• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Worst area in the game?

I want to know if there's an agreed upon worst area in the game and why you feel that way.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
For me personally, I'd probably say Death Mountain. It looks nice from a distance, but isn't very interesting to explore. The Gorons also have their most bland (blandest?) characterization in BotW, so even they don't make an already boring place more enjoyable to be in.

The Lost Woods and it's surrounding moat. Impossible to explore the whole thing, probably some chests there I haven't been able to reach for lack of an obvious path.

I'd agree, my biggest beef is the frame rate drop. Every other area manages to process just fine, but I've found that the frame rate slowdown in Korok Forest is universal.

Hebra to me is the worst area in the game. Its a bit to big and you can't see very well in the region. It isnt very interesting as other areas and a bit hard to traverse. Its looks amazing with the sun out out but its pretty rare in Hebra to be sunny all the time. I did really like it at first but now its my least favorite region in BOTW. I hope they do more with it in BOTW II.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I may catch flack for this but I didn't care for the Akkala region. Sure, the red leaves gave it a nice autumnal vibe but there was absolutely nothing to be discovered there. Most of the region was taken up by those woods with the Ancient Guardians and it was just overall dull. It doesn't help that I rarely used to the Tech Lab and most of my memories from that region is annoyingly flying down to Talley Town.

I'm not a big fan of Hebra, like others have said, and Death Mountain is a bit of a one note area for my tastes. I like volcanoes, but there wasn't enough variety for me to really enjoy the area that much. Faron is annoying to navigate because of the terrible water mechanics, but the visual more than makes up for it. I think Death Mountain takes the cake for me though. I don't like Breath of the Wild's Gorons very much, particularly when compared to the Zora a couple regions over, the Divine Beast there is my least favorite, and there just isn't as much fun stuff to do there. Hebra would be worse, except I love shield surfing, and Hebra's great for it.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I agree with Gerudo Highlands. I enjoy the Hebra region more than most because it reminds me of snowshoeing back home, but the Gerudo Highlands are rather dull.

The other one is Death Mountain, which is really disappointing for me as the one area in the game you can see from pretty much anywhere. The lava makes exploring the area rather annoying, and when you do get the chance to explore you kinda realize everything looks the same and there isn't a ton to do. It's just not as interesting as it should be for such a major landmark in the world.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Gerudo Highlands and Hebra are both weak. The Highlands there is pretty much nothing. Hebra... there is some stuff, but it's so much bigger.

Missed opportunity to have Hebra Village and have the Anouki in the game. Then have a smaller settlement in Gerudo Highlands as well.

Lake region is also kind of lame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom