• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Will Zelda Ever Unfortunately Come to an End (I Hope Not)

I was just thinking one night, what if Zelda came to an end? It certainly wouldn't be a good thing, but do you guys think that this will ever happen? I don't know, maybe some day some other game might take over and Zelda will be forgotten? I don't want this to happen, I'm just wondering what you think. So what do you think? Will Zelda come to an end or not?

It's probably safe to assume that Zelda, as a video game series, won't end as long as Nintendo is still in business. Will it always be on Nintendo consoles? Honestly, I doubt Nintendo can stay in the hardware business for very long; sooner or later something is going to give, and Nintendo just won't have the resources that other media companies have to keep themselves floating in the console business. When that will happen is anyone's guess I suppose, with some saying it won't happen for a long time, and others saying that this generation and the WiiU will spell the end of it. I personally have loved every piece of Nintendo hardware I've ever owned, but that's just me.

If or when Nintendo does quit the console business though, Zelda will definitely still be around, hopefully with the likes of Mario and Metroid, but just on another game system. I would question the assumption that the quality of the games would continue at such a high level (took Sonic a long time to get back on track once Sega stopped).... But they'd still be in production unless Nintendo just calls it quits one day. Zelda, just as a name, still carries enough weight to give it some pretty good longevity (Metroid not so much, unfortunately).

Well, everything has to end sometime. Like others had said, as long as Nintendo is still creating video games (whether on their own hardware or not) there will still be Legend of Zelda games. Even if Nintendo goes altogether, someone else will pick up the franchise. The games are way too successful for Nintendo to decide to stop creating them. Legend of Zelda is one of the only reasons I buy Nintendo's hardware. Without it, I would probably pass. I have not bought a Wii U yet, but I probably will when a new Zelda game is released (remakes are nice, but they won't push me to buy a console).

Even if the franchise does end one day, at least a segment of its audience will continue creating Zelda-inspired artwork and stories, so it will live on in other ways.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Not anytime soon. I'd say it's got another 27.5 years in it. We don't really know what the future holds, but Zelda is here and it awesome. That's enough for me.

Skunk

Floof
Eventually, the legend will end. All good tales have some sort of end, and at some point, so will our Hyrule Fantasy. Of course, there will still be fans of the series for generations after The Legend of Zelda is over, and it will continue to keep being passed on. So, I suppose Zelda will never end in that it will come to be exactly what it is when it does end, a legend.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
For me it's more of a question if Zelda loses it's quality. Longevity doesn't necessarily matter if the quality of games, well, poor. Series likd Spyro have went down this route, and I guess could argue Sonic has as well.

Point being, I don't really care for how long the series lasts, but more so how long the quality lasts.

Ofcourse it will end someday nothing lasts forever, all legends fade, but after the series ends it will be preserved and passed on by fans and gamers alike, so yeah the series will end but it won't likely die for a really really long time if at all.

New Zelda games will be made as long as Nintendo is still in business, which they likely will be for a long time yet. I could see, however, Zelda eventually becoming one of Nintendo's series which falls into hiatus every now and again.

I've gotten some really good info from you guys! Thank you for posting! You can continue to state your opinion on this thread! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom