• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Windwaker Review

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
After i finfished zelda PH, i had the urge to play windwaker again.
then i started thinking what made the game so good? first of all i think that it has a great storyline, the feel of the game is unique with the cell shaded grapics, some people may call it childish but i think its quite rare. the freedom of the game is large.

when i played it my first time i was suprised that the game was big. the fighting style of link was well made, and i love the parry attack, i never can get enough of the parry attack. the game had everythink what a zelda game. magic meter, classic and new items. equipment.
and this time there was a little humor in it.

i may sound crazy but i think this game is a slight better then TP.
so i give a 10 out of 10 for this game.
my reason, because the game was well made and it felt complete. it had everthing what a zelda game needed.

so what is your opinion about it?

W

Wisey

I never had a gamecube, so I never got to play Windwaker. Eventually I'll have to buy a GC controller and the game, but it'll be in tough to beat out Twilight Princess as my favorite game of all time.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I've played much of the Wind Waker but I have never beaten it. Much like Twilight Princess, just was never able to fully get into it enough to beat it. There was a period of a few weeks where I played this every so often, much like TP, but never beat.

That being said, I really did like it. The huge hit it always takes is the graphics. Now that several years have passed, I think this is a rather flawed arguement. I can see why people thought Wind Waker would be something more after that Gamecube tech demo with Ganondorf and Link battling, but I think the Wind Waker is the most beautiful game out to date. Yes, that includes games like Twilight Princess, Gears of War, or anything else. Sure it's not realistic, but when there is no standard that you need to live up to, you set your own limits and I think Wind Waker really did do that. I feel that the environments that were created are unmatched even today.

From a gameplay aspect, from what I have played with the game, the story was interesting, and the game in general was just a bit easy. Dungeon design was pretty good, up to Zelda standard. Would love to have seen a better inventory but thats just a minor complaint.

Someday, maybe when I take the time to completely redo the Wind Waker section on the site, I will finally complete this game and give it the proper credit it deserves.

T

Taakeslottet

I definitly agree with you about Windwaker being of slightly higher caliber than Twilight Princess. When I think about WW I get this nice naustalgic feeling, with Twilight Princess I don't. The fighting style is so much smoother than in Twilight Princess and in any previous Zelda titles.

I would give it a 9/10.

H

HELLO_LINK

It's really a great game, with its unique graphics, its marvelous storyline, and Link's nice and flashy moves, along with a lot of freedom in this game with many other great pluses. But it isn't the best game, and that is why I am giving it a 9/10. The reason I'm giving it a 9 is because of the lack of dungeons, since there are like 5 main ones or so. Also, the game was a bit short compared to a few other greats in the series, but nonetheless it still is one of the top games, and one of the best on the Gamecube.

xandar

World's Dumbest Zombie.
I think Wind Waker was a fantabulous game. That's right, it was so good that I can't even describe it with real words. The bosses were always keeping me on my toes, and the enemies too. It was kinda cool. It had that difficulty of the original, just trying to kill eight darknuts while avoiding the others. ****e, that was painful.

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
Wind Waker was one of my favorite games. I remember being disappointed when I saw the screens for it in Nintendo Power, but the gameplay is incredible! It's such a huge game, and it's replay value was good too. Loved the music, graphics flowed nicely, and the overall storyline was incredible. The only thing I didn't like about it was the Forsaken Fortress...

I'd like to see a Zelda game that is more open. More choices the player gets to make, instead of given a task and told to do it. Then again, and again, and again. Regardless though the Wind Waker was more fun than any other Zelda game I've ever played. (keep in mind I don't have PH yet)

I agree 10/10 =)

Claire

The Geekette
All I can say is that I adore Wind Waker, by far my favourite Zelda game. Why? Because I don't have to follow the main story and I can venture wherever, and just explore the area. The story is good as well, man. This makes me want to play.

I suppose once I finish the second quest of The Legend of Zelda, then I'll play the others to be able to play Wind Waker again.

M

MiniMeMilo

There's not a whole lot else I can say that hasn't been said already. I was a little dissappointed whe my little brother beat it before I did, but I was rubbing it in his face when I had more heart containers than him and did it in almost half the time.

At first I was kind of skeptic to the game, since the graphics weren't very realistic and seemed very "kid-ish" to me. I have to admit, I was surprised. I still haven't beaten the second quest so I don't know if there's a special ending or extra items or anything.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
There's not a whole lot else I can say that hasn't been said already. I was a little dissappointed whe my little brother beat it before I did, but I was rubbing it in his face when I had more heart containers than him and did it in almost half the time.

At first I was kind of skeptic to the game, since the graphics weren't very realistic and seemed very "kid-ish" to me. I have to admit, I was surprised. I still haven't beaten the second quest so I don't know if there's a special ending or extra items or anything.

second quest isn 't that special
only thing is you got the pictobox deluxe at the start and link wears his blue clothes all the time. the other thing is that the "hylian text" is translated. anything else is the same.

linkman8

True and Noble
Yeah, but it's fun to see, nonetheless.
I liked Wind Waker. The reason I first got it was because of the preview for the game that was on the Collector's Edition for GCN, and I was really excited for it. I was only like 12 or something when I got it, but it was really fun. I feel the cel-shading showed facial expressions and the like more clearly, but wasn't incredibly graphically appealing, not that it matters.
Overall I can't say it was better than Twilight Princess, but it was loads of fun.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
i liked wind waker a lot. The facial expressions are very good thanks to the celshaded graphics and they put some humor in the game. i liked to make pictures of enemies and characters to collect figurines in the 'second' quest. the only downside is the number of bosses (only 7 i thought).

I liked TWW a lot...I don't have it anymore, but I still have my GCN memory card with my save data on it :p

I'm thinking about getting it again; it was a great game.

F

firebunnies123

I loved wind waker. I recently started playing it again. I give it a 9/10. This and phantom hourglass are series by themselves. I just thought the bossess were a little too easy. like the helmaroc king. just hit him on the head with the hammer when he pecks down at u.

I went to GameStop and bought a copy of TWW yesterday, and I checked my save files and the last time I played it was on June 15th 2005 :p

Anyway I was playing TWW earlier today, and I noticed how much of a pansy Prince Komali is, lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom