• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will You Watch/ Read Reviews Before Playing/ Buying?

I've allways read review of things before making the decision to buy them.
But I won't with SS!

I think it's going to be interesting to see i my opinion turns out to be different,
because I feel like it's easy to just stick with someone else's opinion.

I'm interested to know what you think! :)

No. Never have.

Most reviews are buy Ocarina of Time fanboys, Microsoft or Sony fanboys, or just plain haters. Then you have to worry about the upcoming Skyward Sword fanboys. So all reviews are biased at some point.

I will. But only from a credible source, such as IGN. I'm not gonna search "Skyward Sword Review" on Youtube, becuase I know I'll get one of two things: An all out fanboy, who thinks SS is horrible because it "didn't live up OoT, the story sucks, etc. etc.", or a total hater who decided to make a mock review just to anger Zelda fans. So, in summary, I will, but only if its from a credible source.

dadude1200

hero of...uh... somthing.
yeah, i usally go to IGN for reveiws. or i buy some sort of nintendo magazine. i wont have to for skyward sword though! i KNOW it will be epic.

H

Hero Of Water

Since IGN always get the games before the release date and they have a review ready by the time the game releases, I will have time to read or watch the review before SS releases.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
I will probably read and watch the reviews but it won't change if i buy the game or not..I have done that with for a lot of games that i have bought before, i more just read or watch the reviews to confirm that its going to be a great game.

O

Owl

I probably won't, but i might check reviews later. IGN has been getting weird with reviews lately.. I've seen reviews filled with praise and only a few minor complaints, and others that are critically lambasted, but then they get similar scores. The writing is still pretty good though.

Kybyrian

I've never actually read a review of anything before deciding to play it. I only pick up games that I've heard good things about, but I don't go searching for reviews on them. If I hear somebody say it's good while I'm just lurking around somewhere then I might get up and get it, but I never go and look for a review on a game to decide whether or not to buy it. It's probably a good thing that I just rent a lot of games. I've never looked for a review on a Zelda game or waited to see what somebody else's opinion was on it, and I don't plan to do so with Skyward Sword. I have no doubt that Skyward Sword will be an excellent game, so I'm going to go for it.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
No, I probably won't. I almost never look up reviews for a game. I will most likely get SS on release date as soon as the store opens. So no time for someone to write a review. (Unless it releases earlier in Japan of course).

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Of course. I always watch the reviews or demos to get other people's opinions before I buy a game. For SS I probably won't hesitate to buy it if I have the money. But for games I am not sure of I usually read or watch reviews and ask for my friend's opinions on the game before I buy it. I want to know how good a game is or if it is worth buying, especially if I need to make a choice between several games. So...yes.

I've never actually read a review of anything before deciding to play it. I only pick up games that I've heard good things about, but I don't go searching for reviews on them. If I hear somebody say it's good while I'm just lurking around somewhere then I might get up and get it, but I never go and look for a review on a game to decide whether or not to buy it. It's probably a good thing that I just rent a lot of games. I've never looked for a review on a Zelda game or waited to see what somebody else's opinion was on it, and I don't plan to do so with Skyward Sword. I have no doubt that Skyward Sword will be an excellent game, so I'm going to go for it.

When it comes to zelda, i'll buy the games without caring about reviews I just watch them for fun. But with SS i won't watch any reviews because I want to see if i think the game is waaay more awesome or worse than the review, I allways find some reviews very "manipulating".

linksonick

The Chaotic Enigma
I won't id rather form my own opinion of the game. Then I might go back and read/watch others just to see how our opinions match up, if at all. I already know that Skyward Sword will be a great game, every NINTENDO made Zelda game is...hate the CD-i ones.....

I can say no all the times I want, but I think that won't change the fact that I will be so excited I will no contain myself haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom