• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will Zelda Get better or worse?

I'm pretty sure there is no thread like this here yet, I checked, so......
What do you think, about the state of the Legend of Zelda series state of Games, and Do you think they will get better?

My Basis for this thread is the failure of standards in recent Zelda Games.
Such As, Phantom Hourglass. I Think they spent too much time and mney on the touch screen innovation, and not enough on gameplay. Heck, look at it like this- You can get the dungeon items without battling a mini boss. You get TOLD where all the treasure is. The puzzles are easy.....I hope the Next Zelda is Better quality. What about you? Will Loz games change for better...or worse?

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
If this is Nintendo we're talking about, it'll only get worse. Next thing you know, Link will have some sort of primitive scale that you use the balance board for, and Zelda will be his fitness trainer.

S

Shawnogohma

You can get the dungeon items without battling a mini boss. You get TOLD where all the treasure is. The puzzles are easy.....I hope the Next Zelda is Better quality. What about you? Will Loz games change for better...or worse?
Though I do agree it was too easy and too short, I think it may have been the system it was on. Most DS games are pretty short. Especially 3D ones.

Anyways, I don't think they could get worse. The only technical thing that I think NEEDS to be in the next Zelda game is the ability to re-fight bosses, a sound test, and DIFFICULTY (for crying out loud. I haven't had a gameover in forever.).

That would make it better.

LucarioMaster

lucario shoen
What do you think, about the state of the Legend of Zelda series state of Games, and Do you think they will get better?

Such As, Phantom Hourglass. I Think they spent too much time and mney on the touch screen innovation, and not enough on gameplay. Heck, look at it like this- You can get the dungeon items without battling a mini boss. You get TOLD where all the treasure is. The puzzles are easy.....I hope the Next Zelda is Better quality. What about you? Will Loz games change for better...or worse?

i think the zelda series would get better (i have good ideas as well) i hope zelda get's better (as i already know it will)

Maybe. But If they keep making games the wya they madep hantom Hourglass, I think the series will fail. And I owuld so hate to see that. If Nintendo don't pick up the pace and make better Zelda Games, they'll collpase.

S

Shawnogohma

You need to have faith.

And if they take their time (which is most likely to happen if fans quit being so demanding.), I'm sure it will be just as good as all the others.

Also, if anything, Phantom Hourglass isn't the start of the fall of the Zelda series. In my opinion at least. >_>

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
And if they take their time (which is most likely to happen if fans quit being so demanding.), I'm sure it will be just as good as all the others.

As if they listen to their fans anyway. They're not even giving any information until they have a release date.

I know it isn't the start. Its part of the failing in the games, not the start, but a noteable part. Hey, that rhymes! Im just mentioning it that phantom hourglass stood out to me, more than other games, as a poor quality.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
You need to have faith.

Also, if anything, Phantom Hourglass isn't the start of the fall of the Zelda series. In my opinion at least. >_>

Phantom of Hourglass is pure decay... I surely hope the next title is better than this one... Also, I would hate to have to buy a balance board just to play Zelda.

I like to think that the series will get better, but when I seriously think of it, I see exactly the opposite

S

Shawnogohma

So are you saying you didn't like PH?

Huh, I thought it was alright.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I am saying that, in my opinion as an old school hardcore zelda gamer, PH pretty much sucks, and don't even make me say why, please

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer

I loved PH and I thought it took a big step forward for the Zelda series. I loved the control on the DS and I don't think that it told you what to do too often. There were still a lot of things like the ship parts and the gems that gave the game replayability. While I think it was a bit too short, I don't think I would say they did anything wrong.

I think that the Zelda games will get better.
I think that as long as the developers have a enough time then they can make a good game.

Amelie

Air Dancer
This is a very good question. Lets be honest with areselfs here ( i know i spelled that wrong)... Zelda has gotten easyer and easyer since PH

TWW was easy.. TP was even easyer.. and well.. PH.. err.. yes. easy. Now.. is easy bad to you? It kind of is to me.. if Zelda gets any easyer I hate to say it.. but I might end up getting bored with it!

But Some Zeldas like TWW and PH are bringing new things.. even if they are not challangeing.. it depends on what they are doing in the game that makes it worse for you.

I kind of wish they would make them more challangeing.. so.. in that area.. yes.. they could get worse.. in other areas.. like innovation.. its not nearly as possible.

But lets face it.. every company messes up there games sooner or later.. maybe they are just whereing Zelda out.. and maybe not.. maybe it will get better.. who really knows?

This is a very good question. Lets be honest with areselfs here ( i know i spelled that wrong)... Zelda has gotten easyer and easyer since PH

TWW was easy.. TP was even easyer.. and well.. PH.. err.. yes. easy. Now.. is easy bad to you? It kind of is to me.. if Zelda gets any easyer I hate to say it.. but I might end up getting bored with it!

But Some Zeldas like TWW and PH are bringing new things.. even if they are not challangeing.. it depends on what they are doing in the game that makes it worse for you.

I kind of wish they would make them more challangeing.. so.. in that area.. yes.. they could get worse.. in other areas.. like innovation.. its not nearly as possible.

But lets face it.. every company messes up there games sooner or later.. maybe they are just whereing Zelda out.. and maybe not.. maybe it will get better.. who really knows?

What it sounds like you are saying is a game is only good if it is challenging.
The thing is a game does not always have to be challenging to be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom