• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wind Waker Minimalist Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is basicly; what items are required to beat the game (any%) without glitches, and are getting the sea chart not allowed?:thinking:

Nicole

luke is my wife
I'm currently doing a 3 Hearter on WW, not a minimalist run. Good luck to ya!

Required items: Telescope, Hero's Sword and Shield, Wind Waker, Grappling Hook, Deku Leaf, Boomerang, Bombs, Bow and Arrows (regualr, fire, ice AND light), Master Sword, Skull Hammer, Mirror Shield, and the Hookshot. You cannot get any bottles, the bait bag, any bomb, arrow, magic, or wallet upgrades, and heart pieces and/or containers.

Sea charts can't always be avoided. So, no, I wouldn't stress not getting them, as long as you don't use them.
You might need them to go Triforce hunting.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
You need the Triforce charts to go
Triforce Hunting
and obviously you need required items. Not sure about the bare minimum.

EDIT ok sorry for the not spoiler thing; I got dereped which made me sad. OK I don't know how to do it so if someone could tell me how to include spoilers that'd be great. I hate people harshing on me.

Last edited:

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I'm currently doing a 3 Hearter on WW, not a minimalist run. Good luck to ya!

Required items: Telescope, Hero's Sword and Shield, Wind Waker, Grappling Hook, Deku Leaf, Boomerang, Bombs, Bow and Arrows (regualr, fire, ice AND light), Master Sword, Skull Hammer, Mirror Shield, and the Hookshot. You cannot get any bottles, the bait bag, any bomb, arrow, magic, or wallet upgrades, and heart pieces and/or containers.

All that the Soldier of Link said, except that one bottle is required to beat the game. The one Medli gives you near the entrance of Dragon Roost Cavern.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Meh. Turns out I lied. The bait bag is needed,
just for Triforce hunting.

Just found that out myself. :P

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
Agree with soldier of link, EXCEPT that you also need a wallet upgrade, as chart deciphering takes 398 rupees and the first wallet can only hold 200 of them

MrLuigi

Theorist
Doesn't seem so minimal now. How about you get as far as possible with the bare items and quit and say you did?

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Someone put a reputation on my saying why did I put something from a spoiler tag to the outside? Because I'm new here and don't really know how to do it. SO!

why would you need the bait bag for triforce hunting?, plus, you actually get one heart piece from Komali's father in the mailbox

Caeda

Keyblade Master
why would you need the bait bag for triforce hunting?, plus, you actually get one heart piece from Komali's father in the mailbox

You have to use a pear to get a triforce chart. And they mean any non-requred heart pieces.

To clarify, you need:

all dungeon items
1 wallet upgrade
1 bottle
Hero's sword
Hero's sheild
Master Sword
Spoils Bag
Bait Bag
a pear
Fire Arrows
Ice Arrows
all Wind Waker songs exept for the Song of Passing

Did I miss any?

edit: Oh the telescope and the Pirate's charm

oh, thanks! what about beedles chart, INcredible chart and stuff like that, are you allowed to use them?

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
I think that the INcredible chart is required, there's no other way(unless you have it memorized) to find the Triforce Shards, unless maybe you go constantly ask fish...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom