• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

World Cup Prediction Game

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
We need to catch Vee guys ;p

USA 1-3 Germany
Portugal 1-0 Ghana
South Korea 0-1 Belgium
Algeria 1-1 Russia

Also Gobli, you should do a bonus points thing for the semi final/final

Yes, she's getting away from us. :P

I'll do a bonus points when the Round of 16 begins. To give those of you who are down in points a chance to catch up, I think if you guess the scores right it will be double points. And, I might add other bonuses for you to get, but you'll see about those whenever I post the first match of the round of 16 on Friday. The first match will be on Saturday, btw, but I will post it Friday so peeps have more time to submit their predictions.

Jedizora

:right:
With any luck, both US and Germany will both realize they both only need a tie to advance, and will sit around the whole match doing nothing.

USA Vs Germany (1-3)

Portugal Vs Ghana (1-2)

South Korea Vs Belgium (0-2)

Algeria Vs Russia (0-1)

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Woot! What a day! Good games, and good points for us too. :cool: Dang, Justac00lguy, ten points today! Not bad. Good predicting. :yes: And I am actually happy to be still in the hunt. :P Vee only leads you and I by three points. She's pretty much catchable still. But beware, peeps, now comes the phase with extra bonuses. So try to get them if you can.

First off, here is our updated leaderboard.

1. Vee 40 Pts
2. Gobli 37 Pts
2. Justac00lguy 37 Pts
3. ALIT 28 Pts
4. dcgc28 25 Pts
5. Dimooshky 12 pts
5. Jedizora 12 Pts
5. Atticus 12 Pts
6. Fig 11 Pts
7. Terminus 4 Pts

And Saturday's Round of 16 games. Submit before Saturday 10 AM USCT. Also, look at the bonus section underneath the games and include them with your prediction.

Brazil Vs Chile

Colombia Vs Uruguay

Bonuses: You may include up to three names of players who you think will score in the game. If you do guess the player right, that's 5 bonus points, for each. Doesn't matter if you choose a player from the losing side, so long as you guess who scored the goal, that's what counts. That is three choices per match. *If you don't know that many players, go to Fifa.com and choose teams at the bottom, then just go to players and you'll see their 2014 WC roster. Or, you can just google world cup team rosters, etc.

So... Here are my predictions and player selections for the games.

Note: if you don't like the player bonus, we can remove it, just let me know.

Gobli's Predictions

Brazil 3-1 Chile Players who I think will score: Neymar, Fred, and Alexis Sanchez.

Colombia 2-0 Uruguay Players: Jackson Martinez, Juan Cuadrado

dcgc28's Picks

Brazil Vs Chile 2-0 (Neymar x2)

Colombia Vs Uruguay 1-0 (Martinez)

Jedizora's Picks

Brazil Vs Chile (3-0) Neymar, Fred, Hulk

Colombia Vs Uruguay (1-2) Teófilo Gutiérrez, Diego Forlán, Edinson Cavani

Vee's Picks

Brazil vs Chile 2-1
Colombia vs Uruguay 2-1

A Link In Time's Picks

Brazil 2-1 Chile (Neymar)
Colombia 1-2 Uruguay

Justac00lguy's Picks

Brazil 2-1 Chile (Neymar x2, Vargas)
Colombia 2-0 Uruguay (Rodriguez, Cuadrado)

Last edited by a moderator:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
To be honest I have absolutely no clue who plays for what team and who are the goal scorers so for me this will be a total lost bonus round to be honest. So I just keep on guessing the final results because really I'm not into football that much like you. I'm just lucky at guessing :P
I got another idea. Why not making this a new round for us? Like new scores for Round 2 :P So we have each round a new score Round :)

Brazil vs Chile 2-1
Colombia vs Uruguay 2-1 tough one...without Suarez it is going to be a bit more tough.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
To be honest I have absolutely no clue who plays for what team and who are the goal scorers so for me this will be a total lost bonus round to be honest. So I just keep on guessing the final results because really I'm not into football that much like you. I'm just lucky at guessing :P
I got another idea. Why not making this a new round for us? Like new scores for Round 2 :P So we have each round a new score Round :)

Brazil vs Chile 2-1
Colombia vs Uruguay 2-1 tough one...without Suarez it is going to be a bit more tough.

Yeah, I totally understand you, Vee. And I am really up for it. But what do the other peeps say? If they agree, then why the hell not? *hits Vee on the shoulder*

If they want to keep the bonuses, then I have no other alternative but to go with that. But I am up for anything, even if you have another way to score bonus points, let me know. And hurry and make up your minds before the damn games start tomorrow. :cool:

Btw, Vee. I was wondering if you could perhaps award the winner of this thing a trophy like the ones from competition instead of me awarding someone a lousy golden cat. Unless you all want to go for the golden cat, I have no objections. :P

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Woo! What a day. Lots of points, and Justac00lguy and I got some bonus points. Cashing! :cool: Well, my thoughts on the games: Brazil got lucky. Chile played way better than them, but in the penalty shootout they lost. And Uruguay...well no Suarez, but I thought since the start of the WC that Uruguay needs to update their roster with younger players.

Regular Leaderboard

1. Vee 42 Pts
1. Gobli 42 Pts
1. Justac00lguy 42 Pts
2. ALIT 29 Pts
3. dcgc28 27 Pts
4. Jedizora 13 Pts
5. Dimooshky 12 pts
5. Atticus 12 Pts
6. Fig 11 Pts
7. Terminus 4 Pts

Bonus Points Leaderboard *Bonus points will be included only in this board. In the end, points will be added to the regular leaderboard to determine the overall winner. So, if you want to earn bonus points, you better do some player searching. lol

Bonus Points Leaderboard

1. Justac00lguy 5 Pts
1. Gobli 5 Pts

And Sunday's games. Submit before 11 AM USCT. *Bonus points are still in play, so guess away. Also, if teams go to penalty shoot outs, the player bonus does not apply there.

Holland Vs Mexico

Costa Rica Vs Greece

Gobli's Picks

Holland 1-2 Mexico (Sorry, Vee, gotta go with my team here)
Players: Van Persie, Peralta, Gio Dos Santos

Costa Rica 1-2 Greece
Players: Giorgios Samaras, Salpingidis, Bryan Ruiz

Jedizora's Picks

Holland Vs Mexico 2-1
Jeremain Lens, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Giovani dos Santos

Costa Rica Vs Greece 2-2
Bryan Ruiz, Randall Brenes, Dimitris Salpingidis

A Link In Time's Picks

Netherlands 3-2 Mexico
Costa Rica 2-0 Greece

Justac00lguy's Picks

Holland 2-0 Mexico | Scorers: Robben, Van Persie (don't kill me, Gobli ;p)
Costa Rica 0-1 Greece | Scorers: Samaras

Vee's Picks

Holland vs Mexico 3-2
Costa Rica vs Greece 2-1

Fig's Picks

Holland vs Mexico: 2-3
Costa Rica vs Greece: 2-1

Jedizora

:right:
Holland Vs Mexico 2-1
Jeremain Lens, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Giovani dos Santos