• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

World Cup Prediction Game

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Italy Vs Costa Rica: 2-0
Switzerland Vs France: 1-2
Honduras Vs Ecuador: 2-1

ITA vs. CR: 2-1

SWI vs. FRA: 1-2

HON vs. ECU: 1-1

#itried

You two were late, and wizards are never late. Oh wait...you guys/gals are no wizards, lol. Jk :cool: I added your entries, but not the game between Italy and Costa Rica since you were late.

Btw, never had I seen Italy play so poor. They didn't even try out there.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
You two were late, and wizards are never late. Oh wait...you guys/gals are no wizards, lol. Jk :cool: I added your entries, but not the game between Italy and Costa Rica since you were late.

Btw, never had I seen Italy play so poor. They didn't even try out there.

Ah darn, but damn, I agree. That was just... sad. :(

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Well, today definitely was not a very good journey for us, but we did get some points and we have a new participant in Atticus. :) Welcome to the competition and congrats on getting a point on your opening day. What can I say about the games? This world cup sure is getting crazy with great teams losing to underdogs. But that is how it goes in every sport.

Anywho...as always, here is the updated leaderboard.

Leaderboard

1. Gobli 25 Pts
2. Vee 20 Pts
3. dcgc28 18 Pts
3. ALIT 18 Pts
4. Justac00lguy 15 Pts
5. Dimooshky 11 pts
6. Fig 8 Pts
7. Terminus 4 Pts
8. Atticus 1 Pt

And here are tomorrow's games. Remember to submit your predictions before 11 USCT.

Argentina Vs Iran

Germany Vs Ghana

Nigeria Vs Bosnia and Herzegovina

Gobli's Picks

Argentina 3-0 Iran
Germany 4-0 Ghana
Nigeria 0-1 Bosnia and Herzegovina

dcgc28's Picks

Argentina Vs Iran 3-0
Germany Vs Ghana 3-1
Nigeria Vs Bosnia and Herzegovina 2-1

Dimooshky's Picks

Argentina 4-0 Iran
Germany 3-0 Ghana
Nigeria 0-2 Bosnia and Herzegovina

Justac00lguy's Picks

Argentina 3-0 Iran
Germany 3-1 Ghana
Nigeria 1-1 Bosnia

A Link In Time's Picks

Argentina 3-0 Iran
Germany 3-0 Ghana
Nigeria 2-1 Bosnia & Herzegovina

Fig's Picks

Argentina vs Iran: 3-0
Germany vs Ghana: 2-0
Nigeria vs Bosnia & Herzegovina: 2-1

Vee's Picks

Germany Vs Ghana 4-1
Nigeria Vs Bosnia and Herzegovina 2-1

Last edited by a moderator:
Another quality day and we're closer to that US game! :D

Argentina Vs Iran 3-0

Germany Vs Ghana 3-1

Nigeria Vs Bosnia and Herzegovina 2-1 (Hope Nigeria is pretty good they played us well right before the cup)

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Another quality day and we're closer to that US game! :D

Does the World Cup really live in the US? Always wondered this. I know soccer (LMAO :P) is getting to be more popular in the US, but here in Europe everybody goes crazy. I've been watching football for two weeks now and the Netherlands versus Spain really blew my mind. So, how do Americans do it?

Does the World Cup really live in the US? Always wondered this. I know soccer (LMAO :P) is getting to be more popular in the US, but here in Europe everybody goes crazy. I've been watching football for two weeks now and the Netherlands versus Spain really blew my mind. So, how do Americans do it?

My friends and I (probably around 20 of us) haven't missed games since the day the World Cup started unless it's for work. But I'd say yes finally America actually cares about the World Cup, I was up town today before the Germany and Ghana game and heard that my tiny town is having a watch party tomorrow afternoon at a few different bars. I wouldn't say our knowledge in general is anywhere near the European but it's coming around football or soccer is REALLY catching heat in America right now, and it's really great for a person like me who has always loved the World Cup and MLS. Basically the majority here watches America play and are really passionate about cheering for them, but not so much about the rest of the world, still there was a time when no one cared at all.

Also you shouldve seen our reactions during the Germany and Ghana game! I lost my voice cheering for Ghana, they really showed me something today.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Good games today, with more surprises. I can't believe strong teams like Argentina and Germany are struggling against underdog teams. :P But this cup has always been like that: full of surprises.

Anywho...as always, here is the updated leaderboard. I am still the lead dawg, but you peeps are catching up. I better step up my game or else that lead can be taken by one of you. :nod:

Leaderboard

1. Gobli 26 Pts
2. Vee 22 Pts
3. dcgc28 20 Pts
3. ALIT 20 Pts
4. Justac00lguy 20 Pts
5. Dimooshky 12 pts
6. Fig 11 Pts
7. Terminus 4 Pts
8. Atticus 1 Pt

And here are tomorrow's games. Happy predicting, folks. Remember to submit your predictions before 11 USCT.

Belgium Vs Russia

South Korea Vs Algeria

USA Vs Portugal

Gobli's Picks

Belgium 1-2 Russia
South Korea 2-0 Algeria
USA 2-1 Portugal

dcgc28's Picks

Belgium Vs Russia 0-2
South Korea Vs Algeria 1-0
USA Vs Portugal 2-0

Atticus's Picks

Belgium vs Russia 1-2
South Korea vs Algeria 0-0
USA vs Portugal 1-2

Vee's Picks

Belgium Vs Russia 2-1
South Korea Vs Algeria 2-1
USA Vs Portugal 1-2

Justac00lguy's Picks

Belgium 1-0 Russia
South Korea 1-1 Algeria
USA 1-2 Portugal

A Link In Time's Picks

USA 2-1 Portugal

Fig's Picks

South Korea vs Algeria: 1-2
USA vs Portugal: 2-1

Last edited by a moderator:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Belgium vs. Russia 1-2

South Korea vs. Algeria 0-0

USA vs. Portugal 1-2 (i love USA more than the next guy, but it's called the "Group of Death" for a reason, lol. i'll still wear my American gear, but i won't be surprised if they lose)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom