• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

World of Warcraft

Linky

King of Twilight
Is there anyone out there who used to play this game or still plays it, and if you did play it did it mess up your life so you quit or were you not that hardcore. And also if you did play it what server and character did you play on.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I played it once, but I didn't really like playing with other people because most of them were stupid and inarticulate. I pretty much quested my way to 80, and then quit. It was mostly a test of my endurance, rather than because I enjoyed the game.

I did make one or two friends, one of whom would talk to me all the time, and rescued me a couple of times when I got into trouble. I was an undead mage named Altea on Blackhand. It was a very funny dynamic... I was running around relying on arcane magic to blast my enemies, and largely managing solo. Whenever I found myself in a tight spot, my Death Knight friend would rescue me. He always insisted on running me through instances, which usually got me armor/weapons that were better than anything I'd find normally for the next 20 levels or so.

Let's just say that playing the game that way, I ended up having to think up some interesting strategies in Outlands in order to compensate for my lack of a group. That was probably the hardest part of the game.

My fondest memory of the game is probably when I was questing in Tanaris Desert and had to kill several enemies. I ended up playing the Gerudo Valley music while I was there in order to indulge in some OoT nostalgia. Another favorite is riding around the world on horseback and into Alliance areas to get the World Explorer achievement right before I quit. It was very freeing to just wander through the areas with no worries and no goals.

Last edited:

Linky

King of Twilight
I had one really good friend but I treated him pretty bad... we had some great times but we would always get in fights and he ended up moving to Blackhand his name was Aloric but not sure what his name was on his new realm

Anubis

The most inactive active
I dont got the game....but I do wish for it as a birth day gift.. :P I played a death knight with one of my friends but I dont remember the servers name, but it was a RP server. :)

P

paulpeter

I have played this game once time.I like it.I ended up having to think up some interesting strategies in Outlands in order to compensate for my lack of a group.That was probably the hardest part of the game.

Kazumi

chagy
Well, I used to play World of Warcraft. I don't anymore however, because it got really boring. I had a pretty average run to 80, but it took me a long time, as I didn't play that much. I believe my character was Pipiplup on Gul'dan or something like that. It was an okay game, but it got stale really fast. I met some nice people in my guild, and we did stuff.. But for the most part, everyone was an idiot.

I don't really plan to play again anytime soon (I stopped paying), but you never know with the new expansion pack on the horizon..

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I played for a bit, but it got boring. I think I made it to level 39 or something. haha
I'd probably eventually play it again, but it would only be for about a month before I grew tired of it again.

jugglaj91

I am me....
I have been playing the game for about 2 years off and on. Going on about 6 months months or so steady now, though it is all just a gear grind at 80. I have a Paladin - Juggaloracer, a Warrior - Gannann, both 80, and a few alts laying around i play on from time to time. I play on Bladefist Alliance side if anyone who does play wants to hit me up I am usually willing to help with anything I can.

WoW did mess up my life once but I was in a bad personal relationship so it was my escape. Now that I have moved on from that I play for the fun of a game. I figure $15 a month beats my addiction to want to buy a new DS or Wii game every other week which range from 20-50 usually so in a way I save money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom