• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Will you be using the wolf link amiibo?

I will not be buying or using any type of Amiibo. They are a ripoff and the worst form of DLC out there. For the same price of an amiibo you can buy 8 hours of extra story content for the Witcher 3 including original compositions, high quality voice acting and new areas.

By purchasing an Amiibo I would be giving Nintendo the impression that I approve of them selling a cheap looking toy that allows you to access content worth less than $1.

Interestingly, my opinions on the matter are pretty much exactly the opposite. I think they're the BEST form of DLC, because they double as pretty nice collectibles for my favorite game (I think they're much higher quality than they could be for the price, another point we disagree on.)

Another reason I like amiibo has to do with the concept of DLC in general. Many people feel that DLC is usually content that should have been included in the first place, but the content locked behind amiibo is usually so insignificant that people who don't have them aren't really missing out on much. Even though I have the Wolf Link amiibo I probably won't use it because I like the solo exploration aspect of BotW. Not to mention that stealth will be impossible with him in play. My Wolf Link will live on the custom diorama I built for it.
https://goo.gl/photos/3MhnTENjPBAi35WD9

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
Interestingly, my opinions on the matter are pretty much exactly the opposite. I think they're the BEST form of DLC, because they double as pretty nice collectibles for my favorite game (I think they're much higher quality than they could be for the price, another point we disagree on.)

Another reason I like amiibo has to do with the concept of DLC in general. Many people feel that DLC is usually content that should have been included in the first place, but the content locked behind amiibo is usually so insignificant that people who don't have them aren't really missing out on much. Even though I have the Wolf Link amiibo I probably won't use it because I like the solo exploration aspect of BotW. Not to mention that stealth will be impossible with him in play. My Wolf Link will live on the custom diorama I built for it.
https://goo.gl/photos/3MhnTENjPBAi35WD9
I agree

Initially I was a little annoyed with the Wolf Link coming w/ Twilight Princess HD because I felt like the Wii version I bought when it first came out was the purchase of an incomplete game... but now that they're added the Wolf Link companion in Breath of the Wild, you can bet your ass I'm more than happy to have it now :) Kind of makes me wish I had the Sheik and Zelda ones for a daily heal when the **** hits the fan, but maybe somewhere down the line if I can find them for cheap and they're still in production I may just pick them up and finally get around to trying to tackle the Cave of Shadows on Hero Mode (I can get to about 30-35F before I have to Wolf Link heal, but I'm usually wiped out a few floors after :( )

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
My first play through I'm fairly confident I won't use any amiibo. My second play through though... Oh man. I'm dumping all of them on dis *****

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
I am really excited to have my own wolf companion in BOTW! I wonder if you can have the wolf active while riding Epona... that would be awesome!

WindFishTacos

"Look at those sideburns...that's true grit!"
I don't have a Wii U so no TPHD for me. However, now that you can buy wolf link amiibo separate from the game, does anyone know if you can use it in Breath of the Wild?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I only play TPHD with 3 hearts so using the wolf link amiibo for its primary function (Saved hearts from CoO) would be entirely useless for me. as a companion, it'd be nice assuming WL doesn't tank performance. LOL. :^)

I don't have a Wii U so no TPHD for me. However, now that you can buy wolf link amiibo separate from the game, does anyone know if you can use it in Breath of the Wild?
Yes, that's precisely why they decided to release it separately. Unfortunately that means it'll only have three hearts, but you should still get some good use out of it.

I won't be using it while playing properly, but probably will use it with the other Amiibo while stocking up on materials, etc. as it should serve as a good guard dog in case I don't spot nearby enemies while I'm busy gathering.
I really want to know what all of the other Amiibo do... I've got around half a dozen Zelda ones from the different collections, but still don't know what the BotW ones will do, or even whether of not the SSB collection ones will even work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom