• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will Zelda Get better or worse?

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
Well, so far, Zelda has been great. Its had its ups and downs, but that only is in comparison to other games in the series. If you compare the franchise with others, Zelda's consistant sky-high quality is damn near unparalleled.

Nintendo has yet to disappoint me with a Zelda game. I'm confident the next one will be great too.

LinkOwnsYou

LINK MAH BOI!!!
I hope that they change for better, and they can't change for worse because the Zelda games are the ones who are holding the Nintendo company if people stop buying those games Nintendo will go from good to worse.

I hope that they change for better, and they can't change for worse because the Zelda games are the ones who are holding the Nintendo company if people stop buying those games Nintendo will go from good to worse.

You do know that the Zelda games are not the only games that are holding up Nintendo right?
They also have the Mario and Pokemon games too.

Kazumi

chagy
In my opinion, we're all screwed. If not the next Zelda game, then the one after. It will fall big time. I have lost all faith. I believe..... That something very bad is going to happen to the series. This damn patent is just the start. Not just for Zelda, but for all of Nintendp. They will fall. Mark my words. I don't want them to fall, infact, that's the very last thing I want to hapen to them. But, with all of this Wii Fit crap, and casual crap, all of the long time hardcore Nintendo fans are going to be angry. They'll stop buying Nintendo games because they are much to aimed for casual gamers. But, the casual gamers won't buy it either. They won't do it for one reason or the other. Maybe boringness, not wanting to play Zelda, even if it's directed at them, something. I have no faith. But, I will enjoy the time Nintendo has left with all the power I have.

In my opinion, we're all screwed. If not the next Zelda game, then the one after. It will fall big time. I have lost all faith. I believe..... That something very bad is going to happen to the series. This damn patent is just the start. Not just for Zelda, but for all of Nintendp. They will fall. Mark my words. I don't want them to fall, infact, that's the very last thing I want to hapen to them. But, with all of this Wii Fit crap, and casual crap, all of the long time hardcore Nintendo fans are going to be angry. They'll stop buying Nintendo games because they are much to aimed for casual gamers. But, the casual gamers won't buy it either. They won't do it for one reason or the other. Maybe boringness, not wanting to play Zelda, even if it's directed at them, something. I have no faith. But, I will enjoy the time Nintendo has left with all the power I have.

By Patent would you be reffering to the guy who said he could make them or something like that with a hint button?
Ugh....The Zelda games are getting easy enough as it is, any easier and you might as well be able ot get every item before the 1st boss and kill him with your little finger, it'd be that easy. -.-

Heck, In PH, my basis for thinking The Loz series will fail , you don't even get mini bosses that you have to fight for the items, and instead you have ot solve a puzzle, and they were way too easy.
And as for the bosses.....

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Zelda will hopefully get much much better.But we have to face the fact, that as how we saw PH Zelda might get worse.

In my opinion I think Zelda will get better.Ph was Nintendo's first DS zelda game so of course It won't be as good as OoT was.I hope Zelda gets better in the future

Zelda will hopefully get much much better.But we have to face the fact, that as how we saw PH Zelda might get worse.

In my opinion I think Zelda will get better.Ph was Nintendo's first DS zelda game so of course It won't be as good as OoT was.I hope Zelda gets better in the future

Thats true. looking at it that way, Belum, we could just regard Ph's lapse of quality as " teething problems". There ofre, you could argue that Zelda isn't going downhill, just Didn't do well on Ph becuase it was new. Good point, Bellum.

Part of the problem is that the Zelda fanbase will still say that OOT is better ever if the next Zelda game does surpass OOT.

D

Dr.Cortex

I think Zelda has been getting better since the beginning. OoT was really a great one, along with MM WW and TP. I want to see more in the style of TP, just longer and maybe an even bigger hyrule field. PH is good for what we'll be seeing on handhelds.

Amelie

Air Dancer
TP for me is something that made me go ew. I know I have said this tons and tons of times. But enough AlttP/OoT rehashes already! Its the past! Where is the future?

I really hate to say that games get boreing when they do the same thing over and over and over.. but its true.. its getting a bit dull. I mean.. people say "Ooo Castlevania owns!" and I agree that it has some fun games.

Other then that its the same thing over and over and over.. its just not doing very much new at all! I dont like seeing Zelda take this turn.. and from what Shiggy has said I have lots of hope that the next Zelda will really be something "new". If it isnt.. I guess I will just sludge through another easy enemmy/boss/puzzle game and hope that something else about it shines.

www.zeldainmypocket.com
I could tell the games were going downhill when I didn't die a single time in TP or PH.

I think PH was more of an experiment and fill-in than a "real" Zelda game. I think they wanted to play with the touch screen and such. TP was overdone in some ways. They hyped it up too much for what it was. I think if Nintendo wants to pull off a good Zelda game, they should go for a 2D DS game.

My overall thought is that Zelda will keep going downhill unless they make drastic changes (which is the common rumor these days). Perhaps voice acting (for other characters), or maybe first person, as has been hinted. I don't know how these would be taken, or if they'd be any good, but I think it's the only shot if Zelda games are to keep becoming bigger and better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom