• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will You Use a Guide?

Will you use a Guide for Skyward Sword?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have used a guide for every zelda game i played.They really do help, but i don't get enough experience.I won't be using a guide in skyward sword, however.I would want to just focus on having fun.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Only if I really get stuck to the point where I can't take it any more will I resort to a guide. I only ever use guides in times of desperation or if I'm looking for something and I want to 100% the game.

The thing is, I'm getting the game very soon after it releases, and the likelihood of a good walkthrough being written by then it very slim. Besides, I try not to use guides for Zelda. This is my policy for using guides in Zelda:

1. Wait for 30 minutes in the room to make sure you have ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, NO IDEA how to solve the room's puzzle.
2. Try one new thing (if you haven't already exhausted all your ideas) before deciding you need a guide.
3. Take one last THOROUGH look around the room.
4. As soon as you're done with the room, put the guide away immediately.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Not unless the game really submits me. So yeah, no. I like to enjoy games without help especially when it's Zelda. Then you feel like you really accomplished something. I might use it for heart pieces and other collectibles but that's when I'm done doing everything I possibly can.

S

SkywardSword

No. But if the challenge/puzzle gets to the point where I'm not having fun anymore, I'll use a guide.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Only if I'm trying to do a 100% play-through. I probably won't use a guide unless I need to, not that I have anything against using guides it just I dont really need guides.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Let's see....

I used an official guide for three dungeons in TP (not Hyrule Castle or Ganondorf), and online guides for all the other games I beat. :P I feel like a cheater. I did use guides on my first playthroughs, but now that I'm working on 3 heart challenges, I'm doing my best WITHOUT a guide. (I just started OoT 3 heart run.... Can't wait to get to the Water Temple without a guide to... well... guide me throught it!)

So, will I use a guide on Skyward Sword? I won't in the beginning. I know that for sure. I might when I get into the harder dungeons. I should try to do it myself, huh? If my resolve breaks, you guys will have to shake me out of it. NO GUIDES FOR SoL!

I can't really vote now. If my determination holds, then, NO, I will NOT use a guide! Only time will tell with me....

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
No, Skyward Sword is the only Zelda game I don't plan using a guide on. I'm just anxious to try out the new control system, and want to become utterly immersed in the game and gameplay without losing the feeling of completion.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I won't use a guide just to beat Skyward Sword, but it's very likely I'll use one to get 100%. I doubt I'll achieve this on my first play-through, but I'll try anyways. I'll get my way through dungeons, thrash my way through bosses, Find logic in story-lines, and look for the solution in puzzles on my own. The secrets, collectibles, and piece of hearts will have the use of guides if I think I should have more after a certain point in time, so I guess...Yes, I will use a guide in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
You should've put a third option: "only if I need to". I will only use a walkthrough if I am absolutely stuck, just as with any other Zelda game. If the game is easy, then most likely not. But if the game is as hard as OoT or aLttP, then most definitely yes.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
You should've put a third option: "only if I need to". I will only use a walkthrough if I am absolutely stuck, just as with any other Zelda game. If the game is easy, then most likely not. But if the game is as hard as OoT or aLttP, then most definitely yes.

this is usually my technique as well. I will only use a guide if i get stuck and frustrated and i really don't know what to do next. I will usually start playing the game with no guide since i usually always get it around release time then look at a guide if it is really needed.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Doing it without the guide is a lot more fun, because instead of pausing the game every two seconds to look at a guide its better just to explore and find the magic of Hyrule on your own...Plus it all depends if you're a fan of guides...Personally I'm not because theyre kind of bland...The only guide in Zelda I've used was the official Ocarina of Time guide that was issued when the game came out...However I beat the game two times before I used the guide as I only needed it for the golden skulltulas...What I LOVED about that guide was that it was told in prose like a story and it was quite magical...Guides nowadays are kind of lacking and I just like discovering everything by myself. With Twilight Princess it was sooo magical and nostalgic playing everything without any help and I thoroughly enjoyed it (although It took me two playthroughs to truly discover its magic) and with Skyward Sword I will do the same....It's Zelda so I know it's going to be amazing and I will definitely have many "Wow!" moments that won't be ruined by a player's guide...However I will use a guide my second time through just to fully complete the game and after that Ill drop the guide...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom