• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Worried About MM3D Now

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Whatever game freak is doing with Pokémon at the moment (I AM PUMPED FOR THE REMAKES) it won't have any effect on future Zelda titles or remakes.

That being said, I don't get how anyone can doubt the fact of a MM remake coming in the future. There have been far too many references and hints toward it by Nintendo and Aonuma that if they didn't release a MM remake, everyone would probably kill them.

It was this interview that did it for me http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2014/01/nintendo-continues-to-tease-about-majoras-mask-3d/

Shikata says that the Majora's Mask references in ALBW were specifically requested by Aonuma's production team and then flat out asks the obvious rhetorical question: "Now why would they ask us to do that?"

I have a feeling Shikata isn't dumb enough to be asking that question seriously. There's only two reasons that they would specifically request references to such an obscure unrelated Zelda title in ALBW:
1. A Majora's Mask Remake is on the way
2. Aonuma wants to make us think a remake is on the way and watch us squirm and cry when it doesn't come

The first reason makes more sense to me

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Ehhh... honestly, I don't mind all that much if we don't get MM3D, or whatever, at the moment. I'd honestly prefer it if Nintendo gave the remakes a rest for a bit and focused on getting ZeldaWiiU out (The WiiU kinda needs it,tbh). As much as I love MM, we just got a remake of WW. I don't just want remake after remake. Besides, MM is still around on Virtual Console, the N64 cartridges still available in hobby shops and ebay, and heck, even free on emulators. I say relax. The game won't cease to exist if it doesn't receive a remake right this second.

Wind Waker HD didn't sell that well. It still hasn't reached 1m yet. Consider that the original Wind Waker sold better than Majora's Mask and you can see why MM3DS doesn't look profitable to Nintendo.

Not necessarily. A Majora's Mask remake would almost certainly follow the mold of Ocarina of Time 3D, for much the same reasons that MM followed the mold of OoT in the first place. The engine and many character models are all there from OoT3D. It would almost certainly be cheaper to do the game on 3DS than some future console because they've developed all this for the hardware already.

Also, Wind Waker HD's sales figures are not a great benchmark, since we're talking different systems. Even so, nearly a million units sold is not bad on a system that's only sold six million consoles. If MM3D sold the same percentage on 3DS, it would move 6.4 million copies or so. I doubt it will do that well, but there's no reason to suggest it wouldn't turn a profit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom