• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

World Cup Prediction Game

I want to forget that the Brazil/Germany game happened. Brazil played well until now and it's absurd to think they would be slaughtered by such a wide margin. Terrible way for the home team to go out.

My prediction for tomorrow's game is Argentina 2-1 Netherlands.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I want to forget that the Brazil/Germany game happened. Brazil played well until now and it's absurd to think they would be slaughtered by such a wide margin. Terrible way for the home team to go out.

My prediction for tomorrow's game is Argentina 2-1 Netherlands.

No, I thought they struggled pretty badly. Surprised they even made it to the semis. Their group stage was expected to be unchallenged. Mexico & Croatia were decent teams and yet still Brazil needed a free penalty and some harsh refereeing against the opponents to win Croatia and not loose to Mexico. In the knockout stage they had to win on penalties against Chile, the Colombians should have really knocked them out in the quarter finals yet somehow they failed to do that. You can see pretty clearly how cheeky & sleazy Brazil were playing tonight's game too. The entire game they were diving in Neuer's box and looking for penalties. :lol:

But I shouldn't be too harsh on the team itself, it is the manager that is pretty stupid. He has Kaka, Robinho, Ronaldinho, Pato... and some more players that are so much better than the guys who were out tonight.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Haha, damn. Poor Brazil. I feel sorry for them for being the host nation and losing at home, but a game is a game. That's all I'm gonna say. Sorry I was a little late; what with my birthday coming up, I have been busy helping with some stuff for the celebration.

Anyway, that must have been a great game to see. Sure, perhaps it got uninteresting after the 4-0 margin, lol, but still a good game, I guess. Too bad I missed it.

Alright, well here are the updated leaderboards and tomorrow's game. Make your predictions before 11 AM USCT tomorrow.

Regular Leaderboard

1. Vee 56 Pts
2. Justac00lguy 51 Pts
3. Gobli 50 Pts
4. ALIT 41 Pts
5. dcgc28 27 Pts
5. Jedizora 27 Pts
6. Atticus 21 Pts
7. Fig 13 pts
8. Dimoosky 12 Pts
9. Terminus 4 Pts

Bonus Points Leaderboard

1. Justac00lguy 45 Pts
2. Gobli 40 Pts
3. Jedizora 20 pts

Hey, Vee. Two games to go. You think you can hold on to that lead, sweetie? lol I'm going for broke now. :P

Tomorrow's game:

Holland Vs Argentina

Gobli's Picks

Holland 2-0 Argentina
Players: Robben, Sneijder, Van Persie
Goals: 20th-30th, 30th-40th, 70th-80th

A Link In Time's Pick

Argentina 2-1 Netherlands

Jedizora's Picks

Holland 3-2 Argentina
Players: Dirk Kuyt, Robin van Persie, Lionel Messi
Goals: 20th-30th, 30th-40th, 40th-50th

Vee's Picks

Argentina vs Holland 2-3

Justac00lguy's Picks

Argentina 2-1 Holland
Scorers: Messi, Di Maria, Robben
Times: 10-20, 20-30, 60-70

Last edited by a moderator:

Jedizora

:right:
Fun fact: Thanks to today's game, Germany managed to take the record for scoring the most goals at all world cups, beating out Brazil. Today isn't Brazil's day, apparently.

Holland 3-2 Argentina

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Fun fact: Thanks to today's game, Germany managed to take the record for scoring the most goals at all world cups, beating out Brazil. Today isn't Brazil's day, apparently.

Holland 3-2 Argentina

Records fall sooner or later. Today was a big day for Germany. I was surprised they lost by so many goals. If I were a coach and my team goes down 3-0, I'd throw everyone back to defend at least to make the goal rain stop.

Btw, I said this earlier: Hey, Vee. Two games to go. You think you can hold on to that lead, sweetie? lol I'm going for broke now.

But it is actually three games still counting tomorrow's, the battle for 3rd place, and the final.

So allow me to say this again:

Hey, Vee. Three games to go. You think you can hold on to that lead, sweetie? lol I'm going for broke now.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Well if the bonus scores are added to the leading boards it is a lost game for me already. So why worry about that lead? :P

Did Brazil get kicked or what?????????????????????? They didn't play that well so far but this..... woow! o_O

Argentina vs Holland 2-3 I'm a holland supporter so yeah my country rocks for me :P

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Well if the bonus scores are added to the leading boards it is a lost game for me already. So why worry about that lead? :P

Did Brazil get kicked or what?????????????????????? They didn't play that well so far but this..... woow! o_O

Argentina vs Holland 2-3 I'm a holland supporter so yeah my country rocks for me :P

There will be two main winners, Vee. The regular one, which will take out from the normal leaderboard, and then the other champ with the bonus points added. I'm trailing in both boards, so I better get some good points. And yes, poor Brazil. They got beaten badly. The players crying made me feel somewhat sad for them. But that's how everyone feels when their team loses and gets eliminated.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
What a shocker for Brazil, I was naive to think they'd win. As soon as the game kicked off I knew something was wrong, it was alright going for broke when you're playing against inexperienced world cup teams like Chile and Colombia (both great teams but inexperienced nonetheless); however you're playing against a German tactical machine. It should have been more, sad really.

---

Argentina 2-1 Holland (playing it safe, Holland are either hot or cold)
Scorers: Messi, Di Maria, Robben
Times: 10-20, 20-30, 60-70

What a contrast between the two semis.

Final: Argentina 3-2 Germany
Third Place: Brazil 2-1 Holland

It'll be a very evenly matched final and there is pride on the line in the battle for third place. It's been an unpredictable World Cup and I look forward to its conclusion.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh shoot I forgot Holland Brazil. Going to be tough because I expect a revanche. Brazil wants to make up for the loss against Germany.
Gobski-Chan add this too :P
Brazil vs Holland will be 4-2. I do expect a revenge

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
If it went to penalties it was a good game, and well, in penalties either team could have moved on. This time it was Argentina that moved on. Sorry for your country's loss, Vee. But cheer up, there is always next time, like I say. :yes:

Well, I can't believe we're down to the final two games. The battle for 3rd and the grand final.

It's been a great journey; too bad not all that have predicted followed this throughout like the top leaders did. It would have been a great race for the finish.

Anyway, post your predictions before Saturday noon. Some of you already did, so I will take care of adding your predictions soon enough. Now, here are the updated leaderboards. Nothing much changed, just that ALIT and Justac00lguy earned a point each.

Regular Leaderboard

1. Vee 56 Pts
2. Justac00lguy 52 Pts
3. Gobli 50 Pts
4. ALIT 42 Pts
5. dcgc28 27 Pts
5. Jedizora 27 Pts
6. Atticus 21 Pts
7. Fig 13 pts
8. Dimoosky 12 Pts
9. Terminus 4 Pts

Bonus Points Leaderboard

1. Justac00lguy 45 Pts
2. Gobli 40 Pts
3. Jedizora 20 pts

The games: Brazil Vs Holland, and the grand final between Germany and Argentina.

For all the marbles, here are my picks

Gobli's Picks

Holland 2-1 Brazil
Players: Robben, Van Persie, Hulk
Goals: 10-20th, 40-50th, 80-90th (additional time counts as 90, so if a goal is scored during the added time, 90th minute will count)

Germany 2-1 Argentina
Players: Muller, Klose, Messi
Goals: 30-40th, 60-70th, 80-90th

Vee's Picks

Brazil vs Holland 4-2
Germany vs Argentina 2-1

A Link In Time's Picks

Brazil 2-1 Holland
Argentina 3-2 Germany

Justac00lguy's Picks

Brazil 1-3 Holland
Scorers: Oscar, Robben, Van Persie
Times: 20-30, 50-60, 60-70

Argentina 2-2 Germany (Argentina win on pens)
Scorers: Messi, Muller, Ozil
Times: 20-30, 50-60, 70-80

Jedizora's Picks

Holland 2-1 Brazil
Players: Hulk, Dirk Kuyt, Robin van Persie
Goals: 30th-40th, 40th-50th, 50th-60th

Germany 3-0 Argentina
Players: Toni Kroos, André Schürrle, Miroslav Klose
Goals: 40th-50th, 60th-70th, 70th-80th

Last edited by a moderator:

Jedizora

:right: