• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Words That You Can Never Seem To Spell Correctly

1. Millennium/millennia - This one nearly always gives me trouble. I forget whether it has two l's or two n's, and oftentimes leave one or both letters out of the word. Spell check is what I rely on to correct it.

Hah... you, too? I have that same problem with the l's and the n's; quite irksome.

"Ophthalmology".

Fortunately, it rarely appears in conversation. And I would never bring it up myself since it is so difficult to spell...

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
Vacuum. Why oh why is it spelled that way?!?!? Right behind that "conscious" why does it need an S and a C in the middle there? Pick a letter! Behind that "catergory", ya you think it would be cata- by how your pronounce it but nooooooooooooooooooooooo. Oh I can go on and on, but I chalk it up to the English language being stupid as all hell.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Beautiful ~ Just getting it right in this post took me a few tries :xd:
Aesthetics ~ because I can hardly even pronounce it right
Anesthesia ~ ...

Kirino

Tatakae
Necessary and definitely. I fail every time trying to spell them.

Definetly...or defenitly...definitely...
whatever it is sigh

exactly the same as me. It's so irritating seeing as I feel I can spell everything except 'definitely'. Is that even correct?

D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y

A good way to remember it is to think of it in parts. De-finite-ly. Two I's in the middle. The middle part is what people usually have the most trouble with. Just think of the word finite.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I think the word Exercise is the #1 word I can't spell throughout my entire life. I have to at least make it look to sound right.

Definitely is also a word I sometimes can't spell.

MW7

Of the words I commonly use I misspell

1. forward- I leave out the "r" all the time since I must be thinking of toward for some reason
2. necessary- I usually want to add another "c"
3. occasionally- I always start by spelling it "ocassionally." This one is especially weird to me because I think I usually can spell occasion fine; just add a simple suffix to the base word and I become confused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom