• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wizard101 Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been having trouble getting invested in mafia as of late, and the seemingly complex rules of this setup really turned me off from jumping in right away. Think I'm caught up now so I'll get back in the swing of things.

I'm unfamiliar with the theme, so I thought that Death was the evil school :P But you guys are right, the set up doesn't make sense then.

@Ver-go-a-go-go do you think attacking players would be a bad idea or should we rather lynch

I personally think we should use attacks to finish off our vig's work if we agree with them. But otherwise it would make more sense to leave most deaths to a uniform decision like lynching (plus it's free :P)

Pips are probably best conserved at this point in the game and used when we each think they'll be most useful. I can see our attack option acting more as a trump card later on when we might theoretically reach a mafia-favoring impasse with a potential lynch.

I personally think Kokiriok is too good of a player to lose so soon.

This is dangerous discourse to have in mafia. No one should be exempt from lynch just because they're a good player; this leads to justification of bad lynches that were made just because the other guy had a better reputation than another.

So you think Gummy's joke makes her seem town to you, but you say she deserves to be lynched for making said joke? How come? You yourself have made a ton of Gummy dying on day one jokes, and all she seems to be doing is continuing the joke. Every Mafia player on ZD knows the ongoing joke. I don't think she's doing anything new, and I don't think she deserves to be lynched because of this. I've seen you use a flimsy excuse to push for someone's lynch, before, as scum. Though in this case you yourself aren't voting her, the statement still makes me wary.

I've seen how strong Gummy plays so I don't agree with her lynch just yet. But if it comes down to it, and it needs more numbers, like I said, I'll join.

This is making a mountain out of a molehill, I think. Yes, it's very annoying when anyone asks to be lynched regardless if it's a joke or not. I don't think it's a crime to point that out, because I agree with it. I don't agree that it automatically makes someone a lynch candidate off the bat, but kokirion is reacting the way I expect him to react on day one - he tends to analyze all possibilities, regardless if they're seemingly relevant or not to the current context of the day.

I don't believe he voted for Gumball either, which makes this little more than an observation. As I've already said, I agree with him - begging to be lynched is annoying and does nothing for anyone.

Tbh I'm more confident in voting for an inactive. I'd usually want day one lynches to yeild the most info possible but with four pages ill doubt we'll get more info either way.

Out of the three tbh I'd rather vote Bryant. Sorry. Ill keep a vote for now in case I cant come back to this.

Vote: RegalBryant

I am with Deku on his decision. I know it isnt much, but the way Koki gave an obvious excuse to not lynch a helpful player when the whole basis for her lynch was rvs (cleaning his hands), and then saying he's fine with the lynch, therefore giving a go-ahead, I think is a better reason than Bryant. But really, you three need to post. I wont mind vig getting one of them, if they refuse to help.

Unvote: RegalBryant
Vote: Kokirion

Day ends tomorrow, right? I dont think we'll get a better lead than Koki. His lynch would alao give us a bit more info, so I support it.

This is a very quick turnaround for you, Eduarda. Voting for an inactive/going with a policy lynch is a fairly safe thing to do this early in the game, and something that I'm still conflicted on. Policy lynches have worked out in the past though, along with inactive lynching just as filler until we get more information on the abilities of the mafia and their general strategy we can start to formulate given their actions during the night. I'm somewhat surprised that you're going right for the kill off the bat.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
So you think Gummy's joke makes her seem town to you, but you say she deserves to be lynched for making said joke? How come? You yourself have made a ton of Gummy dying on day one jokes, and all she seems to be doing is continuing the joke. Every Mafia player on ZD knows the ongoing joke. I don't think she's doing anything new, and I don't think she deserves to be lynched because of this. I've seen you use a flimsy excuse to push for someone's lynch, before, as scum. Though in this case you yourself aren't voting her, the statement still makes me wary.

I've seen how strong Gummy plays so I don't agree with her lynch just yet. But if it comes down to it, and it needs more numbers, like I said, I'll join.

Vote: RegalBryant

but... wait.

aren't you kind of doing the same? You accuse me of not actively voting for Gummy but still trying to support people who vote for her. Right in that same post you first defend her and then suddenly say "But if it comes down to it, and it needs more numbers, like I said, I'll join".

Wow! Are we mayhaps... scumbuds? :eek:

Something else about you Eduarda, in games when you are town I tend to have had the feeling that you were very considerate of who you voted, not to make mistakes. In games where you have been mafia you've quite frequently used shady arguments and were less careful. Here you use quite a weak argument to push for a lynch, I don't recall that to be town-Eduardish.

Pen

The game is on!
My apologies for being away from the game for a little while. I see we have moved on to a more serious day 1. I do not mind that.

Unvote

feeling pretty decent about pendio and doc, slightly okay about frozen and eduarda

Just out of curiosity, what exactly do you mean with "feeling pretty decent" about me? Like, is that a good or a bad thing?

I'm not too concerned about Timeless and Johnny at this time, but I find Pendio's vote the most interesting since it was the most recent and took place after his brief discourse with Eduarda. Briefly recapping, he stated the following:

His overall semi-cautiousness I would argue fits his MO, and is representative of an independent mindset, especially in the former post. While I understand his line of thought in these responses, I became intrigued by his late vote on Gummy. What's the agenda here? (Especially since LG is a good player to have under contract with the town).

It was intended as a joke vote. The only reason I did not remove it until now was because I have been away from the game for a bit. ^^

The only thing I'm somewhat perplexed by is his choosing to vote Jamie of the inactive crew, since Jamie can be a valuable asset. In contrast to this, Eduarda takes the safer route by going with RegalBryant.

This is a very interesting topic in my opinion. Thinking of players as valuable or less valuable. I do not think it is a winning way of thinking because it restricts our way of scum hunting. This game I have heard people wanting to spare (or at least something along those lines) Gummy, Jamie, Kirion, Vergo and Bryant. Seems like every single lynch candidate is too valuable to lynch. I think we have got to stop thinking like this. Kirion's vote on Jamie was perfectly fine in my personal opinion. But let me ask you now @kokirion are you going to want to keep your vote on Jamie now, even after he has posted, or will you be keeping it on him?

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Just out of curiosity, what exactly do you mean with "feeling pretty decent" about me? Like, is that a good or a bad thing?
As in I wouldn't want to lynch you. The people I listed are about as good of a town read as I can get out of day 1.

i realize now that i should have specified considering we're talking about who to lynch, so that was my bad

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Like Gummy said, killing an inactive gives us no info. At least Gummy will. Sorry gurl.
I see Eduardas point regarding Koki, and he may he worth looking into
Unvote
Vote: Kokirion

At least there's actually a reason for his death. More than can really be said for Gummy

Wait, what? I'm confused, are you for or against LG? Why say killing her would give info and then turn around and vote Koki?

Important posts if Kokirion flips scum. Not really sure on which direction he'll go yet.

Agreed there.

This is dangerous discourse to have in mafia. No one should be exempt from lynch just because they're a good player; this leads to justification of bad lynches that were made just because the other guy had a better reputation than another

Definitely agreed. In one of my first few serious games (FMA mafia) Axel tried saying he was worth keeping alive because of his experience, regardless of anyone being able to determine his alignment. I don't like posts like that. Advocating for someone to be alive based on how experienced they are is not how we should be playing this.

This is a very quick turnaround for you, Eduarda. Voting for an inactive/going with a policy lynch is a fairly safe thing to do this early in the game, and something that I'm still conflicted on. Policy lynches have worked out in the past though, along with inactive lynching just as filler until we get more information on the abilities of the mafia and their general strategy we can start to formulate given their actions during the night. I'm somewhat surprised that you're going right for the kill off the bat.

Noticed this too. It's a very different play style from her in the last few games where she pinpointed scum very easily, and didn't advocate for lynching inactivates. For her to aim for an easy lynch is something not very characteristic of her. It's obvious that metas should not be the sole focus of determining alignment, but they should be used as evidence in part.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Vote Tally

Johnny Sooshi (2) - LittleGumball, kokirion
Sadia (2) - Mido, Shroom
Kokirion (2) - DekuNut, Eduarda
Little Gumball (1) - Timeless
Mido (1) - Sadia

No votes cast: RegalBryant, Jamie, Doc, Frozen Chosen, Ver-go-a-go-go, Libk, justac00lguy, Pendio, Johnny Sooshi

Day 1 will end on Sunday, August 7th, 2016 (tomorrow) at 9 PM MST. With 17 players alive, 9 is majority. 5 votes are required to lynch.

I actually agree.
I'm fine with lynching one of the 3 non-posters. All three are fine players, so I'll just randomly vote for Jamie.

Vote: Jamie
You never unvoted.

hey, 101 posts in this thread. nice

I got on expecting to make a good post but its way too late so just letting y'all know I'm here and I'll be up bright and early in the morning to share my thoughts

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Wait, what? I'm confused, are you for or against LG? Why say killing her would give info and then turn around and vote
I said that Gummy would be a more useful lynch them an inactive. It wasn't about her being scummy. I had no reason to believe that except "trust no one".
My vote on Koki is because I feel like there could be some reasoning there, no matter how slight, which is much better reasoning IMO than giving someone the noose because of a joke.

Definitely agreed. In one of my first few serious games (FMA mafia) Axel tried saying he was worth keeping alive because of his experience, regardless of anyone being able to determine his alignment. I don't like posts like that. Advocating for someone to be alive based on how experienced they are is not how we should be playing this.
I also agree with this. I'll also point out Green Lantern, where scum won without losing a single teammate partially because they were some of the most experienced members and used that argument to defend each other, iirc.

anyways, I'm going to call it here for tonight. I know there was some other stuff I wanted to reply to earlier, but got distracted by Suicide Squad. It's late now, so I'll probably reread what happened this calendar day in the morning and say more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom