• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wireless Nunchuck

What I'm talking here will not talk about the game but the controller. The only reason they pick Right Handed Link is because the Wii Remote is connected to the Nuchuck. If that is so then the solution is obvious Nintendo should made a Nunchuck that is wireless instead of the lines thing that connects to the Wii Remote just like the one with Wireless Gamecube. When you want to play left hand Link Wii Remote left and Wireless Nunchuck in the right if want to play right handed Link Wii Remote Right Hand and Wireless Nunchuck Left hand. I mean they make a lot of Wii Stuff like Wii Zapper, Wii Wheels, and etc surely they could atleast make a Wireless Nunchuck right? The Wii is out like for 5 years they should make one. Wii Remote is the one thats Wireless but not the Nunchuck? The Nunchuck should be Wireless.

Do they even know about that? I mean if even I figured it out does that mean they figured they find a flaw with it? If its flawed I would challenge the flaw and make it work because thats the only way Left Handed Link could be played. If other people find a better solution then a Wireless Nunchuck I would love to hear it. I think the Wireless Nunchuck would not only be beneficial to The Legend of Zelda Wii game but to all Wii games. Even if its flawed or not somebody should tell this idea to Nintendo or everyone should atleast think about it.

MrLuigi

Theorist
Go buy a Wiimote with built-in Motion Plus and get a 3rd party nyko nunchuck.

jugglaj91

I am me....
You do know there are 3rd party wireless nunchuks right? It would be awesome if Nintendo put out one of their own but there isn't much need. I don't know anyone who needed more length than the wired one gives. Besides you could till do right and left with a wired one. Only problem I see is most people have been gaming with the thumb stick on the left so it would be weird to control a game using their right hand to move.

You do know there are 3rd party wireless nunchuks right? It would be awesome if Nintendo put out one of their own but there isn't much need. I don't know anyone who needed more length than the wired one gives. Besides you could till do right and left with a wired one. Only problem I see is most people have been gaming with the thumb stick on the left so it would be weird to control a game using their right hand to move.

I didn't know about it till today. But if its already been made why did they say that The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is for Right Handed Only why can't it be switched?

Last edited:

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I don't think it's that they can't, it's that they won't. I'm sure they know how to make alternate setting for the game, sadly they might see that ability to switch the setting as a drain on the overall game. It could be that adding that feature has drawbacks. Perhaps there are so many items with so many configurations that if Nintendo added the right had to left hand switch then all those items would need an alternate configurations as well. Maybe the whole map might be flipped as a result. If Skyward Sword has a really big overworld world like I think it does (not spread out, but in highth and depth) then flipping that over might be costly as well.

I think they could get away with not flipping the overworld, and stick with one version. Then they could have Link be able to switch back and forth. But again it could be an issue with the amount of alternative setting and configurations they would have to add. I'm really not sure why they said it that way. I wish they were at least trying to work something out while the game is still in production. It's like why not add the feature while you still have time? There must be some reason.

The only thing I can think is that by not adding the ability to switch, in turn they would have more freedom with the wii motes settings and configurations. Maybe they are able to tweak and add more motions because they took out the left hand feature? just an example.

Kombatgod

Timeline Exegete
I'm trying as hard as I can, but I'm not able ro find any relation between the right handle and the wire.

I hope the problem isn't that every time you try to switch the remote with the nunchuck you end up tying your hands with the wire...

I don't understand why we need left handed link anyway? I'm left handed and I choose to use the right hand with the wii mote simply because I don't like using an analog stick with my right hand.

I don't understand why we need left handed link anyway? I'm left handed and I choose to use the right hand with the wii mote simply because I don't like using an analog stick with my right hand.

I agree. I'm right handed and I play TP with my left hand sometimes. It's really not a big deal.

OP, I'm not completely sure what you are saying. What does the wire have to do with Link being right handed. The wire doesn't force you to use the Wiimote in your right hand, if that's what you are saying.

I don't think it's that they can't, it's that they won't. I'm sure they know how to make alternate setting for the game, sadly they might see that ability to switch the setting as a drain on the overall game. It could be that adding that feature has drawbacks. Perhaps there are so many items with so many configurations that if Nintendo added the right had to left hand switch then all those items would need an alternate configurations as well. Maybe the whole map might be flipped as a result. If Skyward Sword has a really big overworld world like I think it does (not spread out, but in highth and depth) then flipping that over might be costly as well.

I think they could get away with not flipping the overworld, and stick with one version. Then they could have Link be able to switch back and forth. But again it could be an issue with the amount of alternative setting and configurations they would have to add. I'm really not sure why they said it that way. I wish they were at least trying to work something out while the game is still in production. It's like why not add the feature while you still have time? There must be some reason.

The only thing I can think is that by not adding the ability to switch, in turn they would have more freedom with the wii motes settings and configurations. Maybe they are able to tweak and add more motions because they took out the left hand feature? just an example.

It kinda make sense that it will take up the space. But in that case why not just let the game be Left Handed only? I mean sure lots of people are Right Handed but why not make it a Left Handed game. I mean there are very few people who are left handed I mean they could try to learn to be left handed it would be a good thing.

If its Left Handed other people would/should try to learn to be Left Handed I mean for example some people want to learn to use left hand but they are right handed and the Skyward Sword Left Handed game can help them(If its ever gonna be made Left Handed) or something.

Okay maybe a video game isn't such a good way to learn left handed but atleast I thought of something. At least everyone should try to think about it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom