• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wind Waker Enemy Weapon Use in Skyward Sword?

R

Riku Kisuke

In wind waker as you fought enemies you could make them drop there weapons, use there weapons against them, and even get them to hit each other. Do you think this should also be the case for skyward sword? if yes why, if no why not? :)

Yes, i do, it makes me feel like the world is more alive, and I also want it to have as many enemy animations as in WW (yawning etc.)

Yes, im currently playing through the WW and the combat is my favourite out of any Zelda game. Its so fun smacking a Darknut with its own huuuge sword.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
I don't think SwS will have it, because of the motion controls. Think of how hard it would be to program motion controls for a one handed sword, and then you have to do it for a two handed sword, etc.

Oh, and I wasn't a fan of the Wind Waker combat, it was too easy.

That'd be pretty cool, but probably hard to pull off for the developers. I hope there are at least SOME enemies from whom you can snatch their weapons out their hands with the Whip.

ZeldaDungeon

Dungeoneer
That would be cool If they put that in SS, I liked how you could pick up enemy weapons, like in WW I pwned with Phantom Gannons weapon!

Djinn

and Tonic
I loved this in WW, the fact that anything could be a weapon made things much more interesting. Also the fact that near the beginning the weapons dropped off Moblins were actually more powerful than the sword Link was carrying, it gave an extra emphasis to attack certain enemies that you could otherwise avoid completely without them noticing you. And fighting the rest of the enemies in the room was a bit easier after getting the enemy weapon. Plus it was fun to have some extra reach when using the spear. That made swinging around at keese and redeads a little better.

This was something I thought of when I first saw the video displaying the motion controls, I hoped that they would include the enemy weapons that you could randomly pick up and use. And if so, then they should include a few more things to play with if varying sizes and amounts of damage they can give. Say a Darknut sword might be a little more powerful than the sword you normally use, but it will break after say, 10 or so hits. Or a dagger grabbed off a Bokoblin would have little to no range at all, but could be an instant kill item is you stab just the right spot. This could also be a use for the shield meter, there could be other items and shields you could steal off a dead moblin or Darknut and use until their damage meter runs out then you have to go get another. I can just imagine roaming back to previous rooms in a dungeon to collect up a new shield and dagger before entering the boss room.

R

Riku Kisuke

they don't neccesarily have to be motion controled it could be applyed to one of the controler buttons such as the A button with "swing" on it but still having access to you're own weapon.

It would be awesome (I particularly liked swinging the weapon like a baseball bat), but I think that was a one time thing with WW.

Fierce

Deity Link
I seriously doubt it since the game is called Skyward Sword... meaning the sword itself is the the key focus item. Also, it has been stated that there will be parts where you lose your weapon and must solve puzzles without force.

The fact that in the transition from WW to TP they removed the feature makes me feel strongly that it won't be coming back. To be quite honest, I found the weapons useless in Wind Waker and it didn't add much to the gameplay.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
As much as I doubt they'll be in the game, I think it would be really cool. This is a feature that I really liked from WW and so I wouldn't have a problem with it coming back. While it might be difficult for use with Motion Control, like someone said, it needn't been a motion control weapon.

Con-man

Master Swordsman
Don't you dare tell me it would be hard to program, they've made us wait so long, this game better have everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom