• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Wind Waker Create an Island

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I would create an island a tiny bit smaller than Outset Island. It's name would be "Hero's Island" You would get there after you beat Ganon.It would be vast,and filled with enemies. After you got through all of the enemies, there would be a hole in the ground, which is sort of like the Cave of Ordeals in Twilight Princess, which in Wind Waker there is a version of it called the Savage Labyrinth.

In that hole which is just like the Savage Labyrinth, there would be 100 floors, which would be quite a challenge for most people, so you'd have to store up on bottles with fairies and potions. At the beginning you would pick up a light sword, which is the only item that can hurt the enemies on the floor. The floors will feature regular enemies from the game, so there will be no suprises for new enemies.

At the end of the tunnel/hole there would be an entirely new boss. The boss would be cell-shaded Darklink, which would be arguably just like the dark link from Ocarina of Time. Dark Link would mimic your moves and try to defeat you. The only item that effects him is the Light Sword. Once he has been defeated he will disappear and you will be granted the Triforce.

Then after that, you would have beaten the game, because this battle comes after Ganon.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Well, I went out of my way to render what my impression of an island would be in about 10 minutes. The name of the island is Morst Island. Very simple, where it is a small island that has a lake. However, it has a forest in the center of the island with a secret enterance. Once you get into the forest, there are quite a few enemies waiting for you. Then, it is a bit of Lost Woods as you then climb up a mountain to another patch of woods. This patch of woods on the top of the mountain would serve as a mini-dungeon where you could get a heart container or something like that. It is a fairly simple design and such. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od-HJTIj20c

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
I'd create an expert arcade island which can only be accessed when the game has been completed 100%.
Basically, in SSBB there is an option where you can fight all the bosses from the Sub Space Emissary.
Well, I would do the same here... a dungeon where you fight bosses from previous games and they have all been remastered into cel shaded graphics!
I mean some of the absolute classics!

Obviously, you needed special items for alot of the bosses that you don't have in WW, but hey it was just a suggestion.

Epwna

The epic turnip king
Goronouki island.Similar to Hailfire peaks in banjo-tooie.It's an island with one side inhabited by anouki,other side by gorons.Heres the twist.The gorons live on the cold side and the anouki live on the hot side.

A

Agatha

How about Gladiator Island?

It would feature a wide variety of unique weapons and matches, and rupee prizes. The matches would be re-playable!

I think a small city would be cool. Windfall was pretty good itself. I think if it had some more mini-games it would be even better. Maybe have another part of the island that is less hospitable with a few enemies or something. Maybe even some areas to explore. It would probably be a large island.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Well, my idea is one called Ivory Isle.

It would have an ivory tower in the center that was actually a college filled with various academic sorts who are very condescending towards Link due to his status as a "barbaric sword-slinger." A retroactive change to Sturgeon's room to include a diploma from Ivory Isle University. One of the professors asks Link if he wants to be tested, hinting that he expects him to fail.

If he accepts, the first challenge would be given by the Dungeon Architecture teacher. The teacher would offer a few critical remarks on the static and linear nature of most existing dungeons, and emphasizes how much an element of randomness would throw off potential adventurers. It would consist of a randomly chosen Sokoban-style puzzle (out of three possible iterations), that had to be solved within 10 minutes. If Link failed, he'd get one of the other puzzles next time (eventually they would repeat, but you'd never get the same one twice in a row).

After passing that challenge, you move on the Economics teacher. This teacher would criticize how unrealistic it is to consistently charge the same prices, and talk about how a clever businessman would respond to the market. You would be given 100 "play rupees," and told that in order to pass the test, you have to finish with at least 100 Rupees and a Red Potion. There will be three vendors that all sell the same three items... Red Potion, Bombs, and Arrows (not real ones). One vendor (Kyle) would be selling the Red Potion for 20 rupees, the bombs for 5 rupees, and the Arrows for 10 rupees. Another vendor (Louis) is selling the Red Potion for 40 rupees, the bombs for 10 rupees, and the arrows for 20 rupees. The third vendor (David) would sell Red Potion for 60 rupees, the bombs for 15 rupees, and the arrows for 30 rupees. Each of them will buy your items for half of whatever they're selling it for. Merchants you buy items from raise their prices on the next turn, while merchants you sell to lower their prices. If one merchant sees the other two raise or lower prices, they'll follow suit. A possible solution would go like this: buy bombs from each of the merchants for 30 rupees. Not only will they all raise their prices by 5 rupees, but they'll all see that each other increased prices, and they'll all raise their prices by an additional 5 rupees. Now it will cost 60 rupees to buy bombs from each merchant again, but pay it anyway. You're 90 rupees in the hole, but they all increase their bomb prices by 10 rupees again. Now sell ALL your Bombs to David for 102 rupees, who will lower his prices by 5 rupees. You've got 112 rupees now. Now buy arrows from Kyle and Louis for 30 rupees. They'll increase their prices by 5 rupees, and David will follow suit. Buy more arrows from Kyle and Louis for 40 rupees, and they'll all increase their arrow prices another 5 rupees. If you now sell all your Arrows to David, you'll make 80 rupees and have 122 rupees. Simply buy a Red Potion from Kyle for 20 rupees, and talk to the teacher to win the game (but think how hard it would be to figure out a solution through trial and error).

The last challenge would be from the Arcane Psychology teacher. He'll tell you that you need to confront your unconscious in order to grow as a person, but tell you that there are risks. If you accept, he'll hypnotize you. After you go under, you'll see Dark Link. But you won't be able to reach him because he'll move from right in front of you, to the other side of a maze-like dungeon. This Maze will have keys, switches, and block puzzles much like a normal dungeon, only there will be two differences. One is that you'll need to use ALL of your items in this dungeon, often very close together. It will be shorter than a typical dungeon, but a lot more confusing. and will also have a lot of mechanical traps similar to the Shadow Temple (in lieu of enemies). After you get through it, you'll finally confront Dark Link. He'll be able to use all of your items, so it won't be an easy fight. After you beat him, he'll reveal what the teacher wanted you to learn about yourself... that he is actually a part of yourself that you've rejected, but that he's not entirely evil (though he contains a lot of your unconscious evil side). After this, you'll awaken from the hypnotic state and tell the teacher what you learned. You'll then be sent to the Head Professor.

The Head Professor will congratulate you, though he'll also express a certain degree of disappointment that a non-student was able to complete all of the tests. He'll say that he wishes he could give you a diploma, but that he can't do that unless you pay the tuition and attend classes, which you don't have the time or money to do. So instead, he'll give you some magical knowledge as a recognition of your ability. You'll have a choice between an upgrade that halves the amount of magic that spells cost (like in ALttP), and a new spell very similar to Din's Fire from OoT (though it would be called "Magic Flames" and have an icon that looked like an orange version of the Magic Armor icon).

i have a sorta good idea...ok here it is. it would be called dusk island and when you arrive there you would find a path, two giant boulders, ad some switches which you would have to press in a certain order to get a small key. right next to the switches would be a huge field of poisonous smoke and you would have to go through a certain path to get past the smoke kinda like the lost woods. then you would arrive at two different paths. One would lead you into a underground tunnel with five locked gates and a path to a village. and the other one would lead you up on a hill and on top there would be a hole which when you go inside you would fight a mini boss type thing

when you defeat it you will get a small key and be let out of the hole. on the far right there would be a smaller island with a bridge that connects to Dusk island and 6 floating rocks which you would have to hit in a certain order with your arrows. When you do that you will get another small key. also on the island at the moment there were two villages, on the west side there was narrow field town where you win a small key in a minigame. and on the east side of the island there is sagen village which a unconfirmed race live but at the moment you would not be able to go to the village until later in the game. and on the far west there is a mountain called turtle peak and on top there is a huge bird with a small key and now that you have all 5 keys you can unlock those locked doors which lead to the smoke temple. i havent thought it out yet but the dungeon item would be a billow and the boss would be some sort of thing made of smoke.

i am not sure if it is that good but thats my island :) :goron: :zora: :deku: :sword: :zelda: :ganondorf:

F

FinalFawful

For my island, i would make an island, called Portal Island where there is a portal to the Lost Woods leading to a land called Hymina (A combination of Termina and Hyrule.)there would be the ghosts of bosses from Ocarina of Time (Yay! No Water Temple!), and Majora's Mask in new temples, and finally leading up to a combination of Majora's Wrath and Ganon, called Majanon.

Not creative, but the temples would be all new.

And that's my Island.

Well, my idea is one called Ivory Isle.

It would have an ivory tower in the center that was actually a college filled with various academic sorts who are very condescending towards Link due to his status as a "barbaric sword-slinger." A retroactive change to Sturgeon's room to include a diploma from Ivory Isle University. One of the professors asks Link if he wants to be tested, hinting that he expects him to fail.

I like this idea. I liked all the test ideas too. I wouldn't mind if there were more too it even and you would have to come back later in the game to get to take all of the other tests they have.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Farore's Island

I love Farore so much. On this island, there would be nothing but trees, plants, water, grass, a statue of Farore and a shrine for her, earth homes made of leaves and sticks, and animals.

1. A completly new overworld
2. A huge city with gorons and zoras and normal people with lots of stores side quests and a hiden dungeon like the shadow temple with 4 new tools and a boat upgrade

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I would create an all-theme island. There is forest on the south (where you enter the island), a desert region in the south-west, a lake in the south-east, an ice cavern in the north-east, an area filled with darkness in the north-west, and a fire-pit in the north. In the center, there would be a tower which would lead you to the skies. In each of the 7 themes, there would be a puzzle as well as some enemies related to the theme, and the grand prize would be the Bombos Medallion. It destroys all enemies within a certain range (it uses magic).

TQX

Bow Master
My Island: :D
myisland.png

Description:
- 1x Dungeon
- 6x Mighty Darknuts (Into Dungeon and above island. Total = 12)
- 3x Treasure Chests (Knights Chest, Rupee, Piece of Heart)
- 1x Sea Chart (indicated with red X)
Called: Ruin Island

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom