• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

World Cup Prediction Game

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Hopefully I got everything right. :cool:

Damn. I think my chances to win the regular Leaderboard are over. I can't catch Vee even with a perfect guess. :( :cry: But Justac00lguy can still beat Vee, or at least tie her in the regular leaderboard with a perfect guess. If that happened, that would give me 2nd place, and that is better than 3rd. :)

Ok, I may not win the regular stuff, but at least I have taken the lead in the bonus leaderboard. :P For the bonus and overall positions, I guess the fight is between Justac00lguy and this humble servant of yours. So...

Anywho...your leaderboards, Peeps, with one game to go. :yes:

Regular Leaderboard

1. Vee 56 Pts
2. Justac00lguy 53 Pts
3. Gobli 51 Pts
4. ALIT 42 Pts
5. Jedizora 28 Pts
6. dcgc28 27 Pts
7. Atticus 21 Pts
8. Fig 13 pts
9. Dimoosky 12 Pts
10. Terminus 4 Pts

Bonus Points Leaderboard

1. Gobli 55 Pts
2. Justac00lguy 50 Pts
3. Jedizora 25 pts

Gobli's Picks

Germany 2-1 Argentina
Players: Muller, Klose, Messi
Goals: 30-40th, 60-70th, 80-90th

Vee's Picks

Argentina will win with 3-2. And goal scorers: Messi, Muller and Ozil

A Link In Time's Picks

Argentina 3-2 Germany

Justac00lguy's Picks

Argentina 2-2 Germany (Argentina win on pens)
Scorers: Messi, Muller, Ozil
Times: 20-30, 50-60, 70-80

Jedizora's Picks

Germany 3-0 Argentina

Players: Toni Kroos, André Schürrle, Miroslav Klose
Goals: 40th-50th, 60th-70th, 70th-80th

Last edited by a moderator:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Heheheheh I'm going to edit my prediction :P I say Argentina will win with 3-2. And goal scorers: Messi, Muller and Ozil :P I don't want to lose the lead anymore :lol:

What, girl???????????????? D: You're throwing away the lead. XD Jk, but if you wanna edit your prediction, you can. I'll change it right now. Btw, Vee, the bonus points won't count in the Regular Leaderboard, so that means either you or Justac00lguy will win that one. The bonus points and the overall winner are another thing. So you are safe. Take a deep breath and celebrate. :P Btw, congrats. I was hoping Brazil would score one to make the game 2-1. I would have come very near to you if that had happened. But then that guy for Holland scored and I was like: Nooooooooooooooo! You dummy! You can't score! :P

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
What, girl???????????????? D: You're throwing away the lead. XD Jk, but if you wanna edit your prediction, you can. I'll change it right now. Btw, Vee, the bonus points won't count in the Regular Leaderboard, so that means either you or Justac00lguy will win that one. The bonus points and the overall winner are another thing. So you are safe. Take a deep breath and celebrate. :P Btw, congrats. I was hoping Brazil would score one to make the game 2-1. I would have come very near to you if that had happened. But then that guy for Holland scored and I was like: Nooooooooooooooo! You dummy! You can't score! :P
Yes I know but you see Justa is on my heels. So if I get right I will win but I can't take that risk of losing :lol: Yeah we did great. That was really a very good game. Glad Holland won though but I thought Brazil would at least get revenge. Guess their team is really bad

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Yes I know but you see Justa is on my heels. So if I get right I will win but I can't take that risk of losing :lol: Yeah we did great. That was really a very good game. Glad Holland won though but I thought Brazil would at least get revenge. Guess their team is really bad

Too much pressure for them in the final games. And Brazil's team is very inexperience in World Cup competition. What I mean by that is that they are young. I knew they would not win the cup, not even for being at home. Germany is too tough. I just hope I don't see an upset tomorrow. :P

Anyway. Now I see what you mean. But Justac00lguy can still beat/tie you. All he needs is to get the guess perfect. 2-2 is very possible, but I think the game is going to be a tight one. I don't see it going to penalties, but...the way this cup has gone, you know anything is possible. :nod: Good luck to both of you, btw. :yes:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Woot! The cup is over. I am gonna miss the games, for sure. But what a final. Both teams deserved to win, but I guess the one who wanted it more took it home. Good for Germany, they deserve it for playing so good out there during their games. :yes:

And well, with the cup finished, here is the way the final leaderboards look. Good job, peeps.

Regular Leaderboard

1. Vee 56 Pts
2. Justac00lguy 53 Pts
3. Gobli 52 Pts
4. ALIT 42 Pts
5. Jedizora 29 Pts
6. dcgc28 27 Pts
7. Atticus 21 Pts
8. Fig 13 pts
9. Dimoosky 12 Pts
10. Terminus 4 Pts

Bonus Points Leaderboard

1. Gobli 55 Pts
2. Justac00lguy 50 Pts
3. Jedizora 25 pts

And your winners... :party:

Regular Leaderboard winner: 1st Place: Vanessa28 (56 points) 2nd Place: Justac00lguy (53 points) 3rd Place: Gobli (52 points)

Bonus Points winner: First Place: Gobli (55 points) 2nd Place: Justac00lguy (50 points) 3rd Place: Jedizora (25 points)

Overall Winner via regular and bonus points added: 1st Place: Gobli (107 points) 2nd Place: Justac00lguy (103 points) 3rd Place: Vanessa28 (56 points)

I guess Vanessa28's got our awards in store. So it is just about waiting. I will have a talk with her about it, though. :cool: So please be patient. XD

And well, thanks for participating, soccer fans. :yes: Since I called dibs on this sort of competition, expect to hear from me again whenever I find out that a soccer tournament comes around. That will probably be next year with Copa America, but I will keep you informed in case anything else comes up before that. So if you liked competing like this, join us next time. ~Gobli

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Let me say that I had a great time with this :D A big shout out to Gobski-chan for hosting this and keeping everything updated :clap: We sure should do this again! It was fun and I will hand out the awards and like to thank everybody for making this event so great. And Justa you were on my heels and if I had not changed the original thoughts I would have won but I just couldn't take the risk of you catching up with me :P

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Let me say that I had a great time with this :D A big shout out to Gobski-chan for hosting this and keeping everything updated :clap: We sure should do this again! It was fun and I will hand out the awards and like to thank everybody for making this event so great. And Justa you were on my heels and if I had not changed the original thoughts I would have won but I just couldn't take the risk of you catching up with me :P

It was my pleasure. :nod: I too, had a lot of fun with this. Honest, I did enjoy the challenge. We have to do this again soon. I'd start another one with the Mexican League coming up, but I doubt you peeps would be interested in that, eh? No, I say we wait for a key tournament such as the American Cup, Gold Cup, Euro, and WC.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Damn 2nd in all categories, so close, lol.

Anyway well done Vee and Gobli, you guys were hard to beat. Oh and everyone else too, this was a great prediction game to compliment what was a pretty much amazing world cup. I guess we could do a similar thing when all the seasons start again in August.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Damn 2nd in all categories, so close, lol.

Anyway well done Vee and Gobli, you guys were hard to beat. Oh and everyone else too, this was a great prediction game to compliment what was a pretty much amazing world cup. I guess we could do a similar thing when all the seasons start again in August.

You were a good predictor as well, Justac00lguy. Maybe next time you will get first. I hope I get 1st place in the future. :)

And...

What seasons? You mean leagues?

Btw, next year there will be Gold Cup and Copa America (Cup America), two tourneys for good predictions. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom