• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wizard101 Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
Hmm. So what does everyone think, is Mafia one of the schools or are they divided throughout the schools?

It could potentially go either way, but my guess would be that the Mafia members are spread out over at least a few of the schools. Comparing this game to the Green Lantern Mafia game (which of course was different from this game but still has similarities in regards to these schools), I would say it is likely that the Mafiosi are part of a couple of different schools, since I think that was the case in Green Lantern and that worked well (obviously I know this is a different situation but I still see notable similarities).

Too convenient for mafia to be a single school.

Or it would be inconvenient for the Mafia to all be part of the same school. Like with the Global Spell for example, if the Mafia (as I suspect) are part of different schools instead of one and the same, that means that at least one of the Mafia members is likely to benefit from the Global Spell if it is used by somebody else.

Vote: DekuNut

I've never played Wizard 101, so I'm slightly confused about the set up. But I'm sure it will become clear later and I'm excited to play.

I also think Mafia must be split up among the schools. @Eduarda do you have any reason to think they are one group?

Mido

Version 1
I actually find it interesting that the lynch option is still available, keeping some Mafia familiarity within the setup. Neat!

Vote: Pendio

*Waves to Pendio*

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
And I agree with Soosh and peeps. I doubt they're all the same school. Would make it too easy to figure out. I'll go farther and say there's at least one per school pair.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
In the game, I remember it made a point to say that the School of Death (the obvious evil school) is not bad, despite the main villain being the former teacher. Mafia wise, having them all in a certain school wouldn't make much sense, as others have pointed out, with the global spell which can reveal a player's school.

So who are your scum-buds?
Qoky2m1.jpg

Mido

Version 1
In the game, I remember it made a point to say that the School of Death (the obvious evil school) is not bad, despite the main villain being the former teacher. Mafia wise, having them all in a certain school wouldn't make much sense, as others have pointed out, with the global spell which can reveal a player's school.

Good observation. I forgot to account for the global spell. (Although I honestly only skimmed the common spells page). :sweat:

It seems based on what I'm seeing so far, we do have a few players with varying knowledge of the game. I myself only have mininmal.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Comparing this game to the Green Lantern Mafia game (which of course was different from this game but still has similarities in regards to these schools), I would say it is likely that the Mafiosi are part of a couple of different schools, since I think that was the case in Green Lantern and that worked well (obviously I know this is a different situation but I still see notable similarities).
Mtg was also very similar in design where the color of the Walker was not related to alignment. Having designed both, Green Lantern played on the relationships between the lantern corps and if you knew the universe you'd be able to guess alignment based on color. In mtg I went with the story of each character and made the game a no reveal game, having every color represented as best as I could on the Mafia team, that way it would be the character's lore that mattered for guessing alignment. Though some lore would be difficult to figure out who's side they were on.

I think this game is probably going to be more like MTG where the school doesn't matter as much. Not only that but I don't think this is a no reveal game so I don't think it'll be too much of an issue as we'll know alignments when people die. That said, for now let's not associate schools with alignment and take any school claim ad just that and nothing alignment related.

Reactions: Pen

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
@Eduarda do you have any reason to think they are one group?
I'm unfamiliar with the theme, so I thought that Death was the evil school :P But you guys are right, the set up doesn't make sense then.

@Ver-go-a-go-go do you think attacking players would be a bad idea or should we rather lynch

I personally think we should use attacks to finish off our vig's work if we agree with them. But otherwise it would make more sense to leave most deaths to a uniform decision like lynching (plus it's free :P)

@Libk do you think that Mafia wouldn't need extra pips for casting general spells at night? As they would prefer to only cast at night while town can cast during day if they please. So general spells might favour town more, this way.

Mido

Version 1
I personally think we should use attacks to finish off our vig's work if we agree with them. But otherwise it would make more sense to leave most deaths to a uniform decision like lynching (plus it's free :P)

I think pips are something that should be used semi-conservatively given we still have Mafia's traditional outlets. I'm also willing to wager that the Mafia could potentially have their traditional nightkill sans pips. (Then again, that could lead to the Mafia potentially harboring too much power, so the jury's ultimately out on this one.) Going back to my first point, I am more or less in agreement with your mode of operation regarding the utilization of day spells and since pips are a hot commodity in this game. Of course, this mode of operation also depends on one's own individual abilities as well.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy

I think that's a smart idea. I'll agree with this.

Just me. I'm the serial killer. I was hoping for scum, but this is close enough :bubsy:

Well boys and girls, y'all know the drill.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
@Libk do you think that Mafia wouldn't need extra pips for casting general spells at night? As they would prefer to only cast at night while town can cast during day if they please. So general spells might favour town more, this way.

Mafia members probably have some interesting spells in their role pm we don't know about, so they may not cast from the normal spell list as much. But spells cost extra at night and I doubt they wouldn't have to pay the extra. Also keep in mind our attacks cost 2 pips, they aren't free and some people may have better options for their pips.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Vote Tally

Kokirion (9): Player is lynched.

TWILIGHT
Plz stand by
Really original opening. Bravo! In order not to be rude, I'll just assume that it only took you 2 nights to prepare this entree.

Interesting set-up. But also a set-up that could potentially tell you a lot about people's roles. As a true scholar I'll have to get my notebook (or just my laptop, but do we have laptops in wizard101. actually, if we don't posting might also pose a problem... but never mind that, I'm creative).

I wonder if the mafia has been randomly distributed over the schools, or spread out as much as possible (max. 1 mafia member per school). I hope it's not the second one, that might make it just a bit too easy to establish townies. I also wonder, though, if every school of magic has an equal number of wizards (I mean if that isn't the case, it will still be hard to claim a school of magic if which it is known that it no longer contains a mafia member, because without a limit anyone can unverifiably claim)

Also, I'm still mad at anyone who did me wrong in Anonymous mafia. Dammit p9, how easy for you to hide behind that vote tally. I would've cast a spell at you right here right now...

Vote: Johnny Sooshi. You were second on my list anyway
kinda like Kill bill (but than reversed...). RegalBryant is third on my list, and ALIT 4th being that player who says bullying is wrong but doesn't really undertake anything to stop it from happening.

Reactions: Pen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom