• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wine: red or white?

Red or white wine?

• Red

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • White

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Honey wine also known as mead is the best kind.

I don't really LIKE white wine but I can stomach a bottle of it or champagne to get tipsy with my Grandparents. I don't favour any brands in particular, they are the wine drinkers so they pick for me.

Red on the other hand is a vile drink. Worse because it has to be drunk at room temperature which makes it worse.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
White wine is much more pleasant to drink. I always imagined that the flavors of most red and white wines would be the opposite where reds were sweet and white wine was much more bitter or sour, but looks are deceiving.

A friend of mine actually works at a winery in Florida, so I had the opportunity to taste a lot of different types. I had one really good red wine once, but it was home made and at a party where a kid had taken it from his dad's wine cellar, but it was definitely better than most store bought red wines I had tried before.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I gotta give it to White. Although I'm not an avid wine drinker, I've had it at a few special occasions, and I do tend to lean towards white. It tastes better, and it seems a lot smoother for the most part. That's not to say the red wine I had was bad, it just wasn't as pleasant to drink, and it's probably not something I'd buy (whereas I'd definitely buy white wine).

D

Deleted member 14134

Better dead than red. Actually better dead than any wine, give me rum.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Red, of course! It fits formal occasions and has an, in my opinion, much more nuanced taste!
But I suppose you really have to learn how to drink it. Most of my best friends happen to be German, and some of them are a bit.... well, posh and they like to do everything as formal as possible. I don't think I would have discovered red wine as much if I would not have been hanging out with them

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I'm not too picky when it comes to alcohol - I've had both red and white and enjoy both. Though if I had to choose, I'm a big fan of Jacob's Creek Moscato White. Great flavour for a good price.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I've only ever had one sip of red wine. It was Merlot and I nearly threw up. It's like cough syrup times ten.
Now, when I smell any red wine, I gag.
And I work in a small restaurant where the job of making and serving drinks always falls to me so that's pretty often, actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom