• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Wind Waker, Fast Sailing?

jack546

The chosen one
What do you think of the new fast sailing HD? Personally I think it ruins what the original GameCube version stands for. Sailing wasn't a waste of time. sailing like level grinding in an RPG. As you sail you spend time climbing a metaphorical mountain you have to take your time and battle through difficult temples to restore power to the master sword. And when you reach the top of that mountain and shove the master sword into Gannon's forehead it is that much sweeter.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I personally feel that sailing in the original was TOO SLOW and UNENGAGING. So the fast travel is WONDERFUL. It is like being able to skip a totally IRRELEVANT portion of the game. :)

JK.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
How can it be considered grinding? You're not gaining any experience from it, and very little happens while on the seas. That's not grinding, it's the equivalent of a long loading screen. I welcome the ability to speed up the tedious and boring sailing with open arms.

I just hate that it's not available from the get-go. :dry:

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Nintendo should rethink fast sailing. There are few dangerous areas in TWW with sharks, towers and warships. Fast sailing should be permanently disabled in that areas, otherwise this will make the game hard.

DarkLink17

Well then
I thought the sailing speed of the original WW was just fine. Sailing the great sea was a very huge element of the game, and fast sailing would take some of that essence away.

I never had any problems with the sailing pace in the original game. Rather than feeling tedious, it felt relaxing to me, and it really allowed you to take in the beauty of the rolling waves and the cries of seagulls overhead. Besides, there was plenty of distractions out on the open sea including enemies, treasure to haul up, and oddities to investigate such as floating rafts, submarines, and gun platforms.

Still, I definitely understand the point of view of the people who say the sailing was too slow. I'm glad those you of you who feel this way will now have a way to cut down on the monotony. Heck, I'll probably end up using the super speed too, because God knows I can get pretty impatient from time to time. :cool:

I just hope the "press A to go fast" icon in the E3 gameplay footage isn't constantly present, or at least we have an option to disable it. Right now, it's rather distracting, at least to my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom