• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Wind Waker HD Has Remastered Music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdX3GgxF6-8

The Windfall Island theme is noticeably different.

Click here for a more direct comparison.

The melodies remain the same, but the instruments used seem to be of higher quality. This actually excites me considering WW has one of the best Zelda soundtracks, in my opinion at least. I'm confused as to why Nintendo decided not to advertise this, because quite frankly, this is a huge selling point for me.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Dem ocean sounds. :O

I must say, I am thoroughly pleased with the musical direction this game is taking. If the entire game has an orchestrated soundtrack, then it will very likely pass Skyward Sword as my favourite soundtrack.

I'm really stoked for this game, even though it will likely be a long time before I end up with a Wii U in my possession.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Music has such an important role in the tone and feel of atmosphere of Zelda games. Many of OoT's and MM's best parts are complemented by epic music. It can be so memorable when it's good. Each Zelda game has it's own music to complement it, and this sounds like a change for the better on WW's part. This is a major boost to the new version.

Seems like The Wind Waker HD is giving me the same dilemma Ocarina of Time 3D did. I really do like the improvements, and the music is a big one since The Wind Waker does have an amazing soundtrack that deserves to be fully realized as an orchestra. At the same time, though, are all the changes worth the high price tag? I already own The Wind Waker, after all, so now I have to decide if I really want to upgrade or if I'll just watch somebody else upgrade to get a good impression of the game. I guess time will tell.

Great, now I feel like playing The Wind Waker. Not such a bad thing, though...

linkypete

I am the very model of a modern major-general
I am very excited for the release of the wind waker HD. I heard the remastered music and I love it. I can't wait to hear dragon roost island and daphnes nohansen hyrule's theme.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
I love everything. Life is great right now. All I need to do is get that Wii U Bundle, and I'll be set to SAIL IN A NEW HD WORLD.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
this is so amazing, wind waker hd is a hit, it will move many Wii U consoles, i cannot wait. it's so great for nitnendo to reorchestrate the music, it shows they are putting TRUE HEART AND SOUL into this product; it isn't a silly port as Ocarina of Time 3D was because the music demonstrates this.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
OMG... I wish I knew this before my last mailbag. Cause updating the music is A HUGE improvement for WW HD and defiantly excites me. Don't get me wrong I love WW's Soundtrack, but this will by far and away be better.

Surprisingly enough, this was something on my mind recently. The addition of Remastered Music will go a long way in upping the experience of the game for me. I'm excited. I think this will be great for the game and sales.

Fig

The Altruist
Yay! I'm so happy that Nintendo decided to remaster the music in Wind Waker HD! I personally love WW's soundtrack and is on my top 3 out of all soundtracks in the Zelda series. I can't wait to listen to the beautiful music from an amazing and epic game that is Wind Waker! Now that the soundtrack will be remastered, I can't wait to enjoy my own adventure even more. :xd:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Yay! I'm so happy that Nintendo decided to remaster the music in Wind Waker HD! I personally love WW's soundtrack and is on my top 3 out of all soundtracks in the Zelda series. I can't wait to listen to the beautiful music from an amazing and epic game that is Wind Waker! Now that the soundtrack will be remastered, I can't wait to enjoy my own adventure even more. :xd:

Indeed. Looks like TWW HD has turned out to be a much better remake than OoT 3D, even if OoT is a superior game.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It is a huge selling point for me also. I thought the melodies in WW were very good, but to bring a game like that into modern times not just graphics should be updated, but the sound as well. When I heard about this I was hugley excited. I have watched a clip of the Ghoma battle from that game and the music is noticeably improved over the original. They have some realistic sounding timpani in there making the battle seem more epic and the strings sound so much more natural.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom