• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wind Waker 3D: Should They Make It?

P

PacmanHero

It would be pretty cool to see it, but there isnt a reason to have it. The Wii is still a modern console in todays gaming generation, we can always play wind waker on it. Nintendo can always create a whole new zelda game on the 3ds instead. I mean, I would like too see MM in 3d but you can't expect nintendo to remake every zelda game onto the 3ds. :)

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
First of all I strongly agree that Nintendo should make MM on the 3DS like they did with OOT but thats when the remakes should stop. MM should be remade because its a sister game to OOT and it be great to have both of them with new graphics and on handheld. With WW I don't see any reason at all for a remake because it already has amazing graphics, it's still pretty modern and there's really nothing wrong with it. If people want a port of WW I can almost guarantee we will get one on the Wii U or 3DS but most certainly not a remake. It's just not needed and people are being to excessive with the whole "remake" Idea. You don't need to change a game if there's nothing wrong with it.

Wind Waker is personally my favorite game. Without it, I would not be here. Although there has been a lot of hype about a Majoras Mask remake, I would much rather have a Wind Waker remake. Before i'm the most hated person on the forums, let me give you some reasons why I think there should be A remake of Wind Waker. First of all, we have the all-important Tingle Tuner. Because you need a Game boy Advance and an adaptor cord, you could not use it. Without it, you could not 100% the game. I was one of the lucky ones who was able to use the Tingle Tuner, but not every one was able to use it. With an already portable system, you could easily incorporate the Tingle Tuner into the game without any extra accessories. How? A submenu could be added to open up the screen that you would see on the Game Boy Advance. Secondly, the Picto Box. With the use of the 3DS Camera, you can incorporate the Picto Box into the equation. When you take a picture, it would of corse be in 3D, and you would have the option of saving the picture you took onto the system memory. Next on the list, the nintendo gallery. With the Nintendo gallery in the game, you could take a picture of characters of enemies in the game and add them to the gallery. I personally have never completed the gallery, but I know for a fact that the prize is a statuette of Link on The King of Red Lions. As cool as that is, I would have wanted a better prize. Well, with the Idea of a remake, you could easily add a new item that it fun to use, completely optional, and exclusively rewarded for completing the nintendo gallery. Think of all the fun ways to use it (pig abuse). Also, because some of the enemies such as bosses can only be seen one or two times, it was hard to take a color picture of them to add to the Nintendo gallery. Well the solution is a gauntlet ( just like OoT 3D). But instead of only bosses, you could incorporate other enemies too. (just like Spirit Tracks Gauntlet). Although, less enough of enemies to take a picture of them. Where would this go? Savage Labyrinth of course. It would replace the old one with the gauntlet I just described (and you would still get your heart piece and Triforce chart, you could just replay it as many times as you want). Another reason, the music. Wind Waker in my opinion has the best music in the game (here is an example- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldthD...ure=grec_index ). I would love to have a portable Wind Waker where I can play and listen to the music where ever I want, not just on my couch in my room at home. I think the graphics in 3D would look amazing. The final reason, some say that Wind Waker is too easy. Well like they did OoT, there could be a Master Quest Version of Wind Waker. Well what if all enemies did 3X damage, the world is flipped, AND, it takes MORE hits on an enemy for it to be defeated. That would be a challenge.

Over all, I don't mind a remake of Majoras Mask, the game does have its flaws. But what I really want is A Wind Waker remake. The game is old enough. I'm sure there is going to be a Majoras Mask remake, but when that is done, I think a Wind Waker remake should be next on the list. Most of you probably want a new game for the 3DS, but I personally don't there is already enough portable games, why not make a new game on the Wii U? save the 3DS for the remakes. I wouldn't mind a new game for the 3DS, but I want Wind Waker to come first. Nintendo isn't the the only company out there. There's Capcom, and Grezzo, and a whole lot more. All your doing is remaking a game, it shouldn't take as long as making a new game. You already have story, gameplay, and concept. Nintendo could be making a new Zelda game, while Grezzo could remake Wind Waker, it's a Win-Win. A remake for Wind Waker would probably not happen anytime soon, but I REALLY want one in the near future. NOT for the Wii U virtual console but for the 3DS. Not just a port either. it's a 3DS, not a plain old DS Lite. The whole point is to use the 3D.

So what do you think? Do you agree with me? Disagree? Is it likely to happen? or is the not a chance. Im talking about in the near future, like 2-3 years, not THIS year. Why should there be a remake? why not? Give Wind Waker a chance. it's not the worst Zelda game out there. If you want to know the worst, look up wand of Gamalion.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Disagree, I feel it hasn't even 1/1000000000000000000000 of a chance to coming about. Wind Waker isn't ready for a remake, it isn't old enough. And, you have to factor in that the GameCube isn't old either, it is a 6th generation system versus the Nintendo 64's 5th gen. In a few more years, such as when we reach 9th generation game systems, perhaps then the GameCube games will start to see remakes. Until then, TWW and TP have next to no chance.

And to the people who say the VC versions are remakes, I have to say you are wrong. Those are simple ports, I.E taking the game files and throwing them on the Internet for the people to buy.

geek4887

The Unknown
I just want either a re-release or a port of TWW. I mean, there's enough hype for an MM remake, that we don't need to add another one. >.<

Alex

~TLoZ Veteran~
A WW port would be nice, but not on 3DS. We already have PH and ST which have the same traveling-on-a-vehicle mechanic and WW graphics. I'd rather have Nintendo finish Skyward Sword and some more awesome games before they do another game remake. And like someone else said, WW should be ported to the Wii U and not the 3DS. The Wii U'd be able to have WW's graphics without making them like PH's and ST's.

Someone also mentioned the Tingle Tuner. Wouldn't that work on the Wii U with it's controller screen?

No offence but I don't think this will ever happen. Why? Because there is no point to remake the game. It's good the way it is and I think remaking it for the 3DS is a waste of Nintendo's Time... Ocarina of Time 3D, sure, Majora's Mask 3D, why not, Wind Waker 3D, No

Ehh I don't know I would like it and sense the game cube is a dying system they could.I would not remake it though maybe a wii port would be fine the same as twilight princess.

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
Not at all. Make Majora's Mask 3D and no more remakes. Not for awhile at least. Especially because there is absolutley no reason for it at all. Wind Waker is already 3D? and newer at that so the graphics arent out-dated. Focus resources on new projects and only new projects.

M

Majora's Mask

YEESS!!

I think that WW would be great to have on a 3DS. Maybe not a game but downloadable from the Shop.
Then all those noobs who don't have a gamecube could play it. But If thats your problem you should just play it on your wii i guess...

Well, Fellow Gamers

As much as I would like to have Wind Waker in my hands wherever I go I don't think it should be done. Don't get mad at me yet! Let me explain why. Wind Waker is already fairly new I mean 8 years isn't too bad however, the big reason why it doesn't need to be remade is it still looks beautiful and doesn't need a remake. I would love to have a hand held version of one of my top favorite Zelda games but it's just not worth remaking. I'm certain it will not be remade for the 3DS mostly because many fans didn't even give it a chance.. or should I even call them fans then? Just because of the Cel-Shaded graphics.

Personally I think the game is the most appealing Zelda game in terms of graphics so far ( Aside from Skyward Sword and maybe Minish Cap ). If you say a game has bad graphics because they aren't realistic or they are cartoony you honestly have no idea what games are about. We Want COLOR! Haha but that's another story for another time..

For now.. I say THANK YOU NINTENDO for making the Wind Waker and taking the big risk with it's graphics

And of course.. GAME ON FELLOW GAMERS!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think they should remake it for WII U and sort out that fetch quest for tingle, adding in the two extra dungeons they were going to put in.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Not really. I'm not sure what more they could do to the game that would justify a 3D remake. I would like a portable WW though, that would be be pretty cool. Not a remake, just a port.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom