• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will You Be Spoiling the Next Zelda Wii U Title for Yourself?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Last year and a couple of years leading up to it I had been consuming every scrap of news, watching every video and reading any articles related to Skyward sword. By the time it came out I knew the plot and the ending, and there was not a single dungeon I had not seen at least a room from. Whilst I enjoyed learning all this and seeing what would be in the game it did hinder my enjoyment. It took away any real sense of discovery that I had experienced in older titles such as OOT and WW. Whilst I do love SS I feel I missed out on something that I have experienced in every other title I have played. Which is why when the next Wii U title is released I shall only be watching official trailers and interviews and not all the gameplay videos and certainly NOT reading a text dump detailing every event in the game! When the next Wii U title comes out It shall be a journey of discovery for me concluding in an unknown outcome.

What I would like to know is what everybody else is going to do. Have you learnt the error of your ways from SS? Do you not do spoilers full stop and do not intend to start? Or is it spoilers all the way?

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
For SS I had the intend of not spoiling anything for myself at all, however i soon caved in and watched the demo of the game that was in videos across the internet. I avoided any mentioning of the story, and i plan to do the same thing for wii u as i did for SS: spoil myself slightly, but not too much that i know everything.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's a mixed bag for me, really. I could spoil myself and know everything about the game (making dem arguments, yay!) or I could not spoil myself and play the game fresh. The problem for me is that I don't know what I'd do should I choose not to spoil anything about the next Zelda. I really want to enjoy Zelda Wii U (and 3DS) the way I enjoyed certain older titles *cough Majora's Mask cough*, so maybe I SHOULDN'T spoil myself. Time will tell, as well as the first couple screenshots/E3 mentionings of ZWii U.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well as I said I will be watching the official trailers and maybe an interview or two, but I really need to stay strong and not watch too much.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I will be for sure. I can never help myself, I always rush straight into spoilers, I love finding out about stuff before it happens. I have a bad habit of finding my Christmas presents earlier as well. So as soon as any little detail comes out I will not avoid it in any way. I don't really think spoilers ruin the game for you unless it's like a giant plot twist or something, so I don't mind knowing. It also gives me anticipation to wonder when that part of the game is going to happen.

What I've found is that the closer you get to the release, the more spoiler-ish the trailers are.

With this in mind, I watch the trailers up until 3 months or so before the release, then I shut it down.
I'm not strong enough to go completely dark. I just cannot do it.

shaymin1

Derp.
I usually stay away from any major spoilers. I just resist the urge to click all the spoiler links.

Whenever the release of a new Zelda game approaches, I only watch official trailers and not gameplay videos someone has posted on the Internet. Of course my playthrough will be unique, however, I don't want to find out too much before going in myself. As much as I would like to return to my younger days where I new almost nothing about a game when I bought it, I know that's an impossible dream. I'll spoil myself a bit in regards to Zelda Wii U but not enough that I know the entire story and sidequests like the back of my hand.

I will probably watch only the first trailer, I don't know. But when it comes out, I won't enter the Zelda Dungeon Forums until I beat it.

I side stepped every piece of SS news there was which was REALLY difficult when i frequent the nintendo site for reviews and previews on other ames, i couldnt help learning a little about SS, but after playing it i wish i had harvested every scrap of info because i was wholly disappointed with SS because i was expecting everything TP had an more within SS but alas, i got very little on the disc that i liked or enjoyed.

However i think that nintnedo will go all out on another TP style game, HD graphics, huge overworld and so i'd like to know at least the game's design and world if nothing else for the next home console game.

godess reborn

Blame The Cricket
I try and resist looking at spoilers. The game is more enjoyable for me if I don't know what's coming up next. However, I let myself look at some of the wii motion plus demonstrations for SS, as it only showed the combat and a few bokoblins, but I stay away from any other kinds of spoilers at all cost. It's more fun when I get to solve puzzles on my own rather than already knowing how to do them if I watched a video.

Just gonna watch trailers and read the key points about the adventure and maybe watch and read some reviews. I'm not gonna look at lets plays on youtube or anything like that.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
I didn't look at a single thing for Skyward Sword except for the first trailer back at E3 2010. It made the experience a whole lot better. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom