• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Wind Waker HD- the Wrong Choice?

WWHD? Is it a bad decision?

• Yep

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope

• Undecided

• Total voters

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I remember seeing a thread similar to this a while back and my thoughts stay the same outcome the matter.

The Wind Waker is largely one of the most popular games in the franchise, I would put it up with the top titles in the series, or the stereotypical view on what the best games in the franchise are. Basically, by majority, The Wind Waker is one of the more popular Zelda games, so I feel for that it deserved some what of a look in.

However why did they exactly choose this game over the other possible options? Well again I think it's perfectly logical. TWW has passed that ten year mark now, I guess it can be classified as an "old" game now, which sounds really depressing btw. So with the eighth generation now very much present, that pushes the Gamecube even further back, decreasing accessibility. Since GCN games aren't avaliable on the E-Shop yet then it makes the game a lot less accessible. Since the Wii U supports BC, it basically leaves the Wii useless, unless one intends to treat it as a GCN of sorts however this won't be the case with most. This lack of accessibility and increasing age of the game itself has increased price, with a higher price it will surely put off some buyers. So I guess by this notion, it was Nintendo's intention to bring this game, not only to existing fans, but newer fans that will come with the market of the Wii U.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This is off-topic, but why is Gamecube abbreviated GCN?

GCN because of the NGC galaxies or so I recall. Regardless, I still think TWW is the weaker choice; people just didn't like TWW thanks to its art style and HD isn't anything significantly different from screenshots. Let's see how it plays out in real time.

Salem

SICK
I think because since its named Nintendo gamecube, it should be abbreviated NGC, but there is already another console that has the abbreviation NGC, and it is the neo geo pocket colour. so the switched around the N. I'm not sure thats true or not, I remember reading it in a magazine YEARS and YEARS ago, so i don't even remember if it's just speculation or an actual fact. I could have just imagined it of course:S

Last edited:

Well officially it's abbreviated as NGC in Japan which obviously stands for Nintendo GameCube. whereas In English speaking countries it's the same words in a different order pretty much, but because GCN sounds more recognizable than NGC, I guess we settled for that abbreviation.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
It's not really up to us to decide what the right and wrong choices are in the gaming industry. We're all going to buy the stupid game anyway, aren't we?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's not really up to us to decide what the right and wrong choices are in the gaming industry. We're all going to buy the stupid game anyway, aren't we?

Not all of us are, and I doubt too many people who owned the original TWW will purchase this madness. :I

If TWW was not warmly received, why would an HD version do any better? People aren't raving for TWW, they're raving for MM.:I

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Not all of us are, and I doubt too many people who owned the original TWW will purchase this madness. :I

If TWW was not warmly received, why would an HD version do any better? People aren't raving for TWW, they're raving for MM.:I

I actually had no idea people didn't like TWW :/ But anyway maybe Nintendo is forcing us to wait for a MM remake because as we all know, everything is better the longer wait for it.

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
We've only seen a few screenshots as of now, so it's difficult to tell how much they're going to stray away from the original. For all we know, they may well have redone the visuals to make it look even more like the Gamecube version did.

Personally, I think it's a good decision. This is because there won't really be anything else in this kind of style on the Wii U, and it also allows Nintendo to experiment with how they can use their hardware as well as making the fans happy. WW is one of the fan favourites, and people don't really like it, they love it. If they go with a more realistic style for the main Wii U title, this is a nice way of paying homage to the people that preferred the more cartoony style. This way, they can satisfy almost every Zelda fan out there. WWHD will also feel like a new game because of the before mentioned 'added extras'.

This plan works, if they decide on a realistic main title. Either way, I'm bloody excited for Wind Waker HD's release! :)

ILU

i luv u

I certainly will. And the way it's being hyped by marketers is probably going to help a lot.

How TWW was initially received doesn't really matter at this point, at least I don't think. When it came out, the big thing in the industry was gritty FPS. While gritty FPS are still popular, artistic styles have become much more common and appreciated since TWW's original release (Prince of Persia, Viewtiful Joe, Borderlands, Eternal Sonata, Vesperia, Okami, Muramasa, Max Payne, Enslaved, Trine, Epic Mickey, etcetcetcetcetcyougetmypointetc). Being "toon" isn't the visual handicap it used to be.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
i voted they made the wrong decision on one opinion, the fact that i just recently played TWW a Month ago, and i really though it looked better than any Wii Title i had seen bar SS.

I think they Pull TWW back out way to early cuz there is not gonna be much a difference graphics wise. just more Depth. that all they can add to what the Game Cube could already offer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom