• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wind Waker with Realistic Graphics.....

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I don't see what the big deal is with tWW's expressions. Some of them felt horribly...fake...and the rest just offered nothing to me. Ooh look, Link is happy that he found money! Ooh look, Link doesn't understand what Ganondorf is saying! Ooh look Link looks scared!

Well no kidding. If I found $50, I'd be happy too. If I hadn't played OoT, I'm sure Ganondorf's speech would have confused me too. And yes, getting flung from a catapult and having some old man pull his sword on you is scary. But that is natural human reaction. This tells me nothing about Link or anyone else. Facial expressions help, but they can't do it alone. And the way they popped up sometimes in Wind Waker (like Tetra when she finds out Link was to stowaway) just look fake...almost as fake as the ones in OoT.

In TP, watching Link's facial expression of worry turn to pride over Colin was much more emotional and told me so much more than anything I saw in Wind Waker. I admit that's because there was more dialogue and story to go with it, but in the end, Wind Waker's faces felt like masks sometimes. They would change too quickly, and look so much like a cartoon, that I wouldn't get immersed into it. TP (and SS for that matter) had actual transition in the faces and it felt more...real.

Wind Waker's faces look like this: Happy. Sad. Angry. Shocked. Annoyed. It's like talking to the HMS 24/7

Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword faces would look more like this: Happy.....Sad.......Angry.......Shocked......Annoyed. It feels more...human.

Wind Waker's faces weren't bad when it was first released, but I don't see what the big fuss is now.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
No. Just no. I do not want to see this game remade with realistic graphics, in fact, one of the reasons it's my favorite game is because of the graphics it has now. There's nothing wrong with its graphics, some people are just picky about what their games look like.

I really like the graphics it has, and they fit the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom