• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Wolf Link's Chain

tecknokid900

All Hail Yhtomit!
I was just playing TP for the Wii when something occurred to me. What is that chain on wolf Link's right paw for? (or left paw for the Gamecube) Is it a decoration? Some sort of magical device? And how does it stay there, even after Link becomes human again? tell me what you think below.

Last edited:

Nicole

luke is my wife
Actually, in the canon version it's on the LEFT paw. :rolleyes:

Anywho, do you remember when you were chained up in Hyrule Castle, and Midna broke the chains? A few links remain connnected to Link's paw becuase Midna didn't totally destroy the chain. She only broke it, therefore, some pieces will be leftover.

Why is it still there when Link returns to wolf form after becoming human? Possibly because he can't remove it, and Midna never felt the need to.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Actually it is supposed to be in the left paw in the GC but oh well...

Well Midna didnt desrtoyed the chain, just cut it in half. If she wouldve broken the part in Link's leg...well he probably would be legless...
So yeah it is decoration, and to annoy you when you walk

Remember when Wolf Link saw Midna for the first time and she broke that chain for Wolf Link so he was free, and the other part of the chain stayed on Wolf Link's paw! Remember that?! :)

Ariel

Think for yourself.
It's so it's harder for you to find golden bugs by sound as a wolf because the STUPID RINGING SOUND won't stop when you run.

linkman8

True and Noble
Yeah, essentially the chain is there for decoration, or even perhaps to enhance the theme of being "imprisoned" in the body of the wolf, but on a more basic level they just never really thought it was necessary to remove it.

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
I like all these ideas (although most are the same). But what if it COULD be a magical device? I mean, I haven't played the game in a while , but isn't it true that wherever Link goes (in wolf form (in the twilight)), Zant just HAPPENS to show up in that spacific region? ( could someone check the spelling for "spacific"?)

Last edited:

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
I always wondered about that chain. It is always on his wolf leg. I think it remindes you that he was once imprisoned. I have a queston about it though. Where is it while Link is in his human form? I thought it would transfer to his human form, but I guess I was mistaken. Still, it is always there, no matter what it has gone through. That is one strong chain!

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
I think Midna never destroyed the chain to remind Link of the debt she feels he owes her. It probably stays in his wolf form and doesn't get transfered over for the same reason Link's clothes stay on his human form: it would look silly.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I actually like the chain on Wolf Link's leg. It is so much more than just an ordinary chain; it reminds the player how Link meets with Midna. Also, when you are running you can sometimes hear the chain rattling, which adds as a pretty cool effect.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It's the chain that he was chained up to when he was chained up in Hyrule Castle. (Yeah, I said "chain/chained" a lot, and that wasn't to be funny.) So that's why it's on his leg. It should have fallen off when he changed back into human form, but that was a design thing.

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
My guess would be he didn't break the chain fully when he was trying to get free. And I guess it stays on after he changes back then to a wolf because like i said before he didn't break it off fully.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I think he looks pretty awsome with it. Even though it makes an annoying click, it looks pretty cool. I would have kept it on Link's paw.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom