• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wind Waker- Memories

E

Ejay845

Well I am new to the forum, but not to the site. But I just wanted to ask what was your favorite memory of the Wind Waker, or most rememberable.
The last memory I had was when rarely I would see the ghost ship, I needed to get there for a piece of the tri-force, I'd just run into it with my little red ship and nothing would happen lol it'd just disappear obviously. I looked at cheats and walkthroughs
like IGN and stuff, but I couldn't really understand where to go. If I were to read it again I might understand it more, becuase a lot of the things
that I favor today were from when I was really young. But I won't read it again. That memory that I told you about, it was my last sadly, becuase
I don't have the game anymore becuase, well I don't know, but I knew I couldn't play it anymore, so what's the point of having it? Except for it to taunt me especially since I couldn't get pass a part, so I traded it into the bad trade-in gamestop. I love gamestop, but when you trade in some games, they give you the worst prices! I tested it out to see if it was with everygame, when the new game "Sims Agents" or what ever came out, for around 50 dollars, and they said I get 14$ for it :/- Anyway, back on track, yeah I traded in the game, no longer having it, years ago. Now I wish I had it in my grasp me being the semi-expert (not gloating, but I'm not THAT good I'm just very familiar with stories and gaming tips) so that I can finally get that last peice and continue the epic game that was, I did a lot to get there. But after I gave it in, with the memory on my GameCube card haunting me I also deleted the memory off of my GC card : ( . So if I got the game

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
My best memory of it is when Ganon's curse makes it night time for always until you get Jabun's pearl. The music and atmosphere was a bit scary for me as a kid and I really enjoy the thrill of a tense atmosphere and the sense of urgency.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
What I remember is sneaking around the what seemed huge forsaken fortress inside of a barrel, and having my little child heart jump out of my chest whenever a moblin would spin around and that sound would play. I also remember the moment of getting the master sword and emerging from the basement to fight countless recently unfrozen monsters and enemies

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
What I remember is sneaking around the what seemed huge forsaken fortress inside of a barrel, and having my little child heart jump out of my chest whenever a moblin would spin around and that sound would play. I also remember the moment of getting the master sword and emerging from the basement to fight countless recently unfrozen monsters and enemies

Oh yes!!! I LOVED that part! My memories are the Forsaken Fortress both times and of course the two sages Medli and Makar. I felt a bit sad to take them away and not to see them around anymore on their own Islands

E

Ejay845

Oh yes!!! I LOVED that part! My memories are the Forsaken Fortress both times and of course the two sages Medli and Makar. I felt a bit sad to take them away and not to see them around anymore on their own Islands

Spoiler Alert! Lol I don't even think I can remember them if I even got there.
:D The Fortress I rememeber the most, aswell as the castle, becuase in wind waker, if you look at the back ground it's the one from Ocarina of Time when you enter Zelda's Castle soon to be Gannons, then Zelda's again.

I also remember that little, or big dragon on Rooster Island, where you had to swing on his tail, then fight him and also when I'd get stuck I'd have a pear and start flying
seagles and stuff lol. One thing I will never forget for some reason is this one room in the temple or dungeon or what ever where your are very close to the dragon.

Pen

The game is on!
My strongest memory from The Wind Waker was when I was doing a play through of the game with a friend of mine (who was quite bad at Zelda in general back then). My friend was the one fighting against Gohdan in the Tower of the Gods. He did manage to defeat the boss, however, his health had run down to a half or maybe one heart. After the battle when the Heart Container and the portal appeared he ran straight into the portal, leaving the Heart Container behind. If this would happen in any other dungeon it wouldn't have been such a big deal, but the thing is that after the battle agains Gohdan you have to go down to Hyrule Castle and fight all of these Darknuts and Moblins with almost no Recovery Hearts. I did manage to defeat them, but I don't think I've ever played WW as carefully as I did then.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
My favorite was at the very beginning whenever Link entered the woods to save his sister and for some reason it just really got to me and it has stuck ever since.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
Link being launched into the Forsaken Fortress and splatting into the Tower of the Gods. creases me up every time

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Too many moments to mention.
Getting launched at the Forsaken Fortress.
The first time you raise the sail and head out on the ocean.
Playing the Battleship-esque minigame with the marvellous Salvatore ("Splish").
The Molgera boss battle.
Finding out who Tetra and The King of Red Lions really are (that entire section under Hyrule Castle was bloomin' brilliant).
The first encounter with Ganondorf.
That final battle atop the tower.

Wind Waker is one of the greatest games ever made.

Theunholyganon

Embrace the fear inside.
My favorite memory is when you first step foot on Dragon Roost Island and the awesome music and atmosphere tells you that you are entering the huge world of Wind Waker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom