• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Wolf Link

kindlyone

I am The Kindlyone
When you guys first saw the demos and stuff for twilight princess in 2005 did you think that miyamoto was doing bad with wolf link

At first i though "OH NO link is slowly going to become a stupid charecter along with all of Zelda (kinda like sonic) but i was proven wrong when i played the game

so i know this is kinda old nowadays but do you think wolf :) was a good idea BEFORE you played why or why not

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Well, I didn't really think about whether it was good or bad yet, but I thought it was a good idea to try something new and creative, like how Zelda should be.

I didn't know too much about it beforehand. But I think the game would have been just as good or better without the wolf. I never really cared for the wolf aspect of the game.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I think that you'll always have your first opinions on something before you actually try it out, whether they may be good or bad. That doesn't mean that I didn't like the idea of Wolf Link, because I did. I thought it looked pretty creative and it was something new. I still love the idea of using Link as a wolf in TP. As I already said, I thought that it was a good and creative idea.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Before TP was released, all I did was marvel at Wolf Link. It was pretty awesome that Link turned into a wolf. Nowadays, it completely sucks. Because back in 2005, I didn't know what gimmicks were.

Um, no, not really. Thing is, I don't and never really have reacted to what they introduce in the next game. At least not in a negative or critical way. See, I kind of trust Nintendo (to a point), and every time they've announced something unusual like the Toon Style or the Wolf, I've given it a shot. The wolf ultimately turned out to be a good thing, I felt, although I think they needed to do more with it (which is basically what I could say about all of Twilight Princess -.- ).

Only time I've ever had a reaction somewhat similar was with Twilight Princess' artstyle. I didn't have an automatic reaction or anything, but as time went on and I examined the concept artwork and such I started to grow bothered by the style. This concern wasn't so much "OMFG I HATE THIS" as it was an eventual, logical conclusion which I pretty much stand by to this day. XP

Beeker

Wild Card
I'm like DKMac, I didn't know much about Twilight Princess and its hype before I played it, so I never really freaked out or anything. In fact, I think I'm pretty neutral to the thing. I think it adds something unique and new to the series, then again they could've done more.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I hadn't returned to Zelda yet when the demos were released, so I didn't have a lot to compare it to. Honestly, I was more worried about the Wii controls than I was about Wolf Link. Well...okay, I had an open-mind about it, but I think I assumed that this was a voluntary change, more like animagus in Harry Potter, and I wasn't sure what I'd think of that. In the end I liked the way it was done, how it seemed like a curse at first but turned out to be something to his advantage.

initialDable

going deku
I did not really have an immediate reaction. It was cool, but.... I figured the new zelda would have a lot of new things considering the new graphical style. I thought it was obvious that at some point in the game you could transform link into wolf or human at will.

Last edited:
I was more interested in the apparent grim and grittiness of the game (Wasn't much of a Zelda fan back then and my only image of it was Wind Waker), so the wolf was more or less the cherry on the top.

Y

Yakuza

I thought at first Wolf Link was a great Idea, then when I tried the controls...It was terrible.
At that point I thought it was only good for the story.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Back in 2005 I wasn't into Zelda at all so I missed the demo of TP and I missed all demo's of every Zelda game. But when I bought the TP game for the wii I was pretty interested in how Link woulod turn into a wolf and why etc.

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
I didn't really know about this game before I got it on my wii and I think that the wolf is a great idea. All the canine senses and everything were pretty great, I loved the way you can see stuff that you can't see as Link, its fun to hear the frighted soldiers speaking words of fear.

i didnt know alot about the game, i wasnt to sure what the wolf in the game did but in the end i thought it was a cool idea
something fresh right and its a good addition to the game
only problem i really had with it was when you had to fight multiple enemies at once i could never get those controls =\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom