• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wizard101 Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Alright, time to roll the dice one again with a more serious post:

• Timeless - too inactive to be scum
  • Tristan
  • Mido
  • kokirion (Looking for a replacement)
  • Sadia - Mason?
  • DekuNut - Mason?
  • Shroom
  • Johnny Sooshi - Archmage Necromancer
I think this, for the most part, narrows down the remaining scum if we still believe the mason claims. The Storm/JC flip adds much credibility to the mason claims in respect to the numbers' game. This all being said, I'd assume that one mafia member remains among us folks. While I still believed Timeless to be town as a result of Gummy's views, the consistent kills during the night seem to render Timeless outside the spectrum in full due to his inactivity. This leaves the rest of us hooligans. Personally, I find myself torn between Tristan and Shroom. Tristan's more of a gut feeling while Shroom's been a light suspect of mine since the early stages of the game, although my current read of him is a slight town read based on later actions. Tonight or tomorrow, I plan on making the decision.

While I was initially skeptical of the DekuNut and Sadia mason claim, I have no reason to doubt it now because there should be one mafia member left (based on numbers, 4 members in this size game, 3 mafia members dead, should leave one left). Seems to check out at this point.

As of where I think to look, I'm unsure. I am a bit confused about the night scene. Is this saying that Libk was killed by mafia and used his ability to heal Soosh, or is he out for another reason by choice? Can anyone explain, I'm a little lost, and a little groggy (papers after papers man).

Okay, I'm horribly sorry, I just wanted to apologize for the inactivity because the past week has been all about school, and I have been obscenely busy with classes and adjusting to my new life. Anyhow, I read through back on some recent happenings to try to gain a synthesis of what exactly is going on. So 8 people are left, roughly one mafia member remains. We've also seen nightkills once every two nights, roughly, from what I can surmise. Assuming this pattern keeps up, that means town has three lynch chances to determine who's left. Let's assume mason claims ring true as well. What this means is that we can choose literally the top HALF of remaining candidates for lynch! Additionally, after running some simple probabality numbers, the chance that we choose the mafia member by that third chance is over 50%. once you narrow it down to the most suspicious three (in whatever order) the chance town wins goes up drastically. Because then unless we choose the wrong three people, as long as town cooperates, town is guaranteed the win. So basically to summarize: Let's prioritize making a list of the top three lynch candidates, and try to lynch numero uno today. We have three days, four at best assuming the pattern of nightkills continues.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I don't believe I have those abilities anymore. I wasn't told I do or don't, but the flavor seems to indicate I do.
I'd like to go to this quote. Why did you initialy assume you didn't have your abilities any more? In most games, if you're brought back, you're brought back completley, with your previous role intact. What's different here?

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I'd like to go to this quote. Why did you initialy assume you didn't have your abilities any more? In most games, if you're brought back, you're brought back completley, with your previous role intact. What's different here?

I read the part about losing my deck and wand. However, when I reread the scene to quote that part I read the part about the town giving them back to me. I missed that part when I first read the scene.

Mido

Version 1
I said I was going to make a decision tonight, but I must admit I got hooked on Voltron: Legendary Defender today, so I haven't done much in my reevaluations. I will get to them in due time! :)

As of where I think to look, I'm unsure. I am a bit confused about the night scene. Is this saying that Libk was killed by mafia and used his ability to heal Soosh, or is he out for another reason by choice? Can anyone explain, I'm a little lost, and a little groggy (papers after papers man).

I have not done a clean read of the night scene, but I'm wagering the mafia gave Libk the ax since he claimed JOAT the previous day.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Okay, I'm horribly sorry, I just wanted to apologize for the inactivity because the past week has been all about school, and I have been obscenely busy with classes and adjusting to my new life. Anyhow, I read through back on some recent happenings to try to gain a synthesis of what exactly is going on. So 8 people are left, roughly one mafia member remains. We've also seen nightkills once every two nights, roughly, from what I can surmise. Assuming this pattern keeps up, that means town has three lynch chances to determine who's left. Let's assume mason claims ring true as well. What this means is that we can choose literally the top HALF of remaining candidates for lynch! Additionally, after running some simple probabality numbers, the chance that we choose the mafia member by that third chance is over 50%. once you narrow it down to the most suspicious three (in whatever order) the chance town wins goes up drastically. Because then unless we choose the wrong three people, as long as town cooperates, town is guaranteed the win. So basically to summarize: Let's prioritize making a list of the top three lynch candidates, and try to lynch numero uno today. We have three days, four at best assuming the pattern of nightkills continues.

So who are you voting for?

So who are you voting for?

Not entirely sure as of yet. All I've done is run the numbers. You're making a moderately compelling case, to be honest. Call it extrapolation, but the early game when you got injured a little bit on the side, I guess died somewhere in the middle, and then came back out of nowhere, as the number of possible scum started to dwindle down. Gives you a little time to avoid suspicion. May not be anything worth voting off of, but possibly to look into.

Who are you voting for?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Not entirely sure as of yet. All I've done is run the numbers. You're making a moderately compelling case, to be honest. Call it extrapolation, but the early game when you got injured a little bit on the side, I guess died somewhere in the middle, and then came back out of nowhere, as the number of possible scum started to dwindle down. Gives you a little time to avoid suspicion. May not be anything worth voting off of, but possibly to look into.

Who are you voting for?
Johnny is town confirmed by the mod though. This isn't a bastard game, so there's no reason to be suspicious of him, even a little bit. I'm actually getting some slight scum vibes from you over this tbh because scum want nothing more than to eliminate confirmed Townies. But it's not strong, and I know you're new, so it's not enough to vote.

I've been busy with school lately and haven't really been signing into ZD, so I have a little bit of catching up to do. I'm busy tonight but I'll try to make a post when I can.

Mido

Version 1
Johnny is town confirmed by the mod though. This isn't a bastard game, so there's no reason to be suspicious of him, even a little bit. I'm actually getting some slight scum vibes from you over this tbh because scum want nothing more than to eliminate confirmed Townies. But it's not strong, and I know you're new, so it's not enough to vote.

I've been busy with school lately and haven't really been signing into ZD, so I have a little bit of catching up to do. I'm busy tonight but I'll try to make a post when I can.

I can see where you're coming from with this, as the mafia would want to act as such; however, I doubt a mafia member would go about this plan during the day as it would expose his/her identity rather easily.

Since today is Friday, I will try to go through my reads of Shroom and Tristan again this afternoon.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy

Who are you voting for?

Unsure myself. It's between you and shroom rn. However, I'd like to point out I'm confirmed town. My death revealed my alignment.

Unsure myself. It's between you and shroom rn. However, I'd like to point out I'm confirmed town. My death revealed my alignment.

Too lazy to figure out quoting so I'm just going to replay here: I just checked back after being tagged in this and I just saw that Johnny was confirmed town. That's on me, suspicion redacted. After class today I'll try to develop m thoughts surrounding the other players.

Shroom

So I just remembered that this is relevant:

Anyway, I meant to say this earlier, but what with moving and getting ready for school and work and everything, I seriously haven't had the time to look at this thread.

There are a few reasons why I voted for Storm. First off, I roleblocked Doc last night. If you're wondering why him of all people, I didn't know who to block, so I chose an inactive. It was a random choice between him and Jamie (I knew one of them would be replaced, but wasn't sure which, so picked a random one).

The first attack looks like a roleblock. It doesn't look like doctor protection, because the doctor protection happened at the end (when another shield absorbed some of his damage). He was ultimately killed by the poison that was already affecting him. Seeing as how I blocked Doc, it lines up if Storm is scum. I know Doc was inactive, but if I were scum, I would send the inactive one to actually perform the kill because it's "safe". Combine it with JC's earlier inactivity and distinct lack of votes, and it's why I voted for Storm.

So if this is the case, Tristan is town Roleblocker. I bring this up in case anyone forgot (I had vaguely remembered), so if you were to believe that claim, that would leave myself, Koko, Mido, and Timeless as your ideal targets. This would leave the chart like this:

• Timeless - too inactive to be scum
  • Tristan- Roleblocker
  • Mido
  • kokirion (Looking for a replacement)
  • Sadia - Mason
  • DekuNut - Mason
  • Shroom
  • Johnny Sooshi - Archmage Necromancer
I know people have been rather busy, I know have, but I would like to bring this back up for discussion. Why is koko not on anyone's radar? Have I forgotten something? Or has he simply slipped under?

I know little about Timeless, but sort of have my doubts as they've just continuously jumped on bandwagons, which would make sense if they were solely town, but has also gotten behind a mafia lynch or two (not saying this totally saves them, but it brings up some doubt to me because it appears like stereotypical inactive play).

Mido has been pretty active all game, and as of now (with all the claims and known roles), I'm unsure of how I feel about his alignment.

Then there's myself, and I know my alignment, and feel as if I've been rather consistent in my methods of voting. I've always been for a lynch to move the town forward (especially after the day 1 no lynch).

Regardless, thoughts on these 4? I think inactivity is no longer a valid excuse to keep someone off your radar, as we saw JC, then Doc, and finally Storm was the godfather and they had been largely inactive the entire game.

Shroom

EBDWODP:

I copied Mido's list of villagers alive and forgot to eliminate the "too inactive to be town" beside Timeless. My mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom