Cent. And no, he's not allowed to sample anything by Koji Kondo.

Worst case scenario for Mario? A game based on the Bob Hoskins film.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I was not a fan of paper-Mario, it annoyed the crap out of me, so for me that's a potential "worst case scenario" as for Zelda, I'd have to go with either horrible voice-acting of first-person shooter (I absolutely HATE first-person gaming and I am appalled that my other favorite game series, Fable, is actually going that direction with their new game :S)

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
I was not a fan of paper-Mario, it annoyed the crap out of me, so for me that's a potential "worst case scenario"

Paper Mario is one of my favorite games of all time.

Anyway, for Zelda, maybe a game that takes place in current time, with cities and cars, stuff like that. It would just ruin the charm for me.

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
For Zelda the worst case scenario is.... (drums) Twilight Princess... No really, I hated this game
As for Mario... I don't know, mario has plenty of BAD educational games so that would be xD

zelda worst case scenario-voice acting.
mario worst case scenario-the game sucks already, it can't get worse for me.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Zelda--Really bad voice acting, along with poor translation, would be horrible. "All your Triforce are belong to us."

Mario--a game where they actually make Mario look like a real human in HD graphics (given the Wii U's capabilities, I'm afraid this could happen). Mario's always had the large head, round belly, and the cartoony look. If Nintendo tried to make him look as realistic as possible, that would be terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom