• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Wind Waker HD Cuts Multiplayer Concept~

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
[video=youtube;WkFJOe5z5lI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkFJOe5z5lI[/video]

As you can see in the video, as well as the ensuing script, Aonuma and friends have cut the multiplayer component of The Wind Waker in the HD version. How do you feel about this.

LinksHideaway: I have a question. Where'd you get the message in the bottle from? What gave you that idea?

Eiji Aonuma: I think people are aware of the message in a bottle concept. That concept works really well when the environment is the sea, so it was something that I thought was a natural, it really made sense for this particular environment as a communication device.

In addition to that,
When asked why the team chose not to use the 3DS as the Tingle Tuner, Aonuma said that the team wanted to focus on the social aspect of Miiverse. The Tingle Tuner was originally used as a way for one player to help the main player through the Game Boy Advance. Now it’s as though the whole world is helping players, so the spirit of the device is left intact.

Source.: Aonuma on why the 3DS isn’t used in Zelda: Wind Waker HD for the Tingle Tuner | Nintendo Everything

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Good. Zelda doesn't need multiplayer, and I'm sick of so many games/series that are clearly designed to be single player only take on multiplayer just because Halo and Call of Duty were successful because of it (Uncharted, Tomb Raider, God of War, The Last of Us... I'm looking at you). It's a cheap cash-in that follows the "me too" attitude that has plagued the 7th generation, and it's way past old. Props to Aonuma.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
To be honest, I never used the multiplayer concept in The Wind Waker. I always just used the Tingle Tuner by myself, so I am really not hurt by this.

I like the new message in a bottle thing, it will encourage players to use Miiverse more often.

Yuki Cross

Attack on Titan~!!!
I don't really want multiplayer anyway on Wind Waker. It matches certain games, but I don't see it working for a Zelda game. That's just what I think, and I'm happy there's no multiplayer in WW.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Good. Zelda doesn't need multiplayer, and I'm sick of so many games/series that are clearly designed to be single player only take on multiplayer just because Halo and Call of Duty were successful because of it (Uncharted, Tomb Raider, God of War, The Last of Us... I'm looking at you). It's a cheap cash-in that follows the "me too" attitude that has plagued the 7th generation, and it's way past old. Props to Aonuma.
I wasn't aware that stretching the goodness of a franchise like Zelda to another player was a "cheap cash-in", especially since they're doing it at no extra cost. :I

Ventus

Mad haters lmao

No extra ingame cost* at any rate, the Tingle Tuner bit was completely optional, so you're not hurt by the experience being in there. I can say that the Miiverse/Tingle Bottle integration will not be an apt replacement. :I

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I'm almost convinced to buy this at full price now...I hated the Tingle Tuner with all my soul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom