• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

[Wind Waker] How was I supposed to do the second picture quest on Windfall??!!

This mission was ridiculous! How in the world is anyone supposed to do this without some sort of guide or something?!! Seriosuly? Spoiler alert: You have to go into a stupid bar and knock some stupid plates and cups over! Is anyone supposed to figure this out without a guide and just get lucky??!! I love how this mission utilized no logic whatsoever and just expected the player to figure that stuff out through just sheer luck. Any people call you stupid for no being able to figure out Zelda when most of these puzzles are just pure luck.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
It’s really not that much of a stretch.

The entire game, or series for that matter, is about exploring the world around you and figuring out the secrets of every nook and cranny. Just talking to the guy gives you a decent understanding of his personality, and from there you just have to figure out how to frighten him.

Now the love letter picture on the other hand can go straight to hell.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I don't remember how I figured these quests out because I have been playing wind waker for so long. But I can definitely say that any longtime Zelda fan has a nasty habit of rolling into stuff for fun, so seeing the man lose his crap is probably a common occurrence for someone like me

Zelda and other puzzle games are interesting because they have a sort of logic that tends to carry over from game to game, like the eye enemies in skyward sword. Usually a far off eye enemy indicates to me that I need to find a ranged method of attack, but skyward sword had a completely different solution that made me struggle when a new player might find it simple. Or, consider a group of inconspicuous unlit torches in an otherwise empty room. New players might scour the room for clues while enfranchised players will immediately see a torch lighting puzzle.

MW7

I definitely looked it up when I first played. At least Windfall isn't gigantic so it's not impossible to imagine people figuring it out on their own by wandering around. It didn't bug me that much because it wasn't required to beat the game.

This particular picture quest wasn't too difficult to me, since I already knew by then that I could destroy glass, but I do see where you're coming from. There were times in Zelda games, and even others, that I gave up and checked a walkthrough only to think "oh I didn't even know I could do that."

The entire game, or series for that matter, is about exploring the world around you and figuring out the secrets of every nook and cranny. Just talking to the guy gives you a decent understanding of his personality, and from there you just have to figure out how to frighten him.

So did you figure it out on your own or look it up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom