• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will You Use a Guide?

Will you use a Guide for Skyward Sword?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
G

Gaspra

With the new mechanics being introduced in the game, there are sure to be lots of new puzzle schemes that we as Zelda fans have never seen before. So what if there's a part that's particularly hard to figure out? What is your view on using a guide for a new Zelda game, and if how many hours would it take for you to give in? Have you had your game experience ruined by a guide before? Where do you draw the line? Vote and share your thoughts on your choice!

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
No, I really don't want to, and even if it takes me a long time to finish the game, I still will do it without looking at a guide.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
As much as I will be tempted to, I will try my best not to. I'm hoping that this game will be hard, but I still want to do it alone. Plus, it gives a bigger sense of accomplishment when I've beat the game.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Only if I'm super frustrated on a block puzzle. I suck at and hate block puzzles. That is usually the only thing I use for a guide. Unless it's taken me more than 3Weeks to figure out.

My first play through will probably be without a guide, but i'll probably do a 2nd 100% play through and i'll use zeldadungeon's guide for that.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
Well, I certainly hope the puzzles become more challenging, because I enjoy a challenge. :) Whether or not they do, I make it a general rule for myself to avoid guides in games, even if I'm having trouble. (Typically this prevents me from becoming to addicted to a specific game because I usually have to take a several day break if I'm stuck.)

So no, I probably won't use a guide, unless I've been stuck for months and months. Even then, I might be cautious, because I sometimes accidentally come upon spoilers I don't want when I look at guides, and I'd hate spoiling the game for myself.

jugglaj91

I am me....
I will and won't. I usually start off not using one but as I go along and come across a frustrating puzzle I will use a guide for it.

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
I've never really used a guide, as they ruin games for me and I prefer to clear them by myself so I can feel the accomplishment and joy of having finished it, frustrating puzzles are also good to figure out by yourself as they are a good brain exercise xD

I really really don't want to use one now...temptation lots of times win over me but I hope my pride is bigger than that I really don't want to use a guide xD so far I've only used guides on majoras because I got frustrated with time at some parts and in OoT's Water Temple

Link19x

Freak on a leash xp
actually I was planning on doing the whole game by myself with no guides and no help. it makes it more interseting and fun :)

Even then, I might be cautious, because I sometimes accidentally come upon spoilers I don't want when I look at guides, and I'd hate spoiling the game for myself.

I totally agree xD I remember a few years ago I was looking at a twilight princess guide and I accidentally saw ganondorf at the end u.u kinda ruined it for me xD

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
the newer Zelda games tend to be a bit easier for me, and there are quite a few Zelda games that I never needed to use a guide for. OoT, WW and TP I beat without any help at all. If the trend holds up I should be able to beat SS without any major issues. but just to be clear I'm going to restrict myself from using any guides this time. At least for my first playthrough, it makes the game last a bit longer than it would with a guide, and you get a better sense of a reward when you complete a puzzle or a dungeon or whatever it is you are facing at the moment.

Beeker

Wild Card
I have only beaten a few games without a guide(Spirit Tracks fully, almost got through all of Wind Waker without one, and LoZ if you don't count using a map=P). Usually I'll get to some kind of puzzle, my brain stops working, and I give in to temptation and look at a guide.:sweat:

I've already told myself I will not use a guide for Skyward Sword. No promises how far I go until I crash and give in! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom